IGNORED

Who saw God?

Guest danabayna

Guest danabayna

I guess this belongs here. I was wondering who was the guy who saw God. I don't remember much about it. I read the passage a while ago, but I remember it was like, he had to wait for God to pass him because he was so bright or something. I think it was like, a reward for something. I don't remember. Does anybody know who I am talking about?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Moses!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Moses!

1 timothy 6:16 -

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Exodus 33

17 So the Lord said to Moses, "I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name."

18 And he said, "Please, show me Your glory."

19 Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." 20 But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live." 21 And the Lord said, "Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but my face shall not be seen

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I guess this belongs here. I was wondering who was the guy who saw God. I don't remember much about it. I read the passage a while ago, but I remember it was like, he had to wait for God to pass him because he was so bright or something. I think it was like, a reward for something. I don't remember. Does anybody know who I am talking about?

Is this the one...?

Exodus 33: 17-23

17 The LORD said to Moses, "This request, too, which you have just made, I will carry out, because you have found favor with me and you are my intimate friend."

Then Moses said, "Do let me see your glory!"

He answered, "I will make all my beauty pass before you, and in your presence I will pronounce my name, 'LORD'; I who show favors to whom I will, I who grant mercy to whom I will.

But my face you cannot see, for no man sees me and still lives.

Here," continued the LORD, "is a place near me where you shall station yourself on the rock.

When my glory passes I will set you in the hollow of the rock and will cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

Then I will remove my hand, so that you may see my back; but my face is not to be seen."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Actually, a few people saw G-d and lived to tell about it, including Isaiah, who saw the Lord, high and lifted up and His train filled the Temple. Isa. 6

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well, if the question is meant to "Who saw Jesus", it is impossible to name all the names who saw God. But if the question is who saw Jesus after His ascencion, my answer is the Apostle Paul in Acts 9:3-7 and Stephan who was stoned in Acts. 7:56.

However, if the question is meant for the old testament people and if it is meant to be face-to-face, my answer is Jacob, Genesis 32:30

So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved.