• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Ok, from Hebrews 10:26-31....

"If we give up and turn our backs on all we've learned, all we've been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ's sacrifice and are left on our own to face the Judgment and a mighty fierce judgment it will be! If the penalty for breaking the law of Moses is physical death, what do you think will happen if you turn on God's Son, spit on the sacrifice that made you whole, and insult this most gracious Spirit? This is no light matter. God has warned us that he'll hold us to account and make us pay. He was quite explicit: "Vengeance is mine, and I won't overlook a thing" and "God will judge his people." Nobody's getting by with anything, believe me."

This is talking about those who abandon their faith, who turn their backs on their salvation. This refers to the loss of our standing with God... pretty sad state of affairs, eh?

A sensitive and true believer still sins, but they have the understanding that they need to come to repentance immediately and renounce that sin.

What's the trouble, then, antz?

The trouble is... there's no verse supporting your answer... it looks to me that it is just another interpretation...

and worse is... you did not answer the question so let me put it again...

Do you agree that willful sins are deadly after we received the knowledge of the truth as what the Bible say???

Hebrews 10:26For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

I have answered you through scripture! It's like knocking my head against a brick wall with you!

:taped:

Hebrews 10:26, as I already pointed out, is referring to people who willfully turn their backs on their salvation! It is not referring to sins like jay-walking or spitting on the sidewalk!

In the case of one abandoning their faith, then yes, that sin is deadly...they become reprobate.

By the way...that was a quote I pasted, you know!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Do you agree that willful sins are deadly after we received the knowledge of the truth as what the Bible say???
"Willful sins" is a redundant term. There is no other kind. You have willfully sinned a few times since you have been on this thread, Antz. By your own theology, you are not saved.

Fortunately, God does not operate the way your "theology" dictates.

To answer your question, no willful sins are not deadly because Jesus has already born the punishment of death for them. All of God's judgment against sin was leveled at Jesus.

Jesus has already borne everything it takes to send a person to Hell, and He did it so that we would not have to. According to Galatians 3, we have been redeemed from the curse of the law. The curse of the law was spiritual death, and separation from God. Jesus bore that curse away from us on the cross.

Romans six now tells us that sin no longer has dominion for us. Romans eight says that we have been set free from the law of sin and death. As Christians, we are set from free from the deadliness of sin. It no longer has any power over us, because we are under grace and are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. We are washed, we are sanctified by his grace, His Word and by the Holy Spirit. We are New Creations who have passed from death into life. We have been identified with Him in His death and risen with Christ to walk in the newness of life. Sin's deadliness is a thing of the past for the Christian. We start from the place of victory over sin and victory over death, hell and the grave. We start from the place you are trying to end up.

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

(2 Corinthians 5:1)

Like Paul we already know that we have eternal life. We already know to some extent was is awaiting us in heaven. Compare this certainty with other religions, especially those of Paul's day. A major difference between Christianity and other religions is our certainty. We don't have to guess at what God may or may not be thinking, nor do we have to go day to day, not knowing where we stand with Him. We are assured each and everyday by His unchanging Word that we are His beloved, the sheep of His pasture, and that His ever watchful eye is upon us each day. We have a "know-so" salvation. The Bible tells us in John 5:24 and 1John 5:11-13 that we can know we are saved today. We don't have to wait until the great day of judgement to find out if we made it or not. Eph. 1:14 tells us that we are sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise who is the earnest (down payment) of our inheritance. The Holy Spirit is our Guarantee. The Spirit of God living on the inside of us is an ever living witness that we are children of God.

I have a "know-so" salvation. I am already saved from everything you are still striving to be saved from. Stinks to be you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hebrews 10:26, as I already pointed out, is referring to people who willfully turn their backs on their salvation! It is not referring to sins like jay-walking or ir spitting on the sidewalk!

In the case of one abandoning their faith, then yes, that sin is deadly...they beecome reprobate.

After reading Hebrews 10, I would agree with you. The chapter is speaking of people who abandon the faith. So, in context, this verse is speaking of that as well - not someone who fell into temptation.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

"If we give up and turn our backs on all we've learned, all we've been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ's sacrifice and are left on our own to face the Judgment and a mighty fierce judgment it will be! If the penalty for breaking the law of Moses is physical death, what do you think will happen if you turn on God's Son, spit on the sacrifice that made you whole, and insult this most gracious Spirit? This is no light matter. God has warned us that he'll hold us to account and make us pay. He was quite explicit: "Vengeance is mine, and I won't overlook a thing" and "God will judge his people." Nobody's getting by with anything, believe me."

This is talking about those who abandon their faith, who turn their backs on their salvation. This refers to the loss of our standing with God... pretty sad state of affairs, eh?

A sensitive and true believer still sins, but they have the understanding that they need to come to repentance immediately and renounce that sin.

The trouble is... there's no verse supporting your answer... it looks to me that it is just another interpretation...

Hebrews 10:26For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

I have answered you through scripture! It's like knocking my head against a brick wall with you!

:blink:

Hebrews 10:26, as I already pointed out, is referring to people who willfully turn their backs on their salvation! It is not referring to sins like jay-walking or ir spitting on the sidewalk!

In the case of one abandoning their faith, then yes, that sin is deadly...they beecome reprobate.

I am not asking what kind of sin is being referred by Heb 10:26, that is again another topic we can discuss as you wish. but right now, the question is...

Guest shiloh357

:blink:

I am not asking what kind of sin is being referred by Heb 10:26, that is again another topic we can discuss as you wish. but right now, the question is...

No... sin is only deadly to nonChristians. If sin is deadly for you, you are not saved.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (NIV)

He has already taken our punishment! :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (NIV)

He has already taken our punishment! :blink:

Thank you, Jesus! :hmmm:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I believe that a true born again believer seeks to please God, which means that they "live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires." [Romans 8:5b] We may be set free from sin [Romans 6:6,7,18] but as long as we remain in our corrupted flesh, we are not free from the struggles with sin.

Brother Paul, a mature & wise follower of the Way, wrote of his personal struggle with sin...

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.

17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Dubaimarina...

It means those who have turned their backs on Jesus--they will lose their reward. They can no longer be called Christians, now, can they?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Shiloh, you are very wrong on the belief that "sin is only deadly to non Christians"! In Heb 6:4-6 it mentioned that...

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

The above passage pertaining to CHRISTIANS right??? They once saved from sin! right????

Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Then if they (CHRISTIANS WHO ONCE SAVED) fall away; they will not inherit the Kingdom of heaven therefore they will not be SAVED FROM HELL! :24:

Wow, what a coincidence, another newbie supporting Antz/Truthcaster! :wub: