Mark777

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

st. Worm: "There have been numerous instances of name calling directed at me but apparently you have no problem with that."

Mark777: I have a hard time with that statement seeing it is from a person that I have to refer to as a worm!! :D

OK, all you authority lovers!! I will keep my criticisms to myself - lock away!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397

Ovedya,

Christ wasn't always friendly. Maybe the moderators could fashion a whip and beat some sense into the insulters. It just might work. I think a discussion forum needs to be as open as possible for the discussion to be a honest one. A possibility could be that you edit the offender's post and warn them that banning could be possible. Germanjoy's comments were hardly insulting and while st. worm is a master at "the phrase" I am sure if properly dealt with he would tone it down. I also think that a thread with a problem should be looked at for content before it is shut down. If it is just some baseless pointless thing then maybe lock it. but if a good discussion is being had and the participants are getting out of hand - maybe locking it isn't the way to go. Being Christ friendly might involve being a little patient and fatherly in rebuke.

Mark

Hello,

In the closed-thread, "knowing God through his spirit" I had thought maybe it was because I brought up something that was off-topic. But if it was locked because of the on-going assault between St. Worm and his contenders then I agree with you.

The parable mentioned by Germanjoy is an important thing to discuss. Also honestly and truthfully, I don't see any name-calling and accusations except from St. Worm.

That's because you are blind and refuse to see the truth. There have been numerous instances of name calling directed at me but apparently you have no problem with that.

sw

I didn't really read through the entire thread but I did read your exchange with Germanjoy which subsequently locked the thread. You attacked Germanjoy and not the points she made in scripture...particularly the parable of the ten virgins. You don't prove how those points are wrong...you only say the person is wrong. You resort to an ad-hominem -marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made. This seems to be the case in all your responses to anyone.

For instance, you had just said I was "blind and refuse to see the truth". You may say that there have been numerous instances of name calling directed at you but what can you possibly say when the most numerous instances of name calling is coming FROM you? That is why I have no problem with that. What do you expect from people if you keep name-calling or resorting to ad-hominems?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

felix quote:

"I didn't really read through the entire thread but I did read your exchange with Germanjoy which subsequently locked the thread. You attacked Germanjoy and not the points she made in scripture...particularly the parable of the ten virgins."

I clearly pointed out how her interpretation was in error. If you did not see that I really don't know what to tell you. To say I merely attacked her and not the points is very dishonest for such a spirit filled fellow like yourself.

sw

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416

Who cares about all this crap!! Lets talk about all things God. There isn't enough time in life to cover it all and this stuff is a waste. EGO EGO EGO!!! Be the first to stop it or ignore mean spirited stuff.

I am going to step up and try to start a trend - here goes - I am not important enough to treat others badly. I may disagree with them - I may get hacked off - I may debate until I am blue in the face - but I will not personally offend my brother or sister in Christ.

What we should go back to is the point where germanjoy and st. worm left off but without the meanness.

Mark

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Who cares about all this crap!! Lets talk about all things God. There isn't enough time in life to cover it all and this stuff is a waste. EGO EGO EGO!!! Be the first to stop it or ignore mean spirited stuff.

I am going to step up and try to start a trend - here goes - I am not important enough to treat others badly. I may disagree with them - I may get hacked off - I may debate until I am blue in the face - but I will not personally offend my brother or sister in Christ.

Mark

Amen.

This has been going on all day and it's really getting old. Even though many of us aren't posting, we still enjoy reading along and like I said.......this is getting old.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

To our moderators,

I also believe you are doing a WONDERFUL job of keeping things on track here at Worthy.

You are right that when the egos take over and our demeanor becomes rude in trying to make ones point, it's time to ring the bell and let cooler heads prevail.

A new day and fresh perspective (not to mention prayer on the issue) can allow one to come back to the topic with more understanding and compassion. And if a new thread needs to be started what's the big deal? If it's that important to the one trying to drive their point home they can just start a new one.

So again mods

My thanks to you for being there :b:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397

St. Worm,

I actually didn't see that you had mentioned my name in the thread "Knowing God through his Spirit" where you say I become "nasty when cornered" and that I name-call. That's blatantly false. The name-calling part for sure is false.

Now before you all go "not this again", it's not about driving home a point or being egotistical. This is not directed to anyone else; this is to let you all know where I am coming from. If I disagree don't take it as if I'm being nasty or mean. If these things come down as too cold and hard then I'm sorry. But admonishment, from me at least, has no partiality and no favorites. Friend or Foe, acquaintance or stranger...I try to speak the same to everyone. I at least get my message across whether it's positive or negative.

