IGNORED

Magic

secondeve

If the Bible is the holy and inerrant word of God, which transcends the faults of men, then I have the following questions about your defence:

1. How could the language or meaning have been corrupted by human scribes? If it had been altered by human scribes, doesn't that mean that the Bible has been influenced by man, and so is therefore potentially errant?

2. Why are the time periods in which the books were written relevent, if God is the ultimate author? Surely the perfection of his word would transcend earthly errors or confusions?

And my answer is:

1. Innerrancy does not apply to every copy, only the text. Whenever you read something that seems like a contradiction you must consider two things-1)The translators did not copy exactly what they were supposed to & 2)you failed to understand it.

2. You are talking as if the Bible "evolved" slowly & each of the copies today are the newer version of it. Actually, the Greek & Hebrew scripts are the only most trustworthy texts we can read from. Now, the KJV & NASB may have "contradictions" but, that does not mean The whole Bible is False. If it said "Jesus is God's only son" & then it said "Jesus is God's second son" that would be a contradiction but the list you gave is all words that are easily mistaken, &, as I said in my last post, they could mean seven things.

Go With God,

GWG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

All I know is that Ouija boards are freakin spooky. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

All I know is that Ouija boards are freakin spooky. :noidea:

:21: I agree