• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1987

Now this is just hypothetical. Everyone that knows me knows that I believe Christianity is true and that Jesus was our savior. But I just got done watching the DaVinci Code and my friend was like "what would you do if Christianity actually was proven to be a hoax without a doubt?" It kind of got me thinking as to what I'd do and what other people would do. I personally wouldn't change a thing. Human beings need a god and it shows all throughout history. Every culture has a god or gods because spiritually humans can't live without it. Even if it was proven that Jesus was not the savior I think I'd still worship him and consider him my God. That's just how my mind works. What about everyone else?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/27/1986

Your hypothetical assumption crumbles the world of reason and logic. Without that which everything is founded upon where rests "proof"?

Faith is the evidence of things unseen.

Edited by AdamP

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

I'm sorry that even "hypothetically" you ponder this question.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Hi uvn,

This movie is fiction, which means it is NOT fact, obviously.

The thing is, that this fiction movie is a means to bring doubts of every sort into play.

The devil is having a playday with this.

We need to counter it with factual Historical Christ and true teaching.

May I ask, you why did you go see it?

I don't know why any Christian would see it.

I am not judging you, I just don't really see how nor why any Christian would see that since it is blasphemous to Christ.

I love Jesus and I know that He is factually GOD and that He truely lived historically and that He has proved Himself as Lord to me. People don't realise there were 61 prophecies filled by Christ to say Who He is and they are making up uninformed decisions. Even He told how he would die and what he would do afterward and what would happen to Isreal after His death. So mnay things! Alot even said by nonChristians of His time about Him. There is sooooo much evidence itis mind boggling!

People make a terrible mistake to suspend all rational thought when it comes to the Bible and Christ, because there is alot evidence and they are keeping ignorant of it willfully ignorant of God because they are in rebellion to God and do not want to know HE is God..

So, with this hypothetical question, I would say, that if Christ seemed to have been proven untrue, that it would be later found to be a mistake, that Jesus is True. So, no, firstly, ther are way too many things to prove it true that cannot be proven untrue and I would not believe it if isome part seemed untrue to me in any way now, after knowing the real truth of God in Christ. (there are sooo many things that prove it is true , it would take volumes to explain it) Even thinking like this is not upbuilding for Christians or anyone. Just because we can't always understand everything something, does not mean it is false.

I am happy you love Jesus and know He is God. But, I think we should be careful not to discourage or plant doubts in others who don't know HE is God, who don't know the Historography or Historicity of the Bible.

I hope that people will help others learn the real reliableness of the Bible.

Take Care,

elkie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Paul once pondered this question in one of his epistles. The conclusion he came to was that, if it were a hoax, then the life we lived for Christ was in vain. If Christianity was some elaborate hoax, then everything we have done has been worthless, plain and simple...because it lacks any real purpose.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I understand it is Hypothetical(sp) but i think i will simply respond with this,

Eternity is a long time to be wrong, Especially about Jesus

Unknown

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"what would you do if Christianity actually was proven to be a hoax without a doubt?" It kind of got me thinking as to what I'd do and what other people would do.

To me, that's like asking, "What would you do if you discovered your mother was an axe-murderer?" or something else wierd like that.

Some hypotheticals are just too "out there" to be worth contemplating.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

"what would you do if Christianity actually was proven to be a hoax without a doubt?" It kind of got me thinking as to what I'd do and what other people would do.

To me, that's like asking, "What would you do if you discovered your mother was an axe-murderer?" or something else wierd like that.

Some hypotheticals are just too "out there" to be worth contemplating.

Right on, sis! :thumbsup::noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1987

Someone once said to me that they would rather live there life as if there was a god, to find out there wasnt, than to live there life as if there was no god to then find out that there is

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Someone once said to me that they would rather live there life as if there was a god, to find out there wasnt, than to live there life as if there was no god to then find out that there is

Amen!!!! :thumbsup: