IGNORED

"HOMOSEXUAL CHRISTIANS"

Azarel Star

Guest charlie
Homosexuality=SIN

WE ARE BORN INTO SIN

DO YOU AGREE THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES OF SIN?

MURDER

GOSSIP

JEALOUSY

HATRED

SEXUAL PERVERSION......

OKAY SO LETS REPHRASE MY STATEMENT:

WE ARE BORN INTO MURDER

WE ARE BORN INTO GOSSIP

WE ARE BORN INTO JEALOUSY

WE ARE BORN INTO HATRED

WE ARE BORN INTO SEXUAL PERVERSION....

WE ARE BORN INTO HOMOSEXUALITY

SO WHAT I MEAN IS A SPIRIT CAN AFFLICT YOU AT BIRTH BECAUSE WE ARE BORN INTO SIN

I've never seen a baby that has committed murder, gossip, jealousy, hatred or sexual perversion. I'm an adult and I've never committed murder or sexual perversion though I have experienced the other three things at different times so the answer is <drumroll please>>

NO, we are not born into "sin".

-- We're simply born, and whatever happens afterward is a result of the physical (outside our control), our learned behaviors and attitudes and our choices, whether we choose to violate what's culturally and legally acceptable or not. However, I do believe even a healthy mind can be "screwed up" from a variety of things including abuse (verbal, sexual, emotional, religious) other times there may just be something wrong with the brain from the get go.

Ask yourself; why would a merciful, loving Creator even allow an "evil spirit" to afflict or attack an innocent newborn in the first place? If God allowed that then He/She/It wouldn't be merciful or loving..... or worthy of worship.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlie
A BORN AGAIN BELEIVER CAN'T BE POSSESED, BUT HE CAN BE INFLUENCED.

the bible says that our battle is not with the flesh or fleshly things, it is a spiritual battle. we keep giving fleshly explanations to spiritual problems. alcoholism is a spirit, genetics is the doorway. I have to go to work but I will post scripture from ephesians and romans that justify my claim.

spirits cannot influence you w/o doorways...so if my father was an alcoholic i have the genetic makeup to also be an alcoholic.that would be a generational curse. spirits can operate through the doorways of generational curses.

thanx for the replies, I enjoy discussing this with my brothers and sisters, I have to go to work now but I will log on later with those scriptures

My son has Type I juvenile diabetes. Sometimes children as young as 18 mos old get it. I suppose you think that is a generational genetic curse triggered by demons too??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

A BORN AGAIN BELEIVER CAN'T BE POSSESED, BUT HE CAN BE INFLUENCED.

the bible says that our battle is not with the flesh or fleshly things, it is a spiritual battle. we keep giving fleshly explanations to spiritual problems. alcoholism is a spirit, genetics is the doorway. I have to go to work but I will post scripture from ephesians and romans that justify my claim.

spirits cannot influence you w/o doorways...so if my father was an alcoholic i have the genetic makeup to also be an alcoholic.that would be a generational curse. spirits can operate through the doorways of generational curses.

thanx for the replies, I enjoy discussing this with my brothers and sisters, I have to go to work now but I will log on later with those scriptures

Hi Azarel Star,

And I am gone for the weekend. I'll read when I return.

1.My main point was that it doesn't matter as much what causes sin (because it is still sin); rather what a person does to receive forgiveness that is important.

In other words does it really matter if one person believes it came from their parents and another believes they caught it from the people down the street? It is still sin and needs to be fixed.

* I think we agree that sin is sin no matter what.

*I think we agree that people in sin would have to understand that they can not be forgiven if they don't think sin is sin?

As for the human battle topic, I'll wait and read your reply then reply Sunday night or Monday morn...

Have a great weekend,

Griffith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

:thumbsup:

Homosexuality=SIN

WE ARE BORN INTO SIN

DO YOU AGREE THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES OF SIN?

MURDER

GOSSIP

JEALOUSY

HATRED

SEXUAL PERVERSION......

