IGNORED

He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing

Azarel Star

He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Men:Did you know your wife when you first encountered her?

• Yes
    • Yes she was exactly what I wanted(truthfully)
    • No
    • No she WAS NOT what I wanted...but what I needed
    • I thought she might be but she eventually grew on me
  2. 2. Women:Did you know your husband when you first encountered him?

• Yes
    • Yes he was exactly what I wanted(truthfully)
    • No
    • No he WAS NOT what I wanted...but what I needed
    • I thought he might be but he eventually grew on me
  3. 3. Men:Did GOD show tell you who your mate was?

• yes
    • no

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm debating internally if I'm following GOD or my flesh. You see I feel as though GOD has shown me who my husband will be, but I always thought that the man should know who his wife will be. Were perfect for each other but I know that I'm not what he desires. Were the best of friends but I don't want to be second-rate to his vision of a wife. Can someone give me advice?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Ask Jesus.

My cousin had been visiting an uncle of Mine, when I was a teen, and I accepted Jesus into my Heart after he had shared what the Lord had done and shared the word of God. He had

a ministry- that went around the US and preached the Gospel- people were healed by the Power of God- I was so excited when I gave my heart to Jesus.

That weekend I began praying to find my husband (in my teen years). I went back to

my Uncles house and my cousin was there- My cousin met me at the door and said, the Lord wants me to tell you that you are praying wrong and your too young to be concerned with this; he said the Lord said that I would know him when I met him. I was blown away.

Well the first little boy, I saw in school had an interest in me (not unusual-then) but I really liked him. I asked the Lord about him and I dreamed that he would never kiss me-I had no idea what this meant. My older brother asked me to go to the movies with his girlfriend, and I would go with this boy. He was very different - wouldn't hold my hand firmly- I didn't know what that was all about. Sparks didn't fly. Years later I found out he was Gay.

As I got older, my brother moved out he had a roommate who expressed an interest in me; I liked him also. I asked the Lord for a dream; I had a dream he was getting into a car with another woman. I didn't know what that meant, but He told me the following day that I was way too young, he said when I turned 18 to look him up, but I would probably have a boyfriend and think he was a jerk. Sure enough he was married when I turned 18.

Later on, I joined a sport, I wasn't looking to find Mr Right. I walked in and there was the instructor. Something about him (beyond his looks drew me) I had an instant crush.

I asked the Lord about him, before I even dated him-though I could tell he was interested-

I had a dream about a shared interest in the future. I didn't know what that was about-

I would ask the Lord again- I had other good dreams-nothing stood out so much.

When we started dating, We both knew we were to be married, I wanted to marry him 3 months into the process. We waited almost 2 years and got married. Been married-

seems like a million years- the dream I had explained the job we share today.

Has it been perfect- no- But during a trial in the marriage- I asked the Lord for grace-

He said My Grace is Sufficient for You!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Dear azarel,

The test of time is vital. I believe in the test of time and that the Lord will tell you. We must trust the Holy Spirit to dicern over us and to give us the yes or wait.

I knew who my hubby would be. But, I waited because of wanting it to be when God said to get married.

My friends say that the one year, minimum, ( I waited much longer, after all marraige a liftime, it is worth waiting on) they took to share in the class for relationship of marriage and personal councelling for them and a couple has been very valuable in their marriage and they do suggest it for any couple wanting to marry.

May I ask why is it you say that you are not what he finds a wife to be? You should feel valued as who you are in this relationship, precious and special because you are who you are, not living up to some imagined ideas, but for who you are.

Is it feeling insecure, we all do that a times.

I am here if you want to talk or need prayers.

God will lead.

Blessings

elkie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

Ask Jesus.

Perfect advise and the only answer needed. The reason so many Christian marriages fail is that those involved failed to ask God FIRST before running to the altar and asking Him to bless THEIR choice.

There is no magic formula, not time, not anything. If God wants you to marry and wants you to marry that particular person He will tell you in a way you can understand.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just start praying everyday for your husband..that he would have a good day...that he would have favour....and delight in the Lord for he will give you the desires of your heart...love grows in friendship...the best kind of love, the love that lasts...so trust God to work it out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I was 15 years old.

Blind date that my sister set up because he was the best friend of her husband.

They were going canoeing and needed one more to fill the canoe.

I saw him and turned to my sister and said THAT"S the man I'm going to marry.

She laughed at me.

3 years later, we were married.

Celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary this year.