• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

For all we know, mohammad99 could have been a post and runner, busy in his own life, or simply on vacation somewhere.

Who really knows at this point?

There's no sense tossing accusations around claiming that he was scared off without further evidence of it.

Onward........

Look. Terrorists view themselves as Muslims. But Islam is not abou terrorism, nor is the concept of jihad as practised by terrorists a Muslim concept. This is what I was trying to say; by no means whatsoever am I trying to justify terrorism or its participants in any way, shape or form.

And when the same criteria is applied to Christians it doesn't quite get the same free pass, does it? The Papists of the time viewed themselves as Christians but Christianity is not about the Inquisitions, nor is the concept of the KKK's racism as practiced by them a Christian concept, yet they claim hold to the Christian banner and people then associate Christianity with them.

Same exact argument, but Christianity seems to take the hits while other religions get the pass.

Why?

*note*

I understand and appreciate that you are not supporting the terrorists or sympathetic to their cause. :24::emot-hug:

My only question is why do people assume that Christianity is in true form during times when terrible things happen by those that claim to waive it's banner, but other religions do not have the same dogma attached to it by those same people in similar fashion?

I don't think it's true at all to think that Nazi Germany was following the teachings of the Bible, but we hear quite a bit how they were a part of Christianity's bloody history, whether we want to admit it or not.

No, they were not a part of Christian lineage. Not in any way, shape or form.

But watch closely, because on this very board, someone will bring it up again eventually and try to attach it to Chritian history.

Yet, and then, when someone raises a point about muslim terrorism, someone will be quick to say something like "They are not really true muslims according to the koran".

For once, I'd like to hear from those muslim leaders which do not agree with what is going on with their religion, or more specifically, is not in agreement with what the terrorists are doing with it. Now that would be refreshing!

I hope that just one of them would stand up, denounce what is going on in the world of terrorism, and set us straight with what islam is all about.

So far, it either hasn't happened yet, or I've missed it somehow (which, of course, is entirely possible.... ;) ).

The only person I've heard get on that stump is Bush, which says those things so some of the muslim nations will join him in the WOT, or at least in the hopes that they will not join in against us while we do our thing.

I don't know, secondeve. Maybe I'm just missing something here.

Am I wrong in my thoughts here? How does an atheist view the situation? It's been almost 6 years since I was one, so maybe I'm simply biased on this.

Do you see where, on the world stage, some religions get free passes on some stuff while others take hits for the exact same thing?

Your honest opinion is more than welcome.

Peace,

t.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

hi pointer !!!

to start with , what do you know about islam? Define it very briefly . :)

In brief, Muslims believe that by fasting, praying and doing good works they can be saved.

Hi pointer !

What you said is just a part of islam.

Part One :CREED

In his HEART a muslim one has to :

1- believe that there is One, Unique God who is unlike anything you see or you picture in your mind. The Attributes of Allah do not change, develop, or transform, because those processes belong to the attributes of the creation.

2- believe in All prophets from Adam to the Last prophet ( Mohammad). All the prophets preached for One God and they didn't sin

3- believe in in God's Angels. There are so many and they are sinless

4- Believe in All Divine books the most famous are four : a Book revealed to Torah (Moses), Zabur ( David); the Injil ( Jesus) and the Koran ( mohammad). the first three books have been corrupted by man. But the Koran is still protected by God

5- believe in the existence of the resurrection and Paradise and Hell

6-believe that what happens to creatures is willed and known to God before its occurence

Part Two Practices:

There are five things that a muslim must DO:

1- proclaim that there is no god but One, Unique God and Mohammad is his prophet

2- pray 5 times a day

3- give alms to the poor if possible

4- fast one month (Ramadan)

5- make pilgrimage to Mecca if possible

A good muslim performs do both 'the heart' and 'the body' duties. If he has the six beliefs but doesn't perform the five rituals he is still a muslim unless he rejects them.

this is ,in brief, a definition of islam :)

Hi Mohammed, I have five questions:

1) Do Muslims use the Old Testament along with the Koran... or just the Koran?

2) Does the Koran says in it's scriptures that is is the divine word of God? (same claim christians make about the bible)

3) Do Muslims believe the Koran to be innerrant?

4) Do Muslims think the New Testament is a work of men or satanic in nature?

5) Do Muslims think people of other faiths (or none at all) can go to heaven too if they behave ethically in this life; or is it exclusive like Christianity, basing one's final destination upon what you belief rather than how you act?

Thanks

Hi anti-hillBilly !

my answers to your 5 qustions:

1- Muslims don't USE the Old Testament . But they believe in the true ,original Old testament which was revealed to Moses , abraham ,david. the Book you have now is not 100% authentic

2- Yes the Koran says it is divine and it is the Last Book revealed to humanity before Doomsday

3- yes we believe our book is innerrant

4- We believe in the Book revealed to Jesus but your new testament is not authentic: man has corrupted it

5- to morally good is not enough to win salvation . One has to believe in One, Unique God and believe in all what Mohammad said. Prophet Mohammad's teachings encompasses ALL prophets' beliefs

I Hope my answers are satisfying :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

:)He's back! :)

Hey Mohammad! ;)

Just want to clarify that christians believe in only one God also. As we are mind body and spirit in one, God is Father Son and Holy Spirit in one. It's the trinity doctrine. In Genesis at the beginning of creation God said "Let us make man in our image. It seems a little confusing but it's quite simple.

Blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

2- believe in All prophets from Adam to the Last prophet ( Mohammad). All the prophets preached for One God and they didn't sin /

Adam didn't sin? :hmmm:

Is that what you are saying?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

There are five things that a muslim must DO:

1- proclaim that there is no god but One, Unique God and Mohammad is his prophet

2- pray 5 times a day

3- give alms to the poor if possible

4- fast one month (Ramadan)

5- make pilgrimage to Mecca if possible

A good muslim performs do both 'the heart' and 'the body' duties. If he has the six beliefs but doesn't perform the five rituals he is still a muslim unless he rejects them.

Mohammad, what is the source of your redemption from sin?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

mohammad,

What is your reward for following all the rules of Islam?What happens if a muslim turns from the faith to become, I guess you would say (don't know) an atheist-saying there is no god.

What does mohammad offer someone? Is there a heaven to gain and a hell to shun-in your religion)? What are your rewards in heaven?

Can you have an intimate relationship with allah? How can you approach your god? Is everyone treated the same by allah? What is your definition of a prophet? Did mohammad write the koran?

thank you for your answers,

blessings

candi

:PHe's back! :)

Hey Mohammad! :21:

Just want to clarify that christians believe in only one God also. As we are mind body and spirit in one, God is Father Son and Holy Spirit in one. It's the trinity doctrine. In Genesis at the beginning of creation God said "Let us make man in our image. It seems a little confusing but it's quite simple.

Blessings

Hi wordsower !!

No,"christians" believe in three Divine persons not one. each of them is different from the other. When you refer to "the father" you don't mean "the Son" or "Holy Spirit"!! Each has specific characteristics. Don't say they are complementary! Christ in the NT always shows his SUBMISSION and VENERATION to his Creator which proves he is a servant to the ONe God. Nver ever in the NT does Jesus say he is God. and never ever in the OT do the prophets say they worship one God in three persons !!

the example you gave of body-mind-spirit is inaccurate because each is different from the other: they are not equal.

Your quotation from Genisis is inaccarate,too. The pronouns (us) and (our) don't refer to --- as you claim -- trinity. the pronouns refer to ONE GOD. In Hebrew and arabic we can use plural pronouns to refer to someone who is powerful, important (e.g. God). in Arabic ,they are calle " pronouns for majesty".

Bye !! ;)

2- believe in All prophets from Adam to the Last prophet ( Mohammad). All the prophets preached for One God and they didn't sin /

Adam didn't sin? :)

Is that what you are saying?

hi nebula !

muslims believe adam's sin was not big. He forgot his God's commad that he shouldn't eat of the fruit. Besides, God has forgiven him AND we ARE NOT TO be blamed for his sin. So, it is absurd that a man (jesus) should come later and say he is to take the blame for the original Sin!!!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  487
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Just want to clarify that christians believe in only one God also. As we are mind body and spirit in one, God is Father Son and Holy Spirit in one. It's the trinity doctrine.

If we want to know whether Christianity is monotheistic I think we need to ask:

(1) What is essential to monotheism? What would qualify as monotheism?

(2) What exactly are the "persons" that the Trinity contains? We need a definition of "person".