hopedancer92

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Makes me want to dance and I am doing just that! Whatever we do... we should be doing it for the Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I agree that a church is not a dance hall or a bar, but church, the building, is a place to worship and praise the Lord. Dancing and singing are ways to accomplish that. A few are mentioned in the Word of God... Miriam and David are just two that come to mind.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Floating axe.... then your pastor has no idea what he is talking about and he is inviting a major problem into his church. He is not wise either in such a choice.

I have heard Zoegirl... first hand... a CD was given to me thinking they were doing a good thing.... no way. It is harder rock than most secular music.

You must be just a bunch of teenagers that are replying to this topic.

Kids, you just don't get it do you?

Doing this kind of stuff in church would be sin.

I admit, I am only just out of my teens but we get A LOT more than you are given us credit for. If you think Zoegirl is rock at all, hard or otherwise, and harder than most secular music you clearly know a lot less about music than you are trying to make us believe. Zoegirl are NOT rock in any way, shape or form and it is quite frankly laughable that you would describe them as such.

I have heard Zoegirl... first hand... a CD was given to me thinking they were doing a good thing.... no way. It is harder rock than most secular music.

No - Kutless, Audio Adrenaline, Reliant K, Third Day - are rock.

Zoegirl is pop/dance.

It's a completely different style of music.

You may have problems with pop/dance, but please call it what it is. Thank-you.

Agreed!

And before anyone starts to say how evil rock music is, Kutless are one of the most God filled, passionate bands I have ever heard and each time I listen to their album, I can feel God moving in it. I have never had the same feeling with any other Christian music, especially pop.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Just be sure you are dancing to the right tune.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, I have heard Zoegirl.... its Britney spears makeover... it is very hard rock and while she has only one song I would consider listening to IN MY CAR only as ENTERTAINMENT, she would not be allowed in the true church where the Lord is worshipped. This kind of music also is accompanied by dance that is no where near holy. Very worldly, sensual, etc. Her music does not belong in the church.... MercyMe is the same way. I would not play one song in the church. The way that they play it is disrespectful to the Lord Jesus Christ who suffered and died for you.

The dance of the Old Testament is no where near what people do today in church and outside church.

The music and drums and other instruments listed were played in a different manner than today.

If one is even arguing about this, trying to force it into the church, check your own heart.... check your own motives... hopefully you have a strong wise pastor to see through this and advise you directly.... and that his or her answer is a very clear NO.

Sure you can run to another church that will accept it, but that does not make it right.

the dance of the OT? im guessing since you were there and all that you must be at least 5000 years old!!... speaking of checking one's heart, you might want to do the same. i mean do you know what her motives are?... so lemme get this straight, going to another church doesnt make it right, but listening to you does? since when are you the authoritative voice?... oh thats right, i presume you are a lawyer... could you please inform me why britney spears is not allowed in the church?

its funny how when you look over your post, you see alot of opinionated comments. which is fine provided you understand that its your opinion and not truth. this thread is 50 pages long b/c people seem to forget the difference! :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

u bunch of sticks in the mud, we have here , someone that loves our Lord & just wants to be with other christians , doing what God has enabled her to do & u guys wanna debate wether this is wrong or right , u talk about music n its evils n LFG , u oughta stick to legalism , seems to b ur field

Dance , ppl can & will find fault in anything if they look long enuff & perverts can pervert even the purest , so dont worry bout them either, sum ppl can see a "whatever" & become excited .Sis u walk , move speak , breathe , dance , with a guitar or drum if He leads u to & jus keep ur eyes on Him , an audience of one.

:emot-handshake::):o alien! You rock!

May I add also that God also dances! He dances with such Joy over us--and the word used for "joy" in the passage that expresses this denotes jumping, stomping and SPINNING! Amen! God spins with joy over me!

So.................. why can't we also????????????????????

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Amen, Axe! We are created in His image, are we not?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Lawyer -

If this were a court, you would lose for lack of evidence. :P

My goodness, but is this thread going downhill.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God does not "dance" as you are proposing to do.

This is not Christianity you are following but a very worldly version of what you want to redefine and call it Christianity.

Church is not a game in which you can just do whatever you want.

Rather, you are dancing with devils and you are completely wrong about Zoegirl. It is not appropriate for church. It is not true Christian music. Throwing "God" or other religious names and ideas does not make it right.

This is not right.

Obviously the great apostasy of the church is here.... the apostate church will do exactly what you are offering.

The church is not a game, right. But it is not an institution as you describe. It is US!!

Give me a break. The apostacy includes legalism as you are proposing. It is you who abases and makes profane that which is holy and commanded by God Himself throughout scripture!

Edited by Floatingaxe

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Lawyer -

If this were a court, you would lose for lack of evidence. :P

My goodness, but is this thread going downhill.

Yep, it is. And that's why I'm closing it.

People, you can debate the issue but you cannot resort to name calling. Keep it civil.