• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Another subject I can relate to, before I was saved I was a cutter, Now, what cutting is, I believe it is a demonic opression? yes, but lets look at it from science

when you get hurt, your body secretes a natural pain killer called an endorphin, ironicly, the same endorphin that is released during sex, Now, just as a sex addict is addicted to sex, someone can become addicted to cutting, it is a hard addiction, which is more that meets the eye, Pretty much, If someone is addicted to cutting, the pain they have is more intence, because they are used to numbing it with cutting, so when the endorphin affect it comes back in a deeper depression.

To break someone from cutting, NOw, thats a challange, You can talk to them, pray with them, And pray for them, The wearing black is part of the whole Goth trend, which is actualy them wearing what they feel inside with black clothing, what you find is most goths need acceptance, and attention, they feel alone, abandoned, which opens up doors for many of satans lies to fill their heads.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

What I have come to know about cutters is they are people who are dealing with emotional issues the only way the know how, inflict pain on themselves. Self hatred and self rejection manifested through their actions..They need the love of Christ shown to them and they need to know they are worthy of love by those who can reach them.

It is a unloving spirit (really) they recieved from early in life.. Jesus still sets the captives free!!!!! :emot-questioned:

I have a niece who has a 12 yr. old daughter who recently cut her arm many, many times. She is a product of a divorce since a small child. She listens to wrong music and reads about witches. She dresses in black and paints her nails black and wears very dark lipstick and is into Gothic. How can we approach her to get her out of this direction?

Thanks.

Pam

Some people cut their body because they hate themselves. Others do it because of the rush of endorphins.

Some people cut because it's something they can do to their body that only they have control over... They can control how deeply and how much they are hurt.

Some people cut because they have been hurt for expressing anger, frustration, etc. in positive ways... It's a way of releasing emotions...

Some people cut out of curiosity. They have heard about it, or seen someone else do it, and want to see what it's like.

Some people cut to get attention. They want others to comfort them and to see that they have needs that aren't being met.

Some people cut to divert their attention away from trauma in their life, either trauma that is still going on, or the dealing of trauma that is in the past. It can be easier to "create" a problem that consumes you, than to deal with the real problems in your life.

Some people cut because they hate their bodies. They believe their body has betrayed them, or that it's ugly.

Some people cut because they feel dead inside. They want to see their blood and know that something inside of them is still alive.

Some people cut to validate their emotional pain. They can look at their arm full of cuts and know that the pain isn't just all made up their head. It's real.

Some people cut so they can cry. They have trouble crying about their problems, because to cry would be to acknowledge that the problems exist. They can cry when they cut and it hurts, because crying when you're physically hurting seems more normal and less horrifying than crying over their other problems.

If you want to help someone stop cutting, you need to find out why they are cutting, and then help them understand a different way to deal with that. Until they can deal with the root issue in another way, they will just keep going back to the cutting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

You know that cutting is mentioned in the bible? I was shocked when I saw this.

Mark 5

1 And they came over to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.

2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately a man with unclean spirits met Him out of the tombs,

3 who had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one could bind him, no, not with chains

4 because he had often been bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him, and the fetters broken in pieces. Nor could anyone subdue him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying and cutting himself with stones.

6 And when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshiped Him,

7 and cried with a loud voice, and said, What is to me and to You, Jesus, son of the Most High God? I adjure You by God not to torment me.

8 For He said to him, Come out of the man, unclean spirit!

9 And He asked him, What is your name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion, for we are many.

10 And he begged Him very much that He would not send them outside the country.

11 And a great herd of pigs was feeding near the mountains.

12 And all the demons begged Him, saying, Send us into the pigs, that we may enter into them.

13 And immediately Jesus allowed them. And the unclean spirits went out and entered into the pigs. And the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea (they were about two thousand), and were choked in the sea.

14 And the ones who fed the pigs fled and told it in the city and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.

15 And they came to Jesus and saw him who had been demon-possessed, and had the legion, sitting and clothed and right-minded, the one who had the legion. And they were afraid.

16 And those who had seen told them how it happened to the one who had been demon-possessed, and about the pigs.

17 And they began to beg Him to leave their borders.

18 And when He had come into the boat, the former demoniac begged Him that he might be with Him.

19 However Jesus did not allow him, but said to him, Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and has had mercy on you.

20 And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all marvelled.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Mark 5

1 And they came over to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.

2 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately a man with unclean spirits met Him out of the tombs,

3 who had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one could bind him, no, not with chains

4 because he had often been bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him, and the fetters broken in pieces. Nor could anyone subdue him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying and cutting himself with stones.

7 and cried with a loud voice, and said, What is to me and to You, Jesus, son of the Most High God? I adjure You by God not to torment me.

9 And He asked him, What is your name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion, for we are many.

12 And all the demons begged Him, saying, Send us into the pigs, that we may enter into them.

13 And immediately Jesus allowed them. And the unclean spirits went out and entered into the pigs. And the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea (they were about two thousand), and were choked in the sea.

14 And the ones who fed the pigs fled and told it in the city and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.

15 And they came to Jesus and saw him who had been demon-possessed, and had the legion, sitting and clothed and right-minded, the one who had the legion. And they were afraid.

16 And those who had seen told them how it happened to the one who had been demon-possessed, and about the pigs.

18 And when He had come into the boat, the former demoniac begged Him that he might be with Him.

19 However Jesus did not allow him, but said to him, Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and has had mercy on you.

