• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Example3: With in each religion there is a cult factor that only Exist in religions that is baised on the bible. Heaven's Gate cult mass murder comes to mind. Plus the use scare tactic's in order to converse a person to become a believer meets the criteria of a cult. which is only found inside of some religion dominations. but it is in all religions Another example. Muslim Extremism.

If we are being honest with each other, everything in this world, is based upon religion of one sort or another, every religion claims to be the way either to a god, whom they claim is thee god, or to what is referred to as the way to "true enlightenment". You have, to mention but a few.......Bhuddism, muslims, atheism, catholicism, protestantism, the list goes on and on, doesn't it dood? And within each of these, yes, we do have "extremism" or "cults", whichever way you view it, this again I do not disagree with you on. And all done in the name of religion!

But i'm not talking about religion, or getting to know a god, or the multitude of peoples opinions out there that there unfortunately is. I want to know about God, God who created all things, what He wants, what can I do for Him to recompense for what i've done wrong. I'll be honest, i'm not interested in who man tells me who God is, I can find out from the Bible, I can find out from the big man himself. But then that is easy for me to say, because I do, believe that the Bible, is inspired and blessed by God. I guess it is a matter of seeing the path through the multitude of trees.

I can't really comment on the Heaven's Gate cult, I don't know enough about it, but yes there are many like that, and it is truly sad.

Now, yes, many christians (i'm talking about Bible believers who are under the blood of Jesus Christ) use scare tactics, whether deliberately or not, they are used, someone I used to know referred to it as "scaring people out of hell and into Heaven," I don't remember anyone having used that tactic on me though. In fact I'm not sure exactly what happened to prompt me to get saved, I can't even recollect the message the preacher was speaking about, i'm not even sure why i ended up in the church that day, I can remember that I reached out to the preachers hand,.......bit embarassed to admit it, :emot-lwt: but i couldn't stop crying........and I refused to let go of his hand and demanded, because i knew he could, for his help. To this day, if you asked me to explain, i don't think I could. I wasn't a person given to that type of reaction, okay, I might be now, but not then. Work took me here there and everywhere, and due to one thing and another, I lost touch with the Bible and with God, and it was a kind act by a teenager,......a kid........that led me to converse with a lady called suszanne (aka tsth) and I will never forget her, and will be eternally thankful, because she picked me up and pointed me back in the direction i had initially intended to walk.

To be honest dood, I don't react well to extremists myself. i tend to turn around and walk away and disregard what has been said, irrelevant whether what has been said is the truth or not. It's that stubborn streak in me i think.......... :emot-pinochio:

Yes all religion has it extremists, and sadly christianity has those also, but these are man's ways, through either the motivation to obtain wealth or the motivation to obtain power and self importance, or a motivation to be heard above all others and to be perceived as most knowledgable in whatever discussion is ensuing. But these are not God's ways, not my God that I read about in my Bible, these are not His ways.

From my point of view, I've hurt God's heart, not just by the sins in Eden, but in my very own life,............and I need Him to know that i'm sorry, I'm tired of this world, I'm tired of the horrors in it, and I'm tired how others feel the need to hurt others...........these things are wrong and they are not of God, I know that, and that is what my Bible tells me.

That is the God I love.

I can't tell you much about extremism dood, i'm sorry, I know little of it, I only know that the God of the Bible is real and that I love Him, and when I look out to the world around me, gee, what a world, and I don't mean that in a nice way!

Don't get me wrong, dood, i'm not in despair, and I think that is what drives some, not all, to one form of extremism or another, or indeed to the borders of insanity, which in my opinion is a form of extremism itself. i'm in hope, lol...........i know it doesn't sound like it.......but, really, i am. I guess I read the Bible with different eyes now.

I so, so wish that people would stop looking at the world and thinking "God" He's responsible for all this! Because He's not, we are, I am.....

I'll leave it at that dood, sorry for the long posts today, sometimes i just don't know when to stop!

All please feel free to join in, I think that most are getting the impression of how we want this thread to continue, please respect the others who have already joined in this thread and remind yourself that they have feelings too!

God Bless

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

No fighting here, please, or i'll bring in the penguins and have this thread moved!

Seriously though, why do you believe the Bible to be just a collection of historical books? Why do you believe it is not accurate?

I'm interested that as someone who goes to church that you do not believe the accuracy of the Bible? Let's discuss this peaceably :P , please.

Okay Anne its getting late and I'm getting sleepy. Hopefully I'm not editing this tomorrow to fix anything. If I do I'll make it known tomorrow.

A small correction I don't attend chruch and have not for well over a decade perhaps 2 decades now. But I did go at one time. I believe in god from 2 points of view. One I'm breathing. Two if you take how all chemicals interact that make up life from all the various sources to create all the different things we have. The number in favour for something divine is so great in favour of a god no one has been able to calculate the actual odds of life just being a mistake or evolution.

