IGNORED

Is Jan from TBN really as bad as everyone says?

DaughterofKing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Yikes! :rolleyes:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

TBN, in so many instances the height of all charismatic confusion.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Are there any shows or ppl that are ok?

It would be better for you to grow closer to God, study and read and pray for discernment than to ask others to tell you what is okay and what isn't. If we rely on others to guide us constantly, then we never learn to decide things for ourselves or exercise discernment. This also opens yourself up to being taken in easily by cults and things of that sort, because those who are easily led are often easily led astray. Stick to reading Scripture and studying the writings of godly people who have sound doctrine, and over time you'll learn to be able to tell the difference between what is true and what is false.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Peter started preaching false doctrine, Paul told him about it in front of everyone, he repented and wrote 2 awesome books of the Bible.

In his love,

Brian

Actually, Peter didn't preach "false" doctrine, but instead quit associating with the uncircumsised for fear of the legalistic Jews.

Ronald, your right .........forgive me. It was that Paul said that Peter Forced the gentiles to follow Jewish customs...........wow.....that means he had to tell them to. hmmmm..........well anyway here's the verse....

Gal 2:11When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

No its just that I like TBN shows. I like Paula White but am annoyed by her constantly asking for large sums of money. I am confused. I dont understand. I dont know what to think. I mean a hospital was built, there is good that happens....but then the money thing is weird....so im annoyed, I just wanna watch TBN and enjoy but they make it impossible to!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

No its just that I like TBN shows. I like Paula White but am annoyed by her constantly asking for large sums of money. I am confused. I dont understand. I dont know what to think. I mean a hospital was built, there is good that happens....but then the money thing is weird....so im annoyed, I just wanna watch TBN and enjoy but they make it impossible to!

Sometimes you have to sort out the good and the bad with TBN. I've gotten to the point where I just turn Paula White off and turn on the other Christian channel here in Tampa. I would much rather watch Joyce Meyer than Paula White. Even my Pastor doesn't like Paula White...or at least he doesn't like what she's doing.

Anita

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I remember a preacher who used to call TV the one eyed demon. I wonder if it was still the one eyed demon once he got on it?

LOL ok, I"m laughing now.

I have nothing to say about all that, really I don't have my tv hooked up to anything but elec ...so dvd or cd, or video, no "tv" was most people watch. I have lived most my adult life this way by choice.

Reading and studying, playing music, literally with singing and instruments and enjoying more of life I thinik without tv. I raised my family w/o tv most of the time. Very little of it ,happy none are tv watchers :noidea:

I have heard good things about sky angel and have considered it, But nah, not going for tv yet.

one eyed d eh? lol

but what is on tv is usually a mess, not all..but, far too much. not saying anyone or place in particular, the secular tv I mean.

But, far as Christian tv , it can be a good thing. I don't know about all this everyone is talking about TBN etc. NOr that we should be talking about others in certain ways either...

However, I agree it is very very importnant to read and study and know the Word (Bible) for yourself and nto be led by others for all your answers, But, by God HImself in you andin the Word. Bible study wil help youi alot in these reguards, I hope you do try to go to Bible study DOK if you aren't.

Take care DOK.

and hr jr ,thanks for the laugh I needed that! :21:

I belong outside anyway lol

elkie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

:24::24:

Are there any shows or ppl that are ok?

It would be better for you to grow closer to God, study and read and pray for discernment than to ask others to tell you what is okay and what isn't. If we rely on others to guide us constantly, then we never learn to decide things for ourselves or exercise discernment. This also opens yourself up to being taken in easily by cults and things of that sort, because those who are easily led are often easily led astray. Stick to reading Scripture and studying the writings of godly people who have sound doctrine, and over time you'll learn to be able to tell the difference between what is true and what is false.

:24: Well said i could not expound on that if i tried

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I remember a preacher who used to call TV the one eyed demon. I wonder if it was still the one eyed demon once he got on it?

We call our television "Cyclops."

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well, I am skeptical about the gossip. But she is kind of creepy.