OKAY SO LETS REPHRASE MY STATEMENT:

WE ARE BORN INTO MURDER

WE ARE BORN INTO GOSSIP

WE ARE BORN INTO JEALOUSY

WE ARE BORN INTO HATRED

WE ARE BORN INTO SEXUAL PERVERSION....

WE ARE BORN INTO HOMOSEXUALITY

SO WHAT I MEAN IS A SPIRIT CAN AFFLICT YOU AT BIRTH BECAUSE WE ARE BORN INTO SIN

Using your arguement, we are not only born gay, but we are born murderers, gossips, jealous, hateful and sexually perverted.

but;

We CHOOSE no to murder

We CHOOSE not to gossip

We CHOOSE not to be jealous

We CHOOSE not to be hateful

We CHOOSE not to be sexually perverted

AND, yes, we CHOOSE not to be homosexual

Verrrry interesting.

I think with a little more modification, it may become clearer to the others

what it is you are saying.

Heres my question:

If that were the case, what makes us different, why do some practice murder and some not.

Why do some PRACTICE homosexuality while others dont?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I have read your post and the responses over and over again and wondered what

makes me want to write a response when much of what has been said I agree with

so most likely I'll erase this once I'm done.Fact is I do believe some are born gay as

one of your responses wrote I too think a hormonal inbalance may be the cause and

in time may be cured.Unfortunatly I feel the vast majority of gay people out there have

been influenced by many of societies deviants(I include hollywood,many media's,college boys that lead girls into acts with other girls because they don't view it the same as gay males,and a vast of etc's). I do not view being gay as a sin but acting on those homo-

sexual tendancies is a sin. I welcome them to come to church and would encourage the

speakers of the church to use the words of God in there sermons that emphasize what

God says about engaging in homosexual acts. I could careless if gays get married or

not but do draw the line at them marrying in a church.Let them be married by a justice

of the peace and let no mention of God be read in their vows. I would prefer them not

to be able to marry but I feel that man's law will someday make it possible.What makes

being married in a church so special is having God's blessing.We must also prevent books like "I have two Mommy's" from entering our school's.

God Bless All!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

This thread is similar to a lot of others about homosexuality. There are always people who have tendecies to want to be gay and are looking for justifacation for wanting to be both gay and christian. Well, according to sooo many passges in the bible, it's impossible.

All it takes to be free from homosexualiy is repentance and the reveiving of Christ into your life and prayer.

Guest charlie
This thread is similar to a lot of others about homosexuality. There are always people who have tendecies to want to be gay and are looking for justifacation for wanting to be both gay and christian. Well, according to sooo many passges in the bible, it's impossible.

You mean the way remarried divorcees are always looking for justification for being unscripturally divorced, remarried yet not living in adultery the way Jesus says they are......according to the bible in so many passages? The churches have justified divorce and remarriage so why not justify being gay and christian; after all, Jesus never even mentions homosexuality but comes down on divorce like a ton of bricks so to condone the one and not the other is a double standard.

btw - I'm a remarried divorcee so I'm not judging anyone else who is; just pointing out a fact about the "church"/clergy " deciding what's okay and what's not okay then trying to make the bible fit whatever dogma they decide on. I don't care if gays marry either as long as churches aren't forced to marry them. If people are over 18 and paying taxes I don't think it's any of my business what they do and I'd rather not think about what they do....if you get my drift.

But I would like to see it cured some day...for real and you're only gonna get that from science. If prayer worked there wouldn't be any homosexuals and we wouldn't even be discussing this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1989

When you become a christian and babtized in the water, you are free from your sin. Which means you stop sinning like you used to. Simply put, there can not be homosexual *CHRISTIANS*, because you gave up your sin for Christ. If you are a homosexual christian, you are no christian at all. Untill you accept Him as your lord and savoir, and *REPENT* for your sins, you can not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

This means that because he gave you free will, *YOU* choose to be a homosexual, you choose to murder and you choose to lust. Call it what you want, but it is still your free will that makes you what you are.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I've never seen a baby that has committed murder, gossip, jealousy, hatred or sexual perversion. I'm an adult and I've never committed murder or sexual perversion though I have experienced the other three things at different times so the answer is <drumroll please>>

NO, we are not born into "sin".

