• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

I enjoyed reading the fictional book and I will enjoy viewing the fictional movie. Everyone has their own beleifs on Jesus Christ and all that goes with Him. Now, am I going to go around and tell everyone that theor beleifs have to be the same as mine? No I am not. I am strong enough in my faith that these books or movies are just for fun, to me anyway. Does this make me a weak christian? To who would it?

But, if you all are so eager to point the finger at people who read the book or are curious about the things in the book, point your finger at me.

Me too!

I am reading a New York Times Bestseller, "Walking The Bible," A Journey by Land through the Five Books of Moses. It is written by a Jewish author Bruce Feiler. I haven't come across anything that isn't found in the Christian Bible. Yet, to some on Worthy forums, it may not pass with their okay. :whistling:

Unfortunately, it seems like some of Worthy's family likes to think their way is the only way. :thumbsup:

Snow4JC

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I enjoyed reading the fictional book and I will enjoy viewing the fictional movie. Everyone has their own beleifs on Jesus Christ and all that goes with Him. Now, am I going to go around and tell everyone that theor beleifs have to be the same as mine? No I am not. I am strong enough in my faith that these books or movies are just for fun, to me anyway. Does this make me a weak christian? To who would it?

But, if you all are so eager to point the finger at people who read the book or are curious about the things in the book, point your finger at me.

Me too!

I am reading a New York Times Bestseller, "Walking The Bible," A Journey by Land through the Five Books of Moses. It is written by a Jewish author Bruce Feiler. I haven't come across anything that isn't found in the Christian Bible. Yet, to some on Worthy forums, it may not pass with their okay. :whistling:

Unfortunately, it seems like some of Worthy's family likes to think their way is the only way. :thumbsup:

Snow4JC

If someone wrote a fictional account of your life or your parents, spouse or siblings, would that still be ok? Would you still like everyone to read it and even make a movie having amazing actors play out scenes in your life that never happened? It would be ok, of course, because the author would write that it was really fiction even though your name, address, place of work, parents geneology and everything else would be true, the rest would be made up and that would be OK...and of course it would be so interesting to read and right up there with freedom of speech, if the fictional account had you doing and saying everything that was directly opposite to who you are and what defined you, because that would be fiction and everyone watching and reading would know that...cos they would know you. We either believe Jesus was real like you and me and He is who He says He is, (He's still living like you and me, by the way), and is entitled to the same respect and dignity we afford ourselves or He is a fictional character and then yeah...write anything you want about Him then!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Eric it would be wonderful if you would post your study on it.

Constant and Snow I see no fingers pointed just sound honest discusion except for this random thought which is off topic of the original post anyway :whistling: How about we stick to the topic agreed?

I am glad that your faith is strong and this will not affect you personally. I do wonder tho if you think about its effect on those people who read it who do not know the Lord. What are your opinions on the effect of the book upon non believers?

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

Would I ever read the book or see the movie.......NO

Would I ever recommend or promote the book or movie......NO

Would I condemn anyone who chose to read the book or see the movie....NO

Would I condemn anyone who promoted the book and/or movie as a new view on Christianity......YES

I won't even bother putting the Holy Spirit within me through yet another disgusting, disrespectful, creation of Hollywood aimed at profiting off of the precious name of Christ.

Big names sell, our savior's is the biggest, but those who don't see the wolf beneath the sheep's clothing in this newest attempt at dirtying His name I am sad for.

As responsible Christians we have a duty to just make sure when confronted with "fans" of this trash, that we just make sure they are aware that it's fiction.

But judging anyone, much less judging someone for seeing a movie is not our right.

Just pray the movie bombs and goes away fast.

