• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Leviticus 26:14

[ Punishment for Disobedience ] " 'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands,

Deuteronomy 28:15

[ Curses for Disobedience ] However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:

Jeremiah 43:7

So they entered Egypt in disobedience to the LORD and went as far as Tahpanhes.

Hebrews 4:6

It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in , because of their disobedience.

Hebrews 4:11

Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

It is a direct implication that every act of disobedience is an act of the will.

Just to clarify so there is no room for confussion and because i am not that good in english...

Do you mean all sins that the people is commiting is willfully being done by the person committing the sin???

Thanks,

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

[ Punishment for Disobedience ] " 'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands,

[ Curses for Disobedience ] However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:

It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in , because of their disobedience.

Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

It is a direct implication that every act of disobedience is an act of the will.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I don't believe it is a sin if it isn't done willfully...

• Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

That's a very shallow and dangerous view of sin and also a very subjective one. It also leads people to excuse their sins instead of confessing them. The sinful nature runs deep to the core, even in believers. It effects not only our sinful actions but our sinful inactions. Nothing scriptural about your concept of sin.

sw

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

That's a very shallow and dangerous view of sin and also a very subjective one. It also leads people to excuse their sins instead of confessing them. The sinful nature runs deep to the core, even in believers. It effects not only our sinful actions but our sinful inactions. Nothing scriptural about your concept of sin.

sw

Well if you are dismissing the sin in any way, then God will know. I don't think God condemns us for sins we don't realize we are commiting. However, once you know Jesus, you have no excuse not to realize your sins. And I suppose before you know Jesus, you are condemned in your sins whether you know them or not. Very confusing business.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Can you clarify first my question at the beginning to avoid confussion?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

According to the Old Testament and to nature we know that there are things which are done inadvertently....not on purpose. In fact God provided particular sacrifice for that type of sin. For instance there is manslaughter. The ax can fly apart and kill a man. It is totally wrong to kill someone. However, when not done on purpose it is different than premeditated murder.

I do agree with St Worm in the fact that the sin nature runs so deep that we spend a life time discovering its action in us. And it is dangerous to be subjective about sin. However there are different types of sin therefore different consequences for sin.

Can you clarify first my question at the beginning to avoid confussion?

You clarify your own question yourself! My answer is clear as well.

• Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

sw

Well if you are dismissing the sin in any way, then God will know. I don't think God condemns us for sins we don't realize we are commiting. However, once you know Jesus, you have no excuse not to realize your sins. And I suppose before you know Jesus, you are condemned in your sins whether you know them or not. Very confusing business.

The Law demands we continually and without failure love God and love our neighbor. Our failure to do that is rarely something we are conscious of yet we are sinning anyway. Sinning by breaking God's Law is not only failure to do what we should not but also failure to not do what we should. To think sin in only something we are aware of is unbiblical and perhaps worse than Pelagianism.

sw

To think sin in only something we are aware of is unbiblical and perhaps worse than Pelagianism.

You are right. Even in acts in which we unknowingly sin, they remain willful acts, and we are held accountable nevertheless.