• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I was wondering and don't know where to put this. Someone told me that in last days army will come around jeruslem now he says it's in bible and it is happening. Is that true. I haven't seen it in bible but is it happening. :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I moved this to the Eschatology forum from the General forum. It will get more hits here

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

I was wondering and don't know where to put this. Someone told me that in last days army will come around jeruslem now he says it's in bible and it is happening. Is that true. I haven't seen it in bible but is it happening. :wub:

I believe you will find valuable recent discussion of this topic here:

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=42809

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I was wondering and don't know where to put this. Someone told me that in last days army will come around jeruslem now he says it's in bible and it is happening. Is that true. I haven't seen it in bible but is it happening. :21:

Luke 21:20: "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near."

Is that the verse you were thinking of? That has been on my mind, too. The northern border of Israel is certainly gaining armies on its border. Whether or not this is a fulfillment of this verse... ???? I think it is at least noteworthy and something to watch and pray about.

I was wondering and don't know where to put this. Someone told me that in last days army will come around jeruslem now he says it's in bible and it is happening. Is that true. I haven't seen it in bible but is it happening. :emot-highfive:

Luke 21:20: "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near."

Is that the verse you were thinking of? That has been on my mind, too. The northern border of Israel is certainly gaining armies on its border. Whether or not this is a fulfillment of this verse... ???? I think it is at least noteworthy and something to watch and pray about.

Israelites must keep 3 feasts in the temple every year - Lev 23. There is no temple now.

Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70. They were scattered around the world, with no priests or prophets or temple. Your quote is about AD 70.

sidwms

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The armies surrounding Israel will happen after the rapture and will probably set the momentum for the anti-christ to step in and bring peace, the AC will then make a treaty with Israel, guaranteeing it's safety for 7 years and allow it to rebuild its temple on the temple mount. But, the AC is deceiving Israel and he will turn against it halfway through the treaty. Once that happens, all the Isrealis will leave Israel (and everything behind and only bring what they are wearing) and seek refuge in a valley, most people believe it is Petra and was one of the settings for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Once there, they will be protected, God will provide food (manna) and water and they will be preserved so, that even the clothes on their backs will not become tattered or filthy.

That's the jist of it. Dispensationalists believe that, but there are other Christians that don't. Some believe in replacement theology, which to me is just trying to justify anti-semtism in Christianity. Others believe in symbolic interpretation and take nothing from the bible literally. And still, others believe revelations does not apply to us and that Christ already returned when the second temple was destroyed. But, the bible is pretty clear when it says there will be 3 temples. Some people though, symbolize the 3rd temple as our bodies and the tribulation is our life, the AC is our desire to rebel against God. I believe all that is foolish. God did not make the bible so difficult that we have to symbolize everything. He designed it in a way that we can understand it and our enemies cannot, that we can use symbolism to comprehend what would normally be incomprehendible to us. God used symbols as metaphors to visualize to us what is indescribable in our words. We need to learn when symbolism is appropriate and when it is stretched too far.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The armies surrounding Israel will happen after the rapture and will probably set the momentum for the anti-christ to step in and bring peace, the AC will then make a treaty with Israel, guaranteeing it's safety for 7 years and allow it to rebuild its temple on the temple mount. But, the AC is deceiving Israel and he will turn against it halfway through the treaty. Once that happens, all the Isrealis will leave Israel (and everything behind and only bring what they are wearing) and seek refuge in a valley, most people believe it is Petra and was one of the settings for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Once there, they will be protected, God will provide food (manna) and water and they will be preserved so, that even the clothes on their backs will not become tattered or filthy.

That's the jist of it. Dispensationalists believe that, but there are other Christians that don't. Some believe in replacement theology, which to me is just trying to justify anti-semtism in Christianity. Others believe in symbolic interpretation and take nothing from the bible literally. And still, others believe revelations does not apply to us and that Christ already returned when the second temple was destroyed. But, the bible is pretty clear when it says there will be 3 temples. Some people though, symbolize the 3rd temple as our bodies and the tribulation is our life, the AC is our desire to rebel against God. I believe all that is foolish. God did not make the bible so difficult that we have to symbolize everything. He designed it in a way that we can understand it and our enemies cannot, that we can use symbolism to comprehend what would normally be incomprehendible to us. God used symbols as metaphors to visualize to us what is indescribable in our words. We need to learn when symbolism is appropriate and when it is stretched too far.

Justin

This is a good post and I agree with you.

Thanks

Jg