Peace to you all

in His service

-CC-

Guest jckduboise

What saddens me about this book is that there are people out there that believe the words in this book are true. And all of them who do believe it are not experiencing the reality of Christ and His gift to us through His life as a man, His crucifiction as the "King of the Jews" and His resurrection to grant us all our stays of execution for our sinful lives. How awful it is that a man took the honor of our Christ from him by painting this picture of Jesus and that satan has managed to use this book as yet another way to keep the blind and the deaf, blind and deaf. :whistling:

I too would not judge someone who reads this book or watches the movie. I for one have no desire to entertain this in anyway.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Here is where it is important for us to speak. This book/movie does lead people to believe a different gospel, a story about Jesus that isnt true. If 25% in France think that is true about Jesus, that is 25% of France who are lost and need Him. I know of people in the US who think the parts about Jesus in that book are true. Those people only know a false Jesus, not the Savior. If we speak the truth about Jesus, the truth that this movie/ book denies with a false version of Jesus, then we spread the seeds of the gospel. If one person comes to know Jesus and comes to repentence/ salvation from that, then we have done as He commanded. I feel it is important to speak out against this movie and book, to speak the truth about Jesus.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

If someone wanted to make a book or movie on my life then so be it. Free country and all. I love people's opinions. Now if this movie or book has falsness to it, well the poeple who know me would know the difference. The ones who didn't know me would form their own beleifs but I would hope that they would research me before they made their final opinion on me. Such as this book. ANy person who reads it and believes it is on them. They should educate themselves alittle better and go by that old saying "Don't beleive evrything you read."

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

ANy person who reads it and believes it is on them. They should educate themselves alittle better and go by that old saying "Don't beleive evrything you read."

That's a fine asessment and all but it negates the fact that we are the Body of Christ and share in His sufferings. He suffered not just for you and I but the whole entirety of Lost Humanity. If they hated Him? They will hate you, because you have the odor of Christ upon you. However in their hatred God was merciful.

He has commanded us to not hide whom we are and to Love our own flesh. To go forth into the world and make Disciples of all men. This heretical lie is dangerous to say the least. If your not personally convicted to not see it? So be it. I will continue to fight the good fight. I may even see it to learn the lie, knowing the Truth will expose it readily. I have already come into contact with one person who asked me, "Who are you to say that God didn't live from that ordeal and come down and have a wife"? With all sincerety the question was asked. :24: The Truth of the matter is that if he did? He isn't God at all but a liar. This leaves Him with no Auntority nor Power over hell and death. Definately not conquering your sins. ;) The lie is readily evident in the Light of the Truth.

I was reading just today that D.L. Moody was asked to allow a Biographer to pen his Biography prior to his death. He replied ,"No", "A man should not be written about while he was still living. What is important is how a man ends, not how he begins".

Lets finish this race and Preach this Gospel. For it is life to those whom are perishing. They are our own flesh. Hideth not yourself from them. :24:

Ge

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

My church will be having a simulcast about the movie and I intend to view it. This is a time when people may be asking us questions and even insulting our faith, but we must choose to give a gentle and truthful response to the best of our ability.

This article is great:

http://answers.org/issues/davincicode.html

Guest jckduboise
Grace to you,

ANy person who reads it and believes it is on them. They should educate themselves alittle better and go by that old saying "Don't beleive evrything you read."

That's a fine asessment and all but it negates the fact that we are the Body of Christ and share in His sufferings. He suffered not just for you and I but the whole entirety of Lost Humanity. If they hated Him? They will hate you, because you have the odor of Christ upon you. However in their hatred God was merciful.

He has commanded us to not hide whom we are and to Love our own flesh. To go forth into the world and make Disciples of all men. This heretical lie is dangerous to say the least. If your not personally convicted to not see it? So be it. I will continue to fight the good fight. I may even see it to learn the lie, knowing the Truth will expose it readily. I have already come into contact with one person who asked me, "Who are you to say that God didn't live from that ordeal and come down and have a wife"? With all sincerety the question was asked. :blink: The Truth of the matter is that if he did? He isn't God at all but a liar. This leaves Him with no Auntority nor Power over hell and death. Definately not conquering your sins. ;) The lie is readily evident in the Light of the Truth.

I was reading just today that D.L. Moody was asked to allow a Biographer to pen his Biography prior to his death. He replied ,"No", "A man should not be written about while he was still living. What is important is how a man ends, not how he begins".

Lets finish this race and Preach this Gospel. For it is life to those whom are perishing. They are our own flesh. Hideth not yourself from them. :wub:

Ge