• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

So let me explain:

This past Sunday, some from my church gathered together and split into groups and then went to a festival to outreach to others. We distributed free water bottles, balloons, and flowers, along with a card that said "You matter to God" and had our church info.

Once we were finished, our group walked through the festival and noticed two men together, one saying things and one carrying a sign that basically listed sins God will condemn people for.

Our outreach was positive, and then we witnessed this negative outreach. The pastor of my church was actually in my group, and he said that what we were doing as outreach was more effective. I agree with him.

What do you think is more effective as outreach---a positive message or a negative one? Have you participated in a positive or negative outreach effort? What was the result?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217

I would think that it has to be mixed because without knowing that you are sinning you have no need for a saviour. But you can't come off like YOU want the people to go to hell either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well put, Speckles.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

I would think that it has to be mixed because without knowing that you are sinning you have no need for a saviour. But you can't come off like YOU want the people to go to hell either.

Very much agreed, people need to know that we all need Jesus, and why, but the love should be focused on, the rest is kind of details, or case by case basis.....

crabs><>

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The coming generation is more damaged than any generation in history. We will have to work very hard at estaplishing trust before we can share truth. If we claim God loves them, we better be able to demonstrate that with our lives

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It don't matter if ya tap dance and preach, preach and ride a bike, play music, preach hell, preach heaven, negative, positive..........just plant a seed and let God draw'm in.

It's just awesome that both those groups was out telling people about Jesus. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232

John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It don't matter if ya tap dance and preach, preach and ride a bike, play music, preach hell, preach heaven, negative, positive..........just plant a seed and let God draw'm in.

It's just awesome that both those groups was out telling people about Jesus. :emot-hug:

But both groups weren't telling about Jesus. The people holding the sign were just spewing condemnation. That's it. :(

And for other responses, I agree that we need to share the whole Gospel message. However, before people will listen, they need to know that they are loved by God and accepted by those who claim to love God. We should not be threatening people with Hell, but drawing them to Christ's love, the Holy Spirit working in us. Only then once they know they are loved by God and accepted by believers can we share why they need Christ in the first place---to be forgiven of sin and have life.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

We should not be threatening people with Hell, but drawing them to Christ's love, the Holy Spirit working in us. Only then once they know they are loved by God and accepted by believers can we share why they need Christ in the first place---to be forgiven of sin and have life.

It is his love that keeps us from hell.....man's problem is sin, judgment of sin is hell......man's solution is the love of Christ who shed his blood that we could escape hell. The 2 go hand in hand.

Notice when men preach in the New Test.......they preached repentance and the reality is...if they don't repent, turning to Christ, hell will be their eternal home.

However, one time a guy I didn't know came up to me and said "you are going to hell". I said why? he said "because you have long hair"........I told him "the next time he wants to witness to someone tell them about Jesus" and I said "what if I would go home, cut my hair and die?" I;d still go to hell because I don't have Christ.

If these people are out there just saying your all going to hell and don't present the good news of Christ, then the message is void...........if that is what they were doing, then I agree.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I must agree we need abit of both sides of the fence, yet I must say

I retract abit when encountering condemnation type.

God Bless!

:thumbsup: