Christ's Free Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I appreciate your comments. God can speak to us in many ways, you know. The Bible talks about how he will speak through signs and wonders. I believe this was a sign from God. I don't believe that every tree that falls is a sign from God, but God spoke to me through this. Remember in the Bible he even spoke through a donkey.

What about this verse:

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.--Heb. 1:1, 2

True, and God indeed has spoken to us through his Son, but those verses never say God will never raise up last days prophets. On the contrary, Acts 2:17,18 says,

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

18 And on my servants and on my handmaindens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

I think that God the Fathers sons and daughters in these last days will speak forth the true words of prophecy without wavering and it will be backed up by His Holy Word as the Revelation of Jesus Christ has already been given and we must be careful to part from it. The old testament prophets and the new testament prophet go hand in hand and the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets for their are no new revelations only the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

By the way, what is your take on the Twin Towers and 9-11? Do you think it was God trying to get our attention or just something that happened, like where the Bible speaks of it raining on the just and the unjust alike?

I think just about everything in creation is supposed to serve the purpose of drawing our attention to God.

When terrible tragedies befell in Jesus' day, He used them to get people's attention:

Lu 13:1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

(KJV)

I also agree that natural disasters we're seeing may well prove to be precursors to the tribulation... birth pangs, as it were. :o

I am also going to add these scriptures for your consideration. 1 Corinthians 12:27-31

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily PROPHETS, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healings? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Before somebody side-tracks things and says, yea, but Paul spoke of a more excellent way. Yes he did, and I am not discounting that charity (love) is greater than these things he mentioned, but at the same time, neither does it do away with their validity.

All the gifts have to operate in a biblical manner many of the gifts are not be used properly and the word says plainly regarding the prophets that their spirits are "SUBJECT" unto the prophets and those who hear will judge it by the word of God to see if it be so or not. We cannot prophesy apart from the word of God for that is error as I am speaking in direct to the judgments.

Jesus said He would send the Comforter back to us the Spirit of Truth and that the Spirit would lead guide and direct us into all truth well that truth is Jesus Christ and He is the Revelation. blessings

OC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Are all prophesys judgements, or are some warnings. I recall Jonah giving the ninevites a warning. I would think a warning could come to God's children through God's children as easily as a judgement. I believe all things happen for a reason and God's hand is on everything. You would be wise not to scoff at people who bring you these messages unless they are blatently unscriptural. IMHO :o

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

And in the book of Job Satan had power over the weather and brought destruction on what Job had.

Please keep in mind that, though Satan did the afflicting, he had to get God's permission first. God had a purpose, which culminated in God being glorified, Job being strengthened in his faith, and Job having seven times as much as what Satan was allowed to destroy.

Romans 8:28 says that all things work together for good to them that love God... that means that even the "bad" things that happen, though God does not directly do them to us, are part of God's plan.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

OC,

There were two trees in the passage, because there were two powers that God was speaking against. The principle of the passage is that the mention of trees provides figurative language to describe the pride, arrogance and power of nations. Actually, three trees are mentioned in the text - pine, oak and cedar, and there were three countries, Bashan, Lebanon and Jordan, so one tree per country, perhaps.

So, just because the passage uses more than one tree to describe more than one country, that does not mean that there should be more than one tree, especially since what the Lord was showing me was the fall of one power. Since I was not literally interpreting the scripture, but rather was gaining a principle from it, which applies, I don't see that there is an issue here. The principle is a tree represents power, pride and arrogance of a nation and the falling of the tree thus represents that the pride of this nation will fall.

Sue, I see your heart. know that there are many who are hearing the same things that you are.

You are a watchman on the wall, keep seeking His face. :o

Thanks, Jamie! I appreciate your heart, too!! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. You be encouraged, too!

yes CFS God can speak to us in many different ways but it will always be backed up in his word. The word speaks to us in how that he is not speaking to us in signs anymore in this way for the prophet Jonah was the last sign that was given... And I believe God can use anybody to speak if he can use a donkey surely he can use you and I.

christ free servant,

i hope you don't have any trees in your yard that topples over during a storm it could be a sign towards you. i think you are misrepresenting the scriptures and the tree falling.

OC

In addition to this christ free servant

if you want to warn America to wake then hearld this gospel message from the pages of God's word

I notice you only say it was "ONE" tree that fell but the scriptures you use to back up what you are thinking does not fit what you saw. The scripture in Zechariah chapter 11 talks about the PRIDE of TWO trees. So how do you rectify all of this you have said thus far when it was only ONE tree that fell.

OC

OC,

There were two trees in the passage, because there were two powers that God was speaking against. The principle of the passage is that the mention of trees provides figurative language to describe the pride, arrogance and power of nations. Actually, three trees are mentioned in the text - pine, oak and cedar, and there were three countries, Bashan, Lebanon and Jordan, so one tree per country, perhaps.

So, just because the passage uses more than one tree to describe more than one country, that does not mean that there should be more than one tree, especially since what the Lord was showing me was the fall of one power. Since I was not literally interpreting the scripture, but rather was gaining a principle from it, which applies, I don't see that there is an issue here. The principle is a tree represents power, pride and arrogance of a nation and the falling of the tree thus represents that the pride of this nation will fall.

Well I see this prophecy of yours is all based on a "perhaps" as you have said above-- "so one tree per country, perhaps"-- well that don't sound so sure to me and it let's me know even you yourself are not sure but we shall see. Also trees in scriptures represents more than just a nation but several things.

OC

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Rather than just continuing with giving my opinion, I want to give some scriptural support to my claims. Matthew 24:3-8

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in diverse places.

8 ALL THESE ARE THE BEGINNING OF SORROWS.

This is not the great tribulation period itself, but a list of events Jesus said will lead up to the great tribulation. This is the time period I believe we are living in, and when I see all the strange weather, the earthquakes, the fires, the strange diseases, terrorist attacks, and see war and fighting all over the place, I am relating it to the words of Christ. If others wish to scoff at that, it is fine with me, but why would he say it if he didn't want us to watch for it?

My understanding is that Matthew 24 is in fact the Tribulation period, not today. What our Lord talks of in the Olivette Discourse harmonizes with Daniel's 70th Week and Rev. 4 to 21.

I also would say that there are no direct judgments of G-d occurring today, as this is Age of Grace, where His wrath is being held back or stored up. The Day of the Lord or the Day of Wrath is yet to come.

And, yes, in the OT we do see demonstrations of G-d's direct judgment on Israel and other nations as well. The Age of Grace began at the Cross and continues until the unvieling of the man of sin, the Antichrist.