I do not believe in the accuracy of the bible on several fronts. Like church I have attended both catholic and public schools as a youth also. I also have had religious and non-religious role models in my life. From their I have done a lot of research.

Example1: The bible itself is extremely hard to understand. You can see it right here on worthhyboards one person makes a post and then 10 posts follow giving a different story for the same piece of scripture. Right there to me says inaccuracy. Because the views are taken to the extreme in some of the cases. So the bible is not clear on what it is talking about. If it was. There wouldn't be so much controversy.

Example2: I don't know this for a fact, but at least a majority if not all religions and the most dominating ones, christianity, muslim etc are all baised on their own versions of the bible. Each one is similur but worded slightly different. Why would A good lord give us different bibles baised on race? jewish have their own, white people have there own middle easterns have their own. this does not make sense but it is the way it worked out.

Example3: With in each religion there is a cult factor that only Exist in religions that is baised on the bible. Heaven's Gate cult mass murder comes to mind. Plus the use scare tactic's in order to converse a person to become a believer meets the criteria of a cult. which is only found inside of some religion dominations. but it is in all religions Another example. Muslim Extremism.

Example 4: This is just a observation I do not know if it is factual or not. It appears to be and is something I wish to study soon. Cases of OCD, Depression, Anxiety and others nasty problems people have (don't mind you that lying to self and others is a big part of Depression) Appear to be higher in the the religious communities which are built apon the bible.

Example 5: More people have been killed in the name of God than any other cause ever. Killing is not holy. But we tack a holy name to it. This comes from the bible.

If you like more and better information read some of the threads I've replied to today Augest 12th. A couple tackles mis-using scripture metaphor to bend it to fit their own views.

I haven't read thru this whole thread and I'm sure others have responded in depth to you.But I don't see anything you said that is a reason based upon the Bible ITSELF , not to believe.It all seems to be things that people do in response to the Bible, that you have the problem with.

smiles, we've known each other for a while, not long, but a while nonetheless, trust me on this, read the thread. Do not make an assumption, trust me your heart will be touched.

God Bless you Smiles

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne :P

Hi Dood! Hi Anne! :24:

Thanks for your reply, Dood. Anne your response(s) are superb - I'm envious of your concorodance - I have a limited one only.!

Dood -the Romans 8 v.20 thing - Paul was actually comparing life on earth with life in Heaven:-

v.18-21 ''(That's why) I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times [Paul was in prison when he wrote this - I think I'm correct aren't I Anne?] and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next. [here I imagine him listening to the odd bird twittering outside his cell!!!lol] Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.''

The Message translation.

:24:

ttfn

Summer Sun

Summer,

God Bless you,

But I want you to understand this, that no matter what I or anyone else says, no matter how plausible it seems, if what we say does not measure up with the Holy Scripture, then we are wrong.

Also summer, the concordance is just my lazy streak, you don't need a concordance to understand or see the Bible, just read and think and contemplate.

God Bless you and thank you for your kind words.

Anne :P

Example 4: This is just a observation I do not know if it is factual or not. It appears to be and is something I wish to study soon. Cases of OCD, Depression, Anxiety and others nasty problems people have (don't mind you that lying to self and others is a big part of Depression) Appear to be higher in the the religious communities which are built apon the bible.

Example 5: More people have been killed in the name of God than any other cause ever. Killing is not holy. But we tack a holy name to it. This comes from the bible.

With regards to point 4, as you know I have already agreed with this, and expressed why i believe this to be true.

If you could give me an example of point 5 dood, i'd be better placed to comment, but the truth is not everyone who says they are doing something in the name of God is of God. But again this does not come from God.

dood,

came across this article today, thought you might find it interesting. :wub:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2006/0815classrooms.asp

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Proof of fraudulent acts, That

sorry guys bumping.........waiting on a reply from dood

Hi Dood! Hi Anne! :)

Thanks for your reply, Dood. Anne your response(s) are superb - I'm envious of your concorodance - I have a limited one only.!

Dood -the Romans 8 v.20 thing - Paul was actually comparing life on earth with life in Heaven:-

v.18-21 ''(That's why) I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times [Paul was in prison when he wrote this - I think I'm correct aren't I Anne?] and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next. [here I imagine him listening to the odd bird twittering outside his cell!!!lol] Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.''

The Message translation.

:P

ttfn

Summer Sun

Summer thinking about this one now, my main study is in the Old Testament, so i'm going to have to fast forward my mind..............oooohh about 4,000 years :whistling: ...........hurts just thinking about it :21:

I'll get back to you as soon as i can, which should be tonight sometime.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

*bump*