Ovedya

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

i didnt read it all but rod parsley seems like a real good guy...... i like him..... He is fired up about what the Lord is doing........ this person who adds their twist on things doesnt understand very much....... the gates of hell shall not prevail against the church and The Kingdom of God is going to fill the entire world!!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that there are quite a lot of christian people who are always holding up certain preachers and teachers as being annointed. Who has the authority here on earth to say that he or she is annointed? Well, IMO, no-one has. We know thta Saul and David and a few others in the OT were annointed because we have read it in the bible, We know Jesus was, because He said so in the Gospel of Luke chap 4, vvs 18 and 19. Just because some one preaches a good word doesn't mean that he or she has been annointed. I have enjoyed the preaching and teaching of a few good members of this worthy board, but I have never hears of any one of them laying claim to being annointed.

In the last church or two that I used to go to three pastors I have known, said they were annointed and called of God and one of them is now driving a fork lift, one is a full tme undertaker and I dont where the other one got to but he's not around. Some of these afore mentioned blokes annoint themselves I think or maybe at their pastors conventions they all annoint each other. I've had a few prophetic words spoken over me at times, but I wouldn't call myself annointed. Tele evavangelists annointe? HuuH. Annointed with their own self important and self glorifying egos.

Anyway thats MHO. Have a good day in the word......

Eric,

Amen brother!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I would never assume that because an organization is christian based that it runs without blemish. 

this is one thing that i was talking about with my friend and it was troubling me. in my opinion . . i think that when was is doing things like financial planning for the church or other stuff that its okay to err but when u are talking about things of God . .well . .. then I think u can't afford to be wrong cos u are dealing with people's eternal security here. i don't know . . i stand corrected but thats my opinion. (i hestitate to say this but . . . )its kind of okay to make a mistake when its with the things of God and then own up to it and correct it but when u stand firm in ur error . .then i think . .well . . .everything i said in the third line. i guess thats why teachers of the word are gonna get a stricter judgement.

opinions ??

God-man: I love to read your posts. You do post the truth.

Neb: I love that song sis.

Ex1140: Have you ever really read on these people you named or are you just taking their word for what they are saying?

Calamity: Great sites.

Peaches: I agree if someone teaches an error in ignorance and then corrects it that is one thing. However, if one teaches and knows the truth and won

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Another thing that I find even more disturbing is that you say that this organization is corrupt through and through...but some of the most anointed men and women of God support it. Why haven't they picked up on what you have? ... :laugh:

I have not personally said that. Perhaps you read it in another reply...

Dear Saints;

I was aghast to read that TBN took the money out of the envelopes and threw the prayer requests away. That is exactly what Robert Tilton was doing. I also was upset to read that Jan Crouch took family photos, etc. off of employees desks. That certainly was not a demonstration of love and kindness and unity. We need tv and internet preachers to reach shut ins, rural areas, etc. But sadly, most of them teach more about money than about God. A person must use caution and measure all teachings against what the Bible says and pray for discernment, wisdom, and guidance. I saw a tv commercial awhile back where one very famous tv preacher was teaching his followers to say these words "money, money, money come to me now". Satan is ensnaring so many people using false Biblical teachings about wealth and money. The majority of people are so lost. TBN has alot of good resources that God can use. We should all pray for Paul and Jan Crouch that God touches their hearts, opens their eyes and turns them around to the Truth.

Yours in Faith, Saof7

TBN started out correctly. They truly loved the Lord or so it seemed. Who am I to say since I was so caught up in this movement?

I can not watch TBN anymore and have not been able to in years. I get physically ill when watching some of the people on there, Paul and Jan included. Jan always appeared to be phoney to me so I never watched her and could not stand to hear her talk from the beginning.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

• Mt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

TBN was corrupt from the roots (or the beginning), therefore the fruit is corrupt.

Paul and Jan have willfully rejected the truth of the Gospel and "ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and [will therefore] perish in the gainsaying of Core.."

They are but tare gathers . . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Wow, I guess i agree with most of the above posts-99% of TV pastors turn my stomach-but.....should we, because we disagree with doctrine preached-turn against our Christian brothers? I'm just not sure. I don't even agree with the only one you guys seem to "like"-Charles Stanley, I can't listen to him any easier than I can to Benny Hinn or Ken Copeland. Are people being saved through the ministry? What did Jesus say about those that were preaching the gospel-but didn't belong to the "group"? Are these preachers our brothers and sisters in Christ? God-man-excuse me if I misunderstood-I just read this whole thread today-so I may have missed something-but it sounded a little like-they got upset with you because you were in sin (fornication) at the time? Come on, what did you expect? Fornication shoud be overlooked and removing pictures or rumors of two women fighting should be reasons to ignore a whole ministry? Please don't take that wrong-because I know you have repented and the Lord has forgiven you. I just wonder if it has anything to do with it?