I am zealous for justice and righteousness. I am eager for truth. If I am wrong, I am quick to acknowledge that and embrace the truth. If I believe someone is wrong I am quick to correct. There should be no pride in these things, it should just be for the defending of the truth as there is always a war going on where Satan is sowing weeds with the wheat. Don't take anything I say as some nasty or bitter attack at anyone. I speak the same to everyone. I may mistakenly not show compassion or patience when needed however; this is something I need to work on. But anyways, I wanted to make that clear.

I know I can never be right all the time as I make a lot of mistakes. No one can always be right. So what it comes down to is not about being right but about being able to accept when we are wrong. Whether we admit our error publicly or not, deep in our heart we need to know the truth. It would actually go better for you if you did admit your error to another member. God exalts humility. But at the very least admit it to yourself.

moderators,

I understand the burdens you have to bear though I don't share them with you. We know we can give these to Jesus and He will be the true moderator. I hope the Lord can show you all the great blessings in watching over this board. I know that it's probably a harder task to watch the over-zealous bunch (maybe like me) but much grace and strength to you all.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

St. Worm,

I actually didn't see that you had mentioned my name in the thread "Knowing God through his Spirit" where you say I become "nasty when cornered" and that I name-call. That's blatantly false. The name-calling part for sure is false.

Now before you all go "not this again", it's not about driving home a point or being egotistical. This is not directed to anyone else; this is to let you all know where I am coming from. If I disagree don't take it as if I'm being nasty or mean. If these things come down as too cold and hard then I'm sorry. But admonishment, from me at least, has no partiality and no favorites. Friend or Foe, acquaintance or stranger...I try to speak the same to everyone. I at least get my message across whether it's positive or negative.

I am zealous for justice and righteousness. I am eager for truth. If I am wrong, I am quick to acknowledge that and embrace the truth. If I believe someone is wrong I am quick to correct. There should be no pride in these things, it should just be for the defending of the truth as there is always a war going on where Satan is sowing weeds with the wheat. Don't take anything I say as some nasty or bitter attack at anyone. I speak the same to everyone. I may mistakenly not show compassion or patience when needed however; this is something I need to work on. But anyways, I wanted to make that clear.

I know I can never be right all the time as I make a lot of mistakes. No one can always be right. So what it comes down to is not about being right but about being able to accept when we are wrong. Whether we admit our error publicly or not, deep in our heart we need to know the truth. It would actually go better for you if you did admit your error to another member. God exalts humility. But at the very least admit it to yourself.

moderators,

I understand the burdens you have to bear though I don't share them with you. We know we can give these to Jesus and He will be the true moderator. I hope the Lord can show you all the great blessings in watching over this board. I know that it's probably a harder task to watch the over-zealous bunch (maybe like me) but much grace and strength to you all.

felix, below are your words in the thread where I thought you exhibited some not so subtle name calling and meanness when you implied that EricH and others who do not agree with you are pharisees. You seem to have trouble seeing your own sins but easily finding them in others.

sw

from felix:

Hello,

The pharisees and scribes knew the scriptures very well but they did not know Jesus Christ. Can you explain how "the understanding of inspiration as stated above is not correct from a biblical perspective"? I do know 2 Timothy 3:16 but I do not believe this is talking about every word being inspired...

2 Timothy 3:16

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

However, this is not every single word individually...it is "scripture". If every word in and of itself is the inspiration then what about all the other langauges of the world? The hebrew and greek are translated into many langauges. If every word was inspired then the original inspiration of each word cannot be correctly conveyed in all these languages.

I would strongly disagree with this classic understanding of inspiration that you are refering to. I speak mandarin Chinese at home and the same versions of bible in English and Chinese have totally different word structures and syntax. There is no way to convey the same original "inspiration" of each individual word of the scriptures. I think anyone who translates or is bilingual can understand this. Yet in Chinese or English...the same scriptures in any translation is ultimately what the Lord teaches me and what I store in my heart. Sometimes the Lord leads me to read a verse in one translation and then in another. The Holy Spirit is the teacher.

With this in mind, I would like re-emphasize the dialogue of Sadhu Singh from above. The bolded parts are what I comment on which is italicized.

God the Spirit is the true author of the Bible, but

this does not mean that every word, taken on its own (many words have different translations in different languages so words taken on its own is not necessarily inspired like the words "the", "of", and even some nouns/verbs in English cannot possibly be translated word by word in different languages),

is holy or inspired. It is not the words in themselves,

but rather the meaning that is inspired. The language

used by those who wrote the books of the Bible was

the language of everyday (I believe we can examine this if we talk to a greek linguist who knows the history of the greek language), not the language of spirit.

Only when we make direct contact with the author,

that is, with God the Spirit, can the meaning become

clear.(in my experience, when I have prayed over a verse has God revealed many things to me) Just as many do not understand the Master, so

too, they can not understand his words. (this is true of the pharisees and scribes recorded in the gospels...there are still modern-day "phariseess" and "scribes" in the Church today who know the scriptures but do not know Jesus Christ)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Bravo! Well spoken. :whistling: