IGNORED

hell and mercy

Guest onmyway

Guest onmyway

God is love. why do we believe in a hell-hole where most of Gods created humans will be tortured FOREVER for chosing to be wicked, or for unbelief in his son, Jesus? I think that this teaching is false, as in the days of Jesus, the religious leaders taught falsehoods, the Greek word Hades and the Hebrew word Sheol, mean the GRAVE, Hell is the word the translators used. and check out this scripture, umm, the thought of burning people alive 'never entered Gods mind', jer.32:35 and never entered his heart either jer.7:31 as a matter of fact, God calls this idea of burning childen alive in fire an ABOMINATION, probably because HE IS LOVE, so why are people taught that God will do to his earthly children what is horrible in Gods mind? well, good ole satan is still misleading the religious leaders, he told Eve she would'nt really die, gen.3;4 but she did die, now he's telling us we don't really die, were tortured forever, were not really dead, and to top it all off, GOD is the one sending us there, umm ,whats wrong with this picture ? The bible is telling the truth when it tells us what happens at death. ecc.9:5,10 and ps. 146:3,4 and the soul does die-eze.18:4 and the spirit goes back to God, who gave it.ecc.12:7 thats why we need the ressurection. john 5:25, 6:40 agape love-onmyway

Edited by onmyway

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

a punishment has to be made for breaking Gods law. Gods punishment for breaking his law is hell. Jesus however took the punishment for us. So that we can

have life in heaven with God. So Jesus is the savior. All God asks is receive Jesus as your savior and turn from sins or take the punishment yourself. I hoped i helped. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

hmmmmm i think i got confused with this post. :blink:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

God is love. why do we believe in a hell-hole where most of Gods created humans will be tortured FOREVER for chosing to be wicked, or for unbelief in his son, Jesus? I think that this teaching is false, as in the days of Jesus, the religious leaders taught falsehoods, the Greek word Hades and the Hebrew word Sheol, mean the GRAVE, Hell is the word the translators used. and check out this scripture, umm, the thought of burning people alive 'never entered Gods mind', jer.32:35 and never entered his heart either jer.7:31 as a matter of fact, God calls this idea of burning childen alive in fire an ABOMINATION, probably because HE IS LOVE, so why are people taught that God will do to his earthly children what is horrible in Gods mind? well, good ole satan is still misleading the religious leaders, he told Eve she would'nt really die, gen.3;4 but she did die, now he's telling us we don't really die, were tortured forever, were not really dead, and to top it all off, GOD is the one sending us there, umm ,whats wrong with this picture ? The bible is telling the truth when it tells us what happens at death. ecc.9:5,10 and ps. 146:3,4 and the soul does die-eze.18:4 and the spirit goes back to God, who gave it.ecc.12:7 thats why we need the ressurection. john 5:25, 6:40 agape love-onmyway

To merely say God is love and therefore sinners don't go to eternal damnation is to ignore not only what the Bible says specifically about the consequences of sin but just as important it ignores the primary subject of the Bible, Jesus and His cross and the purpose of it. Yes God is love and that love is revealed in Christ and His cross but God also is just and holy and that means sin must be punished. That punishment is administered to all who are not in Christ, where God's love is found.

sw

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand why there has to be a hell. It seems to have no purpose. Still, there has to be "a" truth. I believe Christ is that truth and he was quite positive that there is a hell. Thinking about it horrifies me because most Christians I know will tell you that the vast majority of people will end up there. I have been cronically ill for years and in pain most of the time. This existence here on earth is painful enough. But it will come to an end. Hell won't. My obcessive/ compulsive brain can't stop thinking about it. Even though I believe Jesus and the Bible are the one and only truth, I have never had confidence in where I will end up. I have asked for forgiveness but there are pockets of wickedness in me that I have yet to overcome even though I have sought to turn them over to God. I am extremely frightened of God. Terrified to the max. I don't want "justice". I want "mercy". Thats one thing I can say that I have inproved on. I am alot more merciful than I once was. Mercy is my favorite word.

Dan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Onmyway,

God is love but perhaps his definition is not based on your feelings or definitions. Just a thought.

From what I can gather. When a person dies they are in the hell, hades, sheol or the grave as you say, they are not aware of anything. There are some exceptions made in the scriptures.

So far so good but there is more.

The tortures and punishments come after the judgement when Satan and his angles and all his followers are sent to what is referred to as the lake of fire after they are found guilty not before.

God says he resurrects all and some are sent to the lake of fire that burns forever and forever, this is also called the second death. This might be why you have trouble understanding. Rev 14;9-11, 19:20, 20:10-15, 21:18. Just a few places. The second death is not like the first and doesn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hell was created for the devil and his angels. Man was never intended to go there. However we chose to go our own way and when we choose to go against what God has for us there has to be a punishment. In scripture God tells those whos names are not found in the Book Of Life to " depart from Me you cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. To say that hell is a false teaching is to deny what the bible teaches very clearly.

Guest drbelitz
Hell was created for the devil and his angels. Man was never intended to go there. However we chose to go our own way and when we choose to go against what God has for us there has to be a punishment. In scripture God tells those whos names are not found in the Book Of Life to " depart from Me you cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. To say that hell is a false teaching is to deny what the bible teaches very clearly.

and lets not forget that those whose names are IN the book of life, can be taken out of the book of life, which means they can lose their salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

It is true that God is love. It is also true that He is holy and just and amny other things. He holds all of His attributes in perfection. This means that He does not love at the expense of HIs justice, or evercise judgement at the expense of His love. Hell exists because God is just and must punish sin. Jesus came so that God could extend mercy without suspending his justice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Onmyway,

God is love but perhaps his definition is not based on your feelings or definitions. Just a thought.

From what I can gather. When a person dies they are in the hell, hades, sheol or the grave as you say, they are not aware of anything. There are some exceptions made in the scriptures.

So far so good but there is more.

The tortures and punishments come after the judgement when Satan and his angles and all his followers are sent to what is referred to as the lake of fire after they are found guilty not before.

God says he resurrects all and some are sent to the lake of fire that burns forever and forever, this is also called the second death. This might be why you have trouble understanding. Rev 14;9-11, 19:20, 20:10-15, 21:18. Just a few places. The second death is not like the first and doesn