SteveMcqueen

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

God loves his children does he not? Yet out of the 6 billion people who live on the planet today, only the 1.7 or so who are of the Christian faith will go to heaven, according to God

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

God stands and knocks at the door of our hearts, he is not going to possess you and take you by force- He gives you opportunities and chances. So who is mean-when he desires a relationship with his creation that people make the choice to reject him-whose being mean?? By your choice you either please him or you bring him to tears- whose mean now. If you don't know him-Don't Judge him!!

You're not guarenteed tommorrow, you have a choice, so don't condemn the one who gives you a choice and don't blame him when you have made your choice.

He seems mean to you because you can only see the judgement side of the coin from your perspective, but if you truely knew him you would see that His grace is a wonderful thing. Dare to give him a chance.

candi

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You didn't refute my point though. The Bible states that those who do not accept Jesus are condemned allready. Why does God wish to send billions of people to eternal pain simply because they didn't accept him? Are these people "bad" or "evil?"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Well I guess you could also wonder here too; does He only condemn those who had the chance and opportunity to believe - yet rejected Him, or is it infact all people regardless of whether they have heard the Gospel Truth?

EDIT: Let me add to this, or clarify what I mean:

"but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son"

It says that people are condemned already *because* they haven't believed "in the name of God's one and only Son" - so they must need to have heard the Name first for them to not believe in it surely? You can't not believe in something you've never heard of, and likewise you can't believe in something you haven't heard of either. You need to know what you are rejecting in order to reject it.

You are condemning yourself by hearing the Good News of Christ and rejecting Him. And that Good News is that Christ was crucified for your sins, and raised from death on the third day so that you may come to have eternal life and an intimate relationship with the one true God by believing in this!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Our sins condemn us. God could have just let us die in our sins, but He choose to give us a way to be reconciled to Him again. He made the sacrifice for us, He redeemed us. People have the choice to accept this or not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Well I guess you could also wonder here too; does He only condemn those who had the chance and opportunity to believe - yet rejected Him, or is it infact all people regardless of whether they have heard the Gospel Truth?

Romans 1:20 For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.

No one has an excuse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

He doesn't have a desire for any to parish but to be saved. He gives us all a choice. Because he is true to His Word, those who make their choice must live by their choice. Can they blame God-no. But God is righteous in his justice and those who honor Him will seek his face. Everyone has a choice. Could those people be morally good, that do not accept Christ as savior, oh yeah. I know some that never made that choice (that I know of) that were great people. Is it fair??? Well, if they reject him, unfortunately they reject salvation-it was still their choice. God will not possess people, only the devil does that. He will not cross the line with people.

I think the devil doesn't think that people will live hellisious lifes and still choice Christ. But their are many who suffer for the name of Christ and continue to serve Him, because He has never let them down. The devil blinds the eyes of many to believe that they don't need Jesus and they live life accordingly. It is truely the devil who wants to take as many people to hell for the soul reason that we are created in the image of God and he can not stand it, so he loves to destroy, kill and steal as much as he can.

Many have the consept of God wrong. God is good and the devil is bad.

God gives EVERYONE the opportunity to know Him. and it is still their choice to accept or reject Him. look at abraham as an example. he was raised in a religion that worshipped many gods. there were no christians to witness, no missionaries, nothing. yet God Himself revealed Himself to abraham, and abraham recognized it as the VOICE of the one and only living God, and left his family and friends (with the exception of his wife) and his community, his religion, his culture, to follow God's commands. he didn't go to hell.

as candi pointed out, scripture says "i stand at the door and knock". it's up to each of us to OPEN that door. EVERYONE is given the opportunity to know God.

Guest Lilith_Voodoo

The bible cant possibly be true. Its as simple as that. If you actually THINK about what its telling you its obviously just a bunch of storys. I believe there is a god but the bible is obviously not his or hers message to us. Their are so many reasons that it cant be true but I wont list them unless I have to. Think about it yourselves its incredibly obvious unless you are too colse minded to see the truth. im not trying to be rude or attack anyones faith but people need to think about what they're reading.