sierra21

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I think I went and did it...and I'm not even sure I did anything wrong....but the board got closed "before this gets out of hand"

I posted some biblical support for my beliefs and somebody thought I was calling him a fool. :):emot-highfive::noidea:

Which thread, Raven? :emot-questioned:

mine of course. As per seirra's reason for leaving it doesn't surprise me. I only know of 2 people who actually stuck it out to get to the nit and gritty of scriptures, morals, and christ on here. Congratulations to both Pax and Anne for doing this.

Everyone assumed, accused, and through scripture in my face and I think sierra's too. These two actually took a moment to digest what I was saying and understood compeletely I was neither judging or attacking anyone in my posts and they both did it from a believer and non-believer point of view and still maintained their reputations as christians.

which one was that? (I usually only use "new posts" and don't see all of them)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

Don't want to be disagreeable. Just being real. Can you go back and find many times where after a long debate, the person who carried a different view pt than your's ended up changing their view point to your's? :emot-highfive: I'm just saying, that it is very rare that the person or persons you are debating with end up "backing down" and saying "You know what, i've been wrong all this time, you're right!" :whistling:

Please don't get me wrong, I still think it's good to put your thoughts and opinions out there!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Well, I think I went and did it...and I'm not even sure I did anything wrong....but the board got closed "before this gets out of hand"

I posted some biblical support for my beliefs and somebody thought I was calling him a fool. :emot-highfive::blink::blink:

Which thread, Raven? :whistling:

mine of course. As per seirra's reason for leaving it doesn't surprise me. I only know of 2 people who actually stuck it out to get to the nit and gritty of scriptures, morals, and christ on here. Congratulations to both Pax and Anne for doing this.

Everyone assumed, accused, and through scripture in my face and I think sierra's too. These two actually took a moment to digest what I was saying and understood compeletely I was neither judging or attacking anyone in my posts and they both did it from a believer and non-believer point of view and still maintained their reputations as christians.

I was using biblical terminology and calling the unbeliever a fool. I said nothing about YOU being one. I do believe what I said is true and I hold no apologies for it. I did not accuse you of doing or being anything, only presented what I know to be biblical truth about how to reason with unbelievers according to the bible. I wasn't judging or attacking, only presenting the biblical view of the topic. You chose IMO to misunderstand because you don't believe what I was posting.

And as to "through scripture in my face" well, scripture is ultimate truth. I believe that it's pertinent in any coverstation on which it speaks and I'm sure that you do too, which is why I brought the scriptures into the discussion in the first place. If scripture says to approach something or someone a certain way, well that is the way we're supposed to do it. I'm sorry that offended you, but if you go back and read it you will find that I did NOT call you or any other poster there a fool, I quoted scripture calling UNBELIEVERS fools.

There is a difference between stating truth and attacking someone, I believe in taking a strong stand and i've read tha thread at least 6 times and find that I was not attacking you at all.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

dood last time I checked I never through a scripture at you or said anything condescending to you.....I'm sorry if I did. :emot-highfive::whistling::blink::blink:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well seven pages and sixty replies.......it looks like sierra has flown the coop., which is sad for one so young.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well seven pages and sixty replies.......it looks like sierra has flown the coop., which is sad for one so young.

:(

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Don't want to be disagreeable. Just being real. Can you go back and find many times where after a long debate, the person who carried a different view pt than your's ended up changing their view point to your's? :( I'm just saying, that it is very rare that the person or persons you are debating with end up "backing down" and saying "You know what, i've been wrong all this time, you're right!" :blink:

Please don't get me wrong, I still think it's good to put your thoughts and opinions out there!

Actually, I've had plenty of experiences where heated debates over a period of time have led to a changing of the mind. Sometimes mine even :blink:

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

Obivously some never seen the full story but heated debates are here and if you don't like getting your views challenged then don't post them.....I sometimes don't. But there are civil ways to do it and just down right drop down no nice thing to say to person in order for them to understand. Which I don't recommend the second we are all people and can act civil and play pretty.

Just my 2 cents

Guest RondaLee

I don't consider myself "there" yet...so I have an open mind. Do like a little debate, and may even be convinced once in a great while. As long as it is all done in love. All this just to be able to ask...what is a macstoogie?

Ronalee

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I am a macstoogie Rhonda, but *looks around for mods* we have to be careful cause we shouldn't fool around in the main forum, if we do the moderators give us a slap on the hand!! :emot-hug:

Anyways, join us in the fellowship forum, that's towards the bottom on the main forum, and you'll be sure of a giggle or two, we'd love to see you there! Keep you're eyes on Jesus Sis, He'll carry you through.