• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

A Steve mcqeen started this thread but aralia has taken the helm. So tell me aralia, did you decide to post on WB for the sole purpose to express you cynisisn and scepticism, or maybe to find out what christianity has to offer as opposed to atheism. You see before you can descry God, you first have to know something about Him and to do that we have to put our pride aside for a while and seek for some answers.

Most of us on this board have had to, but we have had to cross certain barriers, the first is pride. we have had to humble ourselves and open our hearts so that He can reveal himself to us. No pont in saying, I'm not going to believe in God, for this or that reason. Put your pride in your pocket and ask Him, from your heart, not your mouth , to reveal himself to you. He did for me after about 60 years of only using His name as a cuss word. Try it and you might be surprised. I was and so was Wayne and a host of others on this board. :noidea:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

A Steve mcqeen started this thread but aralia has taken the helm. So tell me aralia, did you decide to post on WB for the sole purpose to express you cynisisn and scepticism, or maybe to find out what christianity has to offer as opposed to atheism. You see before you can descry God, you first have to know something about Him and to do that we have to put our pride aside for a while and seek for some answers.

Most of us on this board have had to, but we have had to cross certain barriers, the first is pride. we have had to humble ourselves and open our hearts so that He can reveal himself to us. No pont in saying, I'm not going to believe in God, for this or that reason. Put your pride in your pocket and ask Him, from your heart, not your mouth , to reveal himself to you. He did for me after about 60 years of only using His name as a cuss word. Try it and you might be surprised. I was and so was Wayne and a host of others on this board. :noidea:

=) Yep, I came here because I wanted to display my cynicism and scepticism.

I have done this "ask God to heal your sins" crap. DOesn't work.

It simply does not work.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

It simply does not work.

Yes it does, my friend.

I'm living proof!

:)

t.

It simply does not work.

Yes it does, my friend.

I'm living proof!

:)

t.

Something tells me you were more of a "rebel" atheist than a scientific one.

Edited by Arialia

ariela, God FORGIVES our sins. He may or may not HEAL us from infirmities, and as for addictions or sinful lifestyles, He may choose instant deliverance for some, while others He may allow to go through a painful recovery process. you may wonder why he'd allow someone a painful recovery from their addictions... well, there's an old cliche my mom used to use.... what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. and i firmly believe that deliverance is generally reserved for those who God knows don't have TIME for a slow recovery.... because they'd die in their lifestyle before it happened. God is merciful.

those who go through painful recoveries often make the best counselors (trained or untrained) that can help others through their recovery, or who can lead the addict to Jesus.

if that 'crap' as you call it didn't work for you, i'd like to ask you a couple of questions... were you sincere when you tried it, or did you try it half-heartedly with a negative, defeatist atttitude? if you were sincere and struggled through a difficult recovery, did you bother to put your trust in Jesus to get you through it? or did you simply give up on both yourself and on Him when it got a little rough?

you see, God won't heal someone who doesn't want to be healed... just like He won't grant you access to heaven if you really don't want to accept His eternal gift.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Worked for me too.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well spoken LadyC...and nice to see again. How is your daughter? I will remember her in my prayers.

hi Wayne! both daughters are doing fairly well, given their circumstances. the oldest has returned safely back from iraq, but she drinks way too much, she still dabbles in the occult, and her marriage is rather rocky. my youngest daughter's marriage is also rocky, made rockier by living with her mormon in-laws, but she's turning out to be a fabulous mom! they could both use lots of daily prayers. i'll PM you with a link to some photos :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Lilith Voodoo,

And how did you come to the conclusion that the bible is false and we are obviously close minded for believing it?

The bible is living and it is real. It is spirit and it is life to those who trust in it. If you haven't experienced God first hand and experience God and His Word first hand-=who are you to judge? You don't know me well enough to say I'm closed minded, I've lived life apart from the Lord and I've experienced life with him and I'd make the same choice over again. The devil had nothing to offer me but to kill steal and destroy me. I chose life. I chose for Him to speak to me through His Word and He is as real to me as you are. I've experienced miracles, healings and a true relationship, just for trusting in Him and when I die, I will live for eternity with Him. What does the devil have to offer, nothing, deception and hell, he will deceive his followers to believe he will give them stuff, but it's all deception, he wants your soul as well as everyone else.

I'm sorry, it is impossible for anyone to convince me that the bible is not true or God doesn't exist-

I pray you will find God and the Love that He has for you.

blessings

candi

ariela, God FORGIVES our sins. He may or may not HEAL us from infirmities, and as for addictions or sinful lifestyles, He may choose instant deliverance for some, while others He may allow to go through a painful recovery process. you may wonder why he'd allow someone a painful recovery from their addictions... well, there's an old cliche my mom used to use.... what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. and i firmly believe that deliverance is generally reserved for those who God knows don't have TIME for a slow recovery.... because they'd die in their lifestyle before it happened. God is merciful.

those who go through painful recoveries often make the best counselors (trained or untrained) that can help others through their recovery, or who can lead the addict to Jesus.

if that 'crap' as you call it didn't work for you, i'd like to ask you a couple of questions... were you sincere when you tried it, or did you try it half-heartedly with a negative, defeatist atttitude? if you were sincere and struggled through a difficult recovery, did you bother to put your trust in Jesus to get you through it? or did you simply give up on both yourself and on Him when it got a little rough?

you see, God won't heal someone who doesn't want to be healed... just like He won't grant you access to heaven if you really don't want to accept His eternal gift.

I was sincere.

People do stupid things sometimes, I know. Like pray to a God they know doesn't exist.

I was sincere.

People do stupid things sometimes, I know. Like pray to a God they know doesn't exist.

if YOU know that the god you prayed to doesn't exist, then you weren't seeking the God i know, and yes, that was indeed stupid.

but when i pray, it's to THE God that i know without a doubt DOES exist. even still, i also do stupid things sometimes... like when i think i can handle things or change things by my own power, and don't bother to pray. that's really stupid of me. but God is good, He never fails to make me figure out really quick how truly powerless i am. then i humble myself before Him in prayer, and He smooths out even the roughest road. He doesn't make it perfect, roses don't suddenly bloom in front of me with each step i take, but he definitely irons out the rough spots and fills in the potholes so i can safely navigate through life.