• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

OOh Ohh me me :emot-highfive: ....I know......................................................................... It means....that humility is inevitable......those that put them selves first...shall be humbled.....and those that were cast away, of men, for thier sins....shall see thier "extra" burden lifted...that "extra" burden to be answered and accounted for...by those who place it on thier backs........................there is therefore no condemnation in christ.......the one man beat on his chest and said....god I am unworthy.....while the other that sat across from him said....thankyou god that I am not like this man over there.....and jesus said to them...which of these shall first see god....and they replied he that humbled himselm.......amen.....and so the last shall be first, and the first shall be last...and god will use the foolish, to confound the wise. :P

I not only got a big smile out of your approach to answering, "(OOh Ohh me me :thumbsup: ....I know)", I also wanted to say that that the answer was a very good one. :24:

Blessings to you brother

in His service

-CC-

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise

OOh Ohh me me :emot-highfive: ....I know......................................................................... It means....that humility is inevitable......those that put them selves first...shall be humbled.....and those that were cast away, of men, for thier sins....shall see thier "extra" burden lifted...that "extra" burden to be answered and accounted for...by those who place it on thier backs........................there is therefore no condemnation in christ.......the one man beat on his chest and said....god I am unworthy.....while the other that sat across from him said....thankyou god that I am not like this man over there.....and jesus said to them...which of these shall first see god....and they replied he that humbled himselm.......amen.....and so the last shall be first, and the first shall be last...and god will use the foolish, to confound the wise. :P

I not only got a big smile out of your approach to answering, "(OOh Ohh me me :thumbsup: ....I know)", I also wanted to say that that the answer was a very good one. :24:

Blessings to you brother

in His service

-CC-

lol....im a nut crusader lol.....ty so.....in further expoundation to this statement.."He has a double meaning for everything yet it ALL ties together."......yes i agree.....hence my fave all time scrip.......precept upon precept, line upon line.....here a little there a little...

Doesn't it just make you want to cry and shout for joy or what? :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

In God's coming Kingdom there will be leaders. Jesus is saying that in that Kingdom those who were first (most important) in this life will be last (least important) and those who were last (least important) will be first (most important. He could be talking about both His Millennial Kingdom and His eternal Kingdom.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Just food for thought: Since most professing Christians are more familiar with the new testament maybe it"s talking about the bible. I know that 's sad but true. With that being said, you can find Jesus in the Oldtestament you just have to look harder. Since the new is enfolded in The Old,and TheOld is revealed in The new just maybe the first last,and the new first what do you think? Love in Christ littlejoe

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I have found the answer. This comes from a very smart person in Bible verses.

It is a little clearer in modern English.

Quote:

28"There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."

He was speaking to such as the Pharisses.

It means there are leaders in this world that will end up in the Lake while those they led end up in Heaven.

It means there are those in this world who were leaders, people of power, people of importance and prestige who will end up the least of position, reward and so on in Heaven while many who were poor an disregarded on the earth will hold much higher positions in Heaven.

Gain on the earth is often based on family, money and strength. But in Heaven rewards are based on what you did for God according to his will.

:)

Guest jckduboise
Just food for thought: Since most professing Christians are more familiar with the new testament maybe it"s talking about the bible. I know that 's sad but true. With that being said, you can find Jesus in the Oldtestament you just have to look harder. Since the new is enfolded in The Old,and TheOld is revealed in The new just maybe the first last,and the new first what do you think? Love in Christ littlejoe

I do love the Old Testament it is wonderful.....I need a little clearer picture on what you are saying. Could you reword your question?

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Hello sister,

Luke 13:23-30

And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them,

Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.

And once the Master of the house has risen up and has shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us, and He shall answer and say to you, I do not know you; from where are you;

then you shall begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You have taught in our streets.

But He shall say, I tell you, I do not know you; from where you are. Depart from Me, all workers of unrighteousness!

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you will see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves being thrust out.

And they will come from the east and the west, and from the north and the south, and will recline in the kingdom of God.

And behold, there are last ones which will be first, and there are first ones which will be last.

Blessings to you

-CC-

If you read the beatitudes from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount I think you will discover exactly meant in His own words...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I do love the Old Testament it is wonderful.....I need a little clearer picture on what you are saying. Could you reword your question?

In The Old Testament sometimes Jesus can be found it types and shadows. Sometimes the Prophehts speak plainly about Him, In the newtestament we can see all that the prophets spoke about Jesus was fulfiiled in Him. I didn't mean to imply anything wrong about the Old testament,for me the bible is one complete book. All that I was saying for the most part I thought that many Christians know the New betterr than they do the Old. hope that helps Love in Christ littlejoe

Guest jckduboise

littlejoe,

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. There is something that Jesus conveyed to us on at least 2 separate occasions in the NT regarding the first last and the last first. I am trying to get other peoples takes on what that means.

Are you implying that NT people will be first and OT people will be last? :thumbsup: