KarenJo5

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

So someone cannot write an interesting story based on the Word and earn money?

Some of us might say its an exploitation of Scripture based on bad doctrine but portrayed as true. Its interesting that God himself chose a very simple and unsensational revelation to us in His Word while LeHaye and Jenkins have attempted a highly sensational portrayal to push their view of the end times with overdramatized books and movies. One could reasonably conclude that their purpose in all this is increased sales volume and profitibilty.

sw

I have been raised in the Babtist church but have attended nondeminanational and Assembly of God churches also. I have always been taught and believed in the rapture of the church in all of these. The other night I saw a T.V show that says the rapture is not mentioned in the Bible. I have looked in the Bible where I thought it was and it is not there. Help Please.

Hello Karen,

In the book of IThessalonians 4:13-18

That's not a reference to the supposed "Rapture".

Plus, if you look at what Paul says, he says that the "Coming of the Lord", which is what he is talking about, will not happen until AFTER the last trumpet has sounded. There are seven trumpets that sound during the tribulation. Therefore the last trumpet cannot be before the seventh trumpet.

Also, if you look in second thessalonians, Paul once again addressed this issue because apparently the people didn't read his first letter or something. In 2 Thess. 2: 1-4, we are told once again not to be troubled, and not be decieved so as to think that the Lord had already come, because, Paul says, that the Lord is NOT COMING, and consequently, we ARE NOT going to be gathered together to him, until AFTER the "man of sin" is revealed.

The "Rapture" is a false doctrine largely invented by Darby.

The rapture is not a false doctrine whatsoever.

Gentile Christians always confuse what these trumpets are. They ARE NOT those in Revelation. They are totally separate.

The rapture is in 1 Thess 4 and Revelation 4:1

The rapture happened to Enoch before the flood.

The rapture happened to Elijah.

The rapture will happen to every born again believer BEFORE any of the 7 year tribulation.

Most Christians who deny the rapture, also do not understand the nature, the character, and the reason for this 7 year tribulation to come. We are not in any of it yet.

The passages you refer to have nothing to do with a pre-tribulation Rapture. They do not even remotely address any of the ideas of that teaching. To say so is to completely deny the principle of perpescuity of Scripture. To arrive at your conclusions one has to start with this bad idea and then do an incredible amount of scripture twisting to try and back into it and even then it doesn't fit. No reader of the Bible could conclude a pre-tribulation rapture and 7 year tribulation without first being brainwashed by the idea itself as portrayed in books and movies like Left Behind.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I believed in the pre-trib rapture long before any of these books were ever written. No brainwashing has taken effect here! It is a legitimate interpretation. There are millions of Christians here and those who have gone before us who have believed in such a thing.

It is not evil, nor impeding salvation. So why all the vitriol about it?

I believed in the pre-trib rapture long before any of these books were ever written. No brainwashing has taken effect here! It is a legitimate interpretation. There are millions of Christians here and those who have gone before us who have believed in such a thing.

It is not evil, nor impeding salvation. So why all the vitriol about it?

Dear soul,

You did not learn and believe in such a thing by the plain reading of Scripture. You were taught it somewhere along the line and you believe it now because it was presented to you with no consideration for the historical view. Further if anything there is more vitriol directed at those of us who disagree with this view than at those who have bought into it. I know some churches where you are virtually considered an unbeliever if you don't swear by Left Behind and what it teaches.

sw

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I would venture to say that nearly everyone who has come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ was taught the truth first. I, of course, was taught about these last things as a child, and as I have read the scriptures for myself, I have discovered no discrepancy there. Until I do, I hold to my understanding. When I discover an untruth based on the Word of God, I discard such a thing...I have yet to do that in this case.

It has no bearing upon salvation, or the wonderful relationship one has with Jesus Christ.

I would venture to say that nearly everyone who has come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ was taught the truth first. I, of course, was taught about these last things as a child, and as I have read the scriptures for myself, I have discovered no discrepancy there. Until I do, I hold to my understanding. When I discover an untruth based on the Word of God, I discard such a thing...I have yet to do that in this case.

It has no bearing upon salvation, or the wonderful relationship one has with Jesus Christ.

What lead you to believe in the pretrib. rapture? What were you taught and could you share that with me please. If you could give me scripture ref. that would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to do so in this thread, you can do so by PM or email. Again, any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What would happen if the rapture took place right now?

What would the world be like twenty years from now?

Anyone? :noidea:

The world would be in the Millennial Kingdom where Jesus is ruling and reigning from (physical) Mount Zion, fulfilling the Davidic Promise and Abrahamic Covenant. All still alive in the gentile nations would be coming to Jerusalem to pay homage/tribute. Satan is bound for a little less than a thousand years -- by your twenty years after the "catching away" (rapture) of the Church timetable.

The Church would be living on this world in their resurrected bodies and assisting/serving Jesus somehow in His administration of the government. We would probably still be rebuilding Jerusalem and other world cities from war and judgments. Since the seal, trumpet, and bowl judgments kill so many people, in addition to those killed by Jesus' return and the battle at Har Meggido and the 200 million man army from the east (plus whatever the seven thunders do that John was not allowed to tell us about!!), there will be very few humans left on the earth. The world would be populated by those that did survive - Messianic Jews (who have accepted Jesus as their Messiah) and Gentiles - and the physically resurrected Church. Interesting place.

IMHO only ... :)

This rapture would have been post tribulation...correct?

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

So someone cannot write an interesting story based on the Word and earn money?

1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and [into] many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2Pe 2:3