• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/26/1961

I know of someone who claims they were "saved" several years ago. The Bible tells us that when you are saved, you become a new person. This person has never changed. They go to church, and study the Word, but... she does not display any fruits of the Spirit. I can't remember ever seeing any fruits in her. She is often angry and bitter, and is pretty much incapable of seeing any good in anything. (She is so negative and down, in my mind I call her the princess of darkness, because I feel like I am being enveloped with darkness when I am around her)

My question is this, is it possible she truly is saved and still an infant in our Lord? I know we all have bad times when we do not reflect Christ, but doesn't there have to be some evidence in your life, in your personality, that the Spirit is living within you? (I don't like to use the word 'Saved', because that is between her and the Lord and NOT for me to decide, but I don't know how else to describe it.)

I have often wondered if she really did dedicate her life to Christ, because there really is no evidence in her life that Christ is in it. In fact, if she were to try to witness to anyone that knew her, they would probably be turned off because she is so obviously miserable and bitter.

I have started to think that she was a seed that sprouted on rocky soil, and withered the minute the sun came out.

Lately, I have been wondering if I should start praying for her salvation.

Any insight would be helpful. Has anyone else known someone like this?

Blessings, kamusat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

We have the born again experience-that is an awesome decision-but we have to renew our minds with the word of God-this is not a head knowledge but a heart knowledge. Are you asking if people can be baby christians-Yes. Our spirits require the word of God to grow-not in a head knowledge-but from the heart. We should allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us to a point that we can discern when a false doctrine is being taught or when the devil comes against us- out of the abundance of our heart our mouth will speak words of wisdom. Its ashame if we can only receive the milk of the word of God and not the steak-we should be at a point that we teach others and not have to be retaught 25 years later-basic principles. I've been through seasons and I'm not going to judge her-that's not my call-but that is the state of many christians. I think we see this happening when people are not truly discipled and/or

mentored in the Lord.

Shepherd are responsible for feeding the sheep, and discipling the sheep. But we must still eat, and seek the true shepherd daily on our own so we can identify his voice, and know Him.

I believe there will come a day that God will judge the bad shepherds-but in the end-we stand alone before God and answer to him alone.

She needs to be prayed for this and since you know her well and it seems you have the burden-there you go.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Heb 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,

Heb 5:13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

I believe it is possible to be born again and remain a babe in Christ..

Pray for her because it sounds like she has many things in her heart that God needs to deal with her about..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I don't know if it is possible to be a born again Christian and bear no fruit. What is fruit? Do others have to see this fruit in order to be a fruit bearer? Maybe this person is bearing fruit that only she can see?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Just because YOU don't see the fruit doesn't mean that the fruit is not there.

Maybe she is shy or modest or humble and keeps her fruit hidden in a bushel.

I have an orange tree in my yard that I keep complaining to my husband that I have never seen or gotten to eat a single orange off that tree.

My husband said that there has been plenty of fruit but the birds eat them before I get to see them or eat them.

It produces but just not where I can see it.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Mat 3:8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance.

I was reading these scriptures this afternoon and thinking on the fact that God is asking us to bring forth fruit..

the first one seems to be the fruit we bear is that which shows we have repented...

That to me means a heart change which may not be visible to someone ..but is to God..

The other fruit is something others see...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

50cent,

Spiritual growth is measured by the existance of Spiritual Fruit. (The fruit of the Spirit)

(Galatians 5:22-23)But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness,

goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. . .

(Matthew 7:16Ye shall know them by their fruit. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

How do you know if the fruit is real? Watch them go through a trial- The fruit of the Spirit will hold up under the heat. If its bad fruit-the test is failed. Usually the more fruit-the more mature the christian-like a natural tree-takes a while for it to start producing.

We must be led by the Spirit of God to become more Like Christ. We must except the training from Father God and his prunings. We must be nourished in the word of God. We must walk in the Spirit and not the flesh. Always keeping our eyes lifted to the Son Jesus Christ.

This is how we will grow.

Bearing fruit is not an option!!! Be fruitful and multiply.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But remember different types of plants take different amounts of time to germinate and grow.

The seeds may be there just about to come forth. However on a practical level I stay away from negative people, self-professing Christians or not, life on this planet is short and as Christians we have work to do which requires energy and joy.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

We nwe have need to be cautious. It is possible that they are exhibiting fruit, it is just that we have not observed it ourselves. God is the one who will ultimately judge

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I know we all have bad times when we do not reflect Christ, but doesn't there have to be some evidence in your life, in your personality, that the Spirit is living within you?

Hey, Kathy...you know, I am experiencing this myself with my husband. I love him dearly and he's precious to me but I'm afraid the "fruit" is a bit sour. I recognize that he's often not feeling well and make allowance for that. Still, it troubles me also when I don't see any evidence of spiritual growth.

From my experience, it seems that if a person never spends time praying or in the Word, this corresponds with a soul that's disinterested and at the very least, immature.

It could be that your friend is just simply not mature and needs greater fellowship with stronger, more established believers. A good bible study might also help.

All I can do with my husband is pray for him and encourage him to pray and read the Word. I await God's intervention in his life. I can plant and even water but God gives the growth.