20 And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all marvelled.

That is exactly what it is.. the same spirit I had in the drug realm that mimic paranoid schitzophrenia and my manifestation instead of cutting myself was sticking needles in my arms... IV drug user. I lived in the night heard voices and tried to commit suicde many times. That is the very scripture the Lord showed me where I had been. Also He sent me back to show "what great things the Lord has done"... AMEN!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Mark 5

That is exactly what it is.. the same spirit I had in the drug realm that mimic paranoid schitzophrenia and my manifestation instead of cutting myself was sticking needles in my arms... IV drug user. I lived in the night heard voices and tried to commit suicde many times. That is the very scripture the Lord showed me where I had been. Also He sent me back to show "what great things the Lord has done"... AMEN!

Amen! God bless you!

I was studying that very passage the other day!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I have a niece who has a 12 yr. old daughter who recently cut her arm many, many times. She is a product of a divorce since a small child. She listens to wrong music and reads about witches. She dresses in black and paints her nails black and wears very dark lipstick and is into Gothic. How can we approach her to get her out of this direction?

Thanks.

Pam

Some people cut their body because they hate themselves. Others do it because of the rush of endorphins.

Some people cut because it's something they can do to their body that only they have control over... They can control how deeply and how much they are hurt.

Some people cut because they have been hurt for expressing anger, frustration, etc. in positive ways... It's a way of releasing emotions...

Some people cut out of curiosity. They have heard about it, or seen someone else do it, and want to see what it's like.

Some people cut to get attention. They want others to comfort them and to see that they have needs that aren't being met.

Some people cut to divert their attention away from trauma in their life, either trauma that is still going on, or the dealing of trauma that is in the past. It can be easier to "create" a problem that consumes you, than to deal with the real problems in your life.

Some people cut because they hate their bodies. They believe their body has betrayed them, or that it's ugly.

Some people cut because they feel dead inside. They want to see their blood and know that something inside of them is still alive.

Some people cut to validate their emotional pain. They can look at their arm full of cuts and know that the pain isn't just all made up their head. It's real.

Some people cut so they can cry. They have trouble crying about their problems, because to cry would be to acknowledge that the problems exist. They can cry when they cut and it hurts, because crying when you're physically hurting seems more normal and less horrifying than crying over their other problems.

If you want to help someone stop cutting, you need to find out why they are cutting, and then help them understand a different way to deal with that. Until they can deal with the root issue in another way, they will just keep going back to the cutting.

It all depends on if you want to deal with cutting from a psychology standpoint or from a deliverance ministry standpoint. From a deliverance ministry standpoint, you can be effective in dealing with just the two categories. However, man's way of dealing with things is always much more complicated than God's. From the research I have seen on the subject, psychologists are very ineffective in dealing with true cutters. It all falls into the BDSM thing. The mind can be trained to deprive itsself from the behavior, but it can never overcome its desire for the behavior. Only the Holy Spirit can completely remove the desire. The world deals with things in the wrong way. Take alcoholics anonymous. The require the member say "I am an alcoholic." That is totally wrong from a Christian standpoint. I am a "new creature." The alcoholic died and was burried with Christ, the new man rose a "new man." He is no longer an alcoholic. He is a new creature. This new creature saying "my name is ....., and I am an alcoholic" would be a disgrace to the work of the Holy Spirit.

:24:

In the deliverance approach, you deal with the whole kit and kaboodle! Amen!

Thanks.

Pam

It all depends on if you want to deal with cutting from a psychology standpoint or from a deliverance ministry standpoint. From a deliverance ministry standpoint, you can be effective in dealing with just the two categories. However, man's way of dealing with things is always much more complicated than God's. From the research I have seen on the subject, psychologists are very ineffective in dealing with true cutters. It all falls into the BDSM thing. The mind can be trained to deprive itsself from the behavior, but it can never overcome its desire for the behavior. Only the Holy Spirit can completely remove the desire. The world deals with things in the wrong way. Take alcoholics anonymous. The require the member say "I am an alcoholic." That is totally wrong from a Christian standpoint. I am a "new creature." The alcoholic died and was burried with Christ, the new man rose a "new man." He is no longer an alcoholic. He is a new creature. This new creature saying "my name is ....., and I am an alcoholic" would be a disgrace to the work of the Holy Spirit.

:24:

In the deliverance approach, you deal with the whole kit and kaboodle! Amen!

Yes... Absolutely the Holy Spirit is the source of deliverence here. I did not intend to imply that He was not. I was merely saying how a friend or family member of someone who cuts could help that person.

And... Even if someone does give this area of their life over to the Lord, that does not mean that they won't feel tempted to still engage in that behaviour or that they won't want to grab it back from God. I think we have all probably given something over to the Lord and then wanted it back later on. Like with any other addiction, relapses can happen.

From what I have observed, someone would be less likely to want to engage in cutting if they dealt with the underlying issues that made them want to cut in the first place. Someone who is close to a cutter does not have the same powers as the Holy Spirit. And, that person should know that just telling the person to stop it or taking their knives away isn't going to work... What they can do is encourage the cutter to talk about what's really going on and to work through those things with the Lord's help.

In some cases, healing is instantaneous... In others, it is a process... And during the process, the Lord has lessons to teach us. Grief, for example, is not just something that goes away overnight. It is a process that, when you work through it with the Lord, you grow closer to Him and become stronger.

Guest truster

Reading this post has brought back memories of being tempted to cut myself when I was young, I was able to resist this but there were other temptations I was unable to resist and fell into sinful ways.

My heart goes out to all those who are slaves to sin and to Diabolos and pray the Lord Almighty would gather His children from this bondage.