-- We're simply born, and whatever happens afterward is a result of the physical (outside our control), our learned behaviors and attitudes and our choices, whether we choose to violate what's culturally and legally acceptable or not. However, I do believe even a healthy mind can be "screwed up" from a variety of things including abuse (verbal, sexual, emotional, religious) other times there may just be something wrong with the brain from the get go.

Ask yourself; why would a merciful, loving Creator even allow an "evil spirit" to afflict or attack an innocent newborn in the first place? If God allowed that then He/She/It wouldn't be merciful or loving..... or worthy of worship.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Ok, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the following:

1. Being gay isn't evil, wrong, exclusively a human choice or against nature.

2. People can choose to experiment with their sexuality, but all of us are born with a sexual preference.

3. It is possible to be gay but sleep with the opposite sex.

4. The act of sleeping with someone of the same sex is not involving yourself in the 'gay lifestyle.'

Note: I'm not religious. I appreciate that pretty much all of you are, and that being an athiest doesn't mean you agree with me. However, I'm not going to get into an argument about why God says homosexuality is bad, because I don't believe in the Bible. Critique my other answers and believe that this preumption of mine is wrong, but leave it at that, because neither of us is about to convert the other.

Now- explaining my points.

1. Homosexuality is found in other creatures on earth. Some male elk have full-on intercourse with one another; cows have been seen to mount one another as though one of them was a bull; some birds, dolphins and monkeys have same-and-opposite-sex sex for pleasure; and some fairy penguins form same-sex couples for life. In fact, when a male-male penguin couple at San Fransisco Zoo were given a real penguin egg to replace the rock they'd been nurturing in their nest, the resulting chick was raised successfully, healthy and normal (and no, it was heterosexual). We don't choose the colour of our eyes, our genetic makeup or the chemistry of our brains; while we can choose to control our emotions or let them run riot, we cannot decide whether or not we are born with a penchant for violence. We can choose to pay attention in school and work hard, but we are all born with a certain amount of intelligence. Why can we have innate preferences for certain characteristics in a partner (blonde, brunette, brains, brawn, humour, diligence), but not likewise have a preference for gender? Extensive studies of the brain chemistry of gay and straight people has revealed that those who are gay have brain patterns which are more similar to those of the opposite gender than of their own: the same results applied to transsexuals. How can this be anything other than something we are born with?

2. As someone else has said, we can choose to experiment with one sex (or 'swear off') another. It is not hard for women to form emotional bonds with other women, or men with men; we all make friends with members of our own gender. Often, these friendships are full of love. Although there are different types of love, adding a physical aspect to something like this is hardly shallow: a genuine connection can and does exist in these instances, the same as between members of the opposite sex.

3. My father, a man in his seventies, recently got in contact with a school friend he hasn't seen in forty years. The friend, who has been married for about the same length of time and who has three grown children, confessed to my dad that he was gay, and was now divorced. The physical inclination to sleep with a certain gender can be overcome; but the act of this does not remove the inclination itself.

4. At the moment, I live in Sydney, Australia. Near to me is Oxford Street, home of the annual Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras and full-time hub of the gay lifestyle in the city. I can tell you truly, that being gay does not mean you live this lifestyle. Not every gay man or woman is in-your-face about it, listens to KD Lang or likes to dress up as Shirely Bassey. There are old gay truckers who don't even know what a sequin is as well as screaming queens with big hair and frocks. But the 'lifestyle' is far from compulsory; most find it too exhaustive and exhibitionist, particularly those who are older. That doesn't mean they don't get out there from time to time, but that isn't their lifestyle- just something they do from time to time for fun.

Alright, I'm done. Prepare to yell at me :blink: