• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/16/1990

Recently I have had two dreams/revelations which I pertain to coming events. I am not sure if they are from God, from the Deciever, or just my imagination.

1. The first one happened last week, maybe Wednesday. I was just waking up, and it being summer vacation for me I was in no hurry. Suddenly I heard a voice in my head. I cannot remember the exact conversation, but I do remember the general flow. It said: "I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?" I said "Bad." Then it said: "You will not go to Mexico." (I am going there for a missions trip August 12) Then it said: "But, the Rapture will be soon." There are a few problems I have with each supposed source. I will start with why it could not be from Satan: It was in my head, he could not see inside to know my response, which news I wanted first. Now the reason why it might not be from God is kind of pitiful, just that the word Rapture seems like one that Him or a messenger would not use. However, it did not seem odd at the time. Why might it not be just my imagination? It was VERY clear. Much too clear for me at that time of morning. And things keep drawing my attention back to it, so that I remember it.

If I go to Mexico I will know that it is my imagination, or the Devil had a lucky guess. Something will not let me forget about it, however, so I thought it best to throw it out here.

2. The second one was a dream, probably just a dream, but I woke up praying that it wouldn't happen, so better safe than sorry. In my dream most of it was irrelevent, but I will get to the important part, so bear with me. If you want, jump to the next paragraph. At the beginning, my Mom was putting sunscreen on my Dad, and people were saying things like "ewww" and stuff, because my father in a bathing suit is not something you would go out of your way to see. (He is not bad enough to warrant "ewwws" though IMO.) Then he walked off to a space shuttle. It took off, and we watched it go out of sight. We were then attacked by spaceships from Freelancer (a computer game, here is that irrelevant I was talking about :b: BTW, it was just a strafing run).

We started to walk away, and then heard a large bang, like an explosion, and a large shuttle part landed on a roof beside me. It was at this time I woke up and prayed that this would not happen.

Does anyone know when the next shuttle launch will be? I know there just was one, but have they gotten back yet?

Also, I am young, and I was just wondering the order of a verse. Is it "Your young men will dream dreams, and your old men will have visions" or the other way around? I always get that mixed up.

Comments would be appreciated.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise
Recently I have had two dreams/revelations which I pertain to coming events. I am not sure if they are from God, from the Deciever, or just my imagination.

1. The first one happened last week, maybe Wednesday. I was just waking up, and it being summer vacation for me I was in no hurry. Suddenly I heard a voice in my head. I cannot remember the exact conversation, but I do remember the general flow. It said: "I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?" I said "Bad." Then it said: "You will not go to Mexico." (I am going there for a missions trip August 12) Then it said: "But, the Rapture will be soon." There are a few problems I have with each supposed source. I will start with why it could not be from Satan: It was in my head, he could not see inside to know my response, which news I wanted first. Now the reason why it might not be from God is kind of pitiful, just that the word Rapture seems like one that Him or a messenger would not use. However, it did not seem odd at the time. Why might it not be just my imagination? It was VERY clear. Much too clear for me at that time of morning. And things keep drawing my attention back to it, so that I remember it.

If I go to Mexico I will know that it is my imagination, or the Devil had a lucky guess. Something will not let me forget about it, however, so I thought it best to throw it out here.

2. The second one was a dream, probably just a dream, but I woke up praying that it wouldn't happen, so better safe than sorry. In my dream most of it was irrelevent, but I will get to the important part, so bear with me. If you want, jump to the next paragraph. At the beginning, my Mom was putting sunscreen on my Dad, and people were saying things like "ewww" and stuff, because my father in a bathing suit is not something you would go out of your way to see. (He is not bad enough to warrant "ewwws" though IMO.) Then he walked off to a space shuttle. It took off, and we watched it go out of sight. We were then attacked by spaceships from Freelancer (a computer game, here is that irrelevant I was talking about :b: BTW, it was just a strafing run).

We started to walk away, and then heard a large bang, like an explosion, and a large shuttle part landed on a roof beside me. It was at this time I woke up and prayed that this would not happen.

Does anyone know when the next shuttle launch will be? I know there just was one, but have they gotten back yet?

Also, I am young, and I was just wondering the order of a verse. Is it "Your young men will dream dreams, and your old men will have visions" or the other way around? I always get that mixed up.

