• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Oh MAN here we go again... :b:

What do you see when you look at your image of Christ?

Hi man,

Are you asking this of Pax personally? :) 'Cause I already answered it.

F

:wub:

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh MAN here we go again... :b:

Hi man,

F

Yes I would like his answer to be his own.

But if you would...could you tell me what you see when you look at your image of Christ?

Oh MAN here we go again... ;)

Hi man,

F

Yes I would like his answer to be his own.

But if you would...could you tell me what you see when you look at your image of Christ?

See post #478.

:b:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Oh MAN here we go again... :)

A visible reminder of Christ and his sufferring which he did for us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Why would a mass in latin be beneficial to anyone? It is a dead language, after all. Seems like an exercise in religiosity to me. As we are called to reach the nations for Christ, I see no evangelical reason for it whatsoever...who is going to be reached for salvation in Jesus Christ using a dead language? Who or what is served in it?

My friend when I was in the service I had the oppportnuity to travel in many parts of the world. I went to mass in Spain with afew of my buddies and although the sermon was in Spainish the missile in the pew was in Latin and Spanish, and the priest celebrated the mass in Latin,since I knew the Latin for the mass since young boy I was able to follow the service, to be truthful with you I was sorry to see that change. I couldn't think of a reason for it. I am no longer walking in The Catholic Tradition, but my son and his do, also some of my sisters and her family do. Now when I go to mass with my grandsons it is the language of the parish they attend mass at,for example Polish parish Polish etc. Now I would be lost altogether. Love in Christ littlejoe

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Latin is beautiful. The Lord's Prayer in Latin brings me to tears. Even though my mind can't understand the words, I believe that's my spirit which knows these were words spoken by our Lord. Christ didn't speak them in Latin, but He spoke their meaning.

Romans 8:24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is "seen is not hope", for why does one still hope for what he sees?

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, "not by sight".

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things "not seen".

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we do not look at things which are seen, but at the things which are "not seen"

Why do you need a visable reminder of Christ? Do you need an image in order for you to believe?

The bible is filled with verse upon verse upon verse that warns us against the things that you do. Someone said that we aren't held to the standards of the OT. Did the mind of God change? Are His judgements somehow less harsh because He gave us His Son to die in our place?

Kissing the feet of your image is kissing the feet of an abomination. When you touch your image and pray to that image, you are praying to a lesser god.

No one knows what Christ looks like. He is the image of the Father and no one knows what the Father looks like. It states this many times in the bible. No one has seen the face of God.

Nowhere in the bible will you find justification for your images. You will find however, many passages that tell you, straight out, that these things are wrong.

You can talk about "tradition" till you're blue in the face, but you'll never find justification.

Romans 8:24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is "seen is not hope", for why does one still hope for what he sees?

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, "not by sight".

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things "not seen".

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we do not look at things which are seen, but at the things which are "not seen"

Why do you need a visable reminder of Christ? Do you need an image in order for you to believe?

The bible is filled with verse upon verse upon verse that warns us against the things that you do. Someone said that we aren't held to the standards of the OT. Did the mind of God change? Are His judgements somehow less harsh because He gave us His Son to die in our place?

Kissing the feet of your image is kissing the feet of an abomination. When you touch your image and pray to that image, you are praying to a lesser god.

No one knows what Christ looks like. He is the image of the Father and no one knows what the Father looks like. It states this many times in the bible. No one has seen the face of God.

Nowhere in the bible will you find justification for your images. You will find however, many passages that tell you, straight out, that these things are wrong.

You can talk about "tradition" till you're blue in the face, but you'll never find justification.

Hi man,

I've stated the teaching of the RCC as is my intent in this thread. I won't try to prove to you that I am right.

I respect your opinion, but I know my own heart. I don't pray to "that image". I pray to Jesus Christ, my living Lord.

God bless you,

Fiosh

:)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

2) Would he read the scriptures and beleive that he needed to talk to dead people to be intercessors of his prayers? If yes, what verse or verses would reveal this to him?

2 Dead people - Need to research...

Please allow me to answer this one Fiosh.

Please refer to Revelation 8

3 And another angel came, and stood before the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer of the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar, which is before the throne of God.

4 And the smoke of the incense of the prayers of the saints ascended up before God from the hand of the angel.

The saints referred to in the above verses are people who are with God, yes, dead people, and their prayers ascend to God like incense. They are praying on our behalf.

Hope that answer your query Artsylady.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Latin is beautiful. The Lord's Prayer in Latin brings me to tears. Even though my mind can't understand the words, I believe that's my spirit which knows these were words spoken by our Lord. Christ didn't speak them in Latin, but He spoke their meaning.

I am happy that you get something beautiful from it. I studied Latin for 5 yrs and do love it also. But in God's House, where the unsaved come, it does nothing to enlighten them. It's like, "Come to my house and visit, but I don't want you to enter into my conversations with my Dad, or hear what He has to say to us, because you aren't really a part of us!" It seems in this day and age, where evangelization of the world is so urgent, that we could easily dispense with these religious trappings, and be a Church with the zeal to harvest the nations! Jesus is coming, folks, and He wants us to get the message out---plainly! ---with the same simplicity that He brought!