IGNORED

The Television is Full of FILTH!.... what do you think?

Guest Ribado

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

One thing to remember, you have control over it :thumbsup: .

The TV may also be used to watch christian things, you have control over, it :b: .

V-Chip is a good alternative that is inployed in some of the newest tv's and some 3 year old tvs :wub: .

Also when I was in mexico for months, even though I had TV and cable, I learned that TV isn't neccesary to live with, as so as computer when my computer was bad for 3 months, and I spent 10 hours a day in computer, and didn't miss it at all, and now I only spend some 3 hours a day in PC and while I still have TV on most day day, I don't watch much and rather just hear :wub: .

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

I live in the south where we have some doozies of storms now and then. Well, we had one recently in which the lightening was often directly above our house. It was a little nerve racking! Anyway, it knocked out our tv antenae. At first, for a couple of days, I kept walking into the living room to turn on the t.v., forgetting that it didn't work. I have to admit, I missed watching the news, and Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, etc. But as the days have gone by, I have realized how nice it is now. I get so much done at home, I have even read some books, spent more time in contact with loved ones, etc. The days even seem to last longer than before, which is very nice. My time is well spent rather than wasted. I am actually enjoying not having a t.v. !

:thumbsup: I feel the same way about cable, I finally called up Time warner and cancelled the cable. Of course now I am always getting ads to come back. I have Sky Angel now, I have had it going on three years. Hallmark channel has some good movies, and then again you still have some movies on there are worldly. Too many commercials, I do enjoy the Bible studies on some stations. I do Listen to Liberty channel. Dr. Jack Van Impe. I enjoy my radio and music at times more than TV. Yes, Fox News is available now on Sky Angel, but you still have to pick and choose. I know that our redeemer lives, I keep looking up. TV is not the Apple pie it used to be. YSIC Littlelite.

I broke the habit of watching TV "just because" about 10 years ago and it bores me to tears now.

If there is a particular purpose....like getting more info on a certain news story or a particular sports game. (Cowboys & Mavericks!) then I'll turn it on.

But watching TV is for people who have nothing better to do. Is that you?

Don't let society convince you that it's necessary to know the latest American idols. It is sucking time and life out of you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi,

I must agree alot of what is on tv nowadays is just pollution!

Yet we do have control over what our children watch, I take

full advantage of the tv control that allows me to block channels

unsuiteable for my children and even then I check on what they

are viewing just in case the rating of the show is not accurate!

God Bless!

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I'm appauled at what I find my two little boys watching on television. I use internet filtering software but I dont have any control over the television. Does anybody else think there is a probably when it comes to tv and children?

Sex sells and it seems that is all that is cared about when people make tv shows/movies. I get disturbed when I am watching a movie and all of a sudden WHAM, naked sex scenes that really have nothing to do with the movie.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I'm appauled at what I find my two little boys watching on television. I use internet filtering software but I dont have any control over the television. Does anybody else think there is a probably when it comes to tv and children?

Sex sells and it seems that is all that is cared about when people make tv shows/movies. I get disturbed when I am watching a movie and all of a sudden WHAM, naked sex scenes that really have nothing to do with the movie.

Agree with you.

Movies with no real good story lines, in which some of the characters have sex, the movie will sell and be a hit even though it has a dumb movie plot.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

They may rate the shows that are on, but as far as I know, they do not rate the commercials. Even the kid's channels have commercials with sexual innuendo and if you go to PBS, it's all anti Christian, pro humanist programming. Yod was correct about it being nothing but a time waster. Surely we can find better things to do with our brains. Our children deserve better than that. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Television is like anything else. It has good and bad. It is up to us to decide which is which and alter our viewing accordingly

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

It is not just a problem for children, either. As adults, we often assume that we are mature enough to "handle" some degree of garbagio. However, "handling" it is not the issue... The Bible calls us to do everything as unto the Lord, remembering that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and EVERY thought should be brought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

"I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me." (Psalm 101:3)

I am definitely preaching at myself here, as I have been dealing with ditching the wickedness and vanity (= worthlessness) in order to utilize my time better for Christ myself.

Don't get me wrong, though. TV can be useful when used in right fashions, such as gaining knowledge or even "recharging your battery" (resting). But, whenever we use it or do anything, the ultimate motive should be love for Christ, which precludes wickedness and vanity.

The verse I saw that showed me that worthlessness in TV should be avoided as much as wickedness is Psalm 119:37, which says:

"Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken Thou me in Thy way."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

I am not going to lie, I get so bored without the TV.

I am sick of TV, but at the same I grew up in front of it. I have gone to extremes and put my tread mill in front of it, and my excersise weights ect.

I do all I ever do with the dumb TV on.

I need to go to one of those support groups for TV addicts. lol

I guess you could say the same for the dumb computer too.

ITs a sad day when I say this you all. But its the truth!!

THis thread opens my eyes, to what I need to do, and I Mean REALLY DO IT.

TURN OFF THE TV.

Put a tarp over it and let it rot under there. I am a TV addict.!!