I have a difficult time with believing that satan does not have the ability to read our minds and know what our responses could be. not sure that either of these are actually from God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Bob,

I don't think another person can give an exact interpretation of your dreams unless someone with a gift of interpretation is given a revelation from God as to the interpretation, if there is to be one. I would pray and ask the Lord to give you discernment about this. Whenever I have a dream or vision from the Lord, I always pray and ask him to show me what it means. Sometimes he doesn't tell me anything other than it is symbolic, which I'm beginning just now to understand. Sometimes he gives me an immediate understanding through his word. Always go to God's word. And, I don't mean random flipping through pages or manipulative ponderings by going to a verse you know is going to support a certain theology. I read through the Bible in context over and over again, not always book by book order, but I try to read all the way through a book before going to another. I pickup each day where I left off from the day before, so there is absolutely no manipulation on my part. There have even been times when I knew what passage was coming next and so I would purposefully go to the Psalms or something so there would be no danger of me reading into a passage my own thoughts. Or, if the dream was about "judgment," I would switch to a NT book if I was reading in the OT so as not to read "judgment" into something that was not meant to be that.

In John 10 the word states that Jesus' sheep know his voice, they listen, and they follow him. If you are not regular in your times with the Lord, I would begin by spending time reading (in context) a chapter or so a day from the Bible, asking the Lord to reveal himself and his truths to you. Over time you will learn his voice speaking to you, and he will let you know what he wants you to know. If you are already consistent in your times with him and you have an intimate relationship with him, then you already know what I'm talking about. You already know how to know his voice. Then, just pray and ask him to show you what the dreams mean if there is a meaning to be found in them. Remember that most dreams are symbolic. I'm just understanding how God is using dreams about my family members to represent a greater picture than just my family, but the family of God - it is his way of helping me to understand and his way to get me to be compassionate about his church, just like he had that prophet in the OT marry an adulterous woman so that he could see in real life what God felt like when the Israelites were living in open adultery in their relationship with the Lord.

Dreams are kind of God's story pictures to us, but we do have to be discerning, and we also can not take every man's interpretation as "thus saith the Lord." If the Lord is in this, he will reveal himself in other ways to you other than the dreams that will either confirm or deny what the dreams were about. The Bible states that the Lord confides in those who fear him and he speaks to us in dreams and visions in the night. I think he does this sometimes because we are so distracted by so many other things during the day, but we should never take a dream or a vision as our final or only word from God. Always seek his face and ask him to show you his will through his revealed word in the Bible.

Your dreams do sound as though God is getting you ready for his return, so if I were you, I would ask him to show you what it is that he wants you to be doing from now until then. He may have something he wants you to do that you are not presently doing, which is why he said (if it was him) that you are not going to Mexico but that the rapture is soon. This could be real or it could be that it is symbolic of a change in ministry for you, so seek God's face in prayer and in the word and he will direct your path.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

John 14:4--

greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Satan isn't even in the same league as G-d, so I doubt very much he can "read our minds." I think Scripture bears that out. We need to be careful lest we endow Satan with the same powers as Almighty G-d. He has none of the "Omnis" we attribute to G-d, so Satan is not omniscient, ominpresent, omnipotent.

Guest ravendove62

Young men will have visions...old men will dream.....

We should always know our Father's ways and His voice....there will be peace in our inner man....

As you mature in Christ all of these things will get somewhat easier.

Be Blessed

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I dunno'; maybe lay off the anchovey, jalepeno and onion pizzas before bedtime???? :b:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/08/1962

I dunno'; maybe lay off the anchovey, jalepeno and onion pizzas before bedtime???? :b:

I concur.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sometimes, all you can do is pray, "Lord, if this is of you bless it; if it is of Satan rebuke it; if it is my own immaginations take control of it."

The shuttle is still up there, as far as I know. I don't know when the next launch date is; it will most likely be a while.

Joel 2:28 - "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.

Acts 2:17 - 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

I guess both! :b:

Guest jckduboise
John 14:4--

greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Satan isn't even in the same league as G-d, so I doubt very much he can "read our minds." I think Scripture bears that out. We need to be careful lest we endow Satan with the same powers as Almighty G-d. He has none of the "Omnis" we attribute to G-d, so Satan is not omniscient, ominpresent, omnipotent.

So please, Marnie tell me the scriptures so that I can see where we know for sure that satan does not have the ability to be in our heads. This is a sincere request, I need to read this because I have been informed otherwise. And for the record I do NOT endow satan with the same powers as Almighty God....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/16/1990

Thanks everyone for your prompt replies. If the discussion about whether Satan can read our minds or not continues, maybe it should be made into a new thread so that more people see it. (By the way, I say he can't because he is not omnipotent.)

Christ's Free Servant, thanks for the advice, I'm certainly not doing what God wants me to (just sitting around playing the computer) So, even if this is just my imagination or a deception, God turned some good out of it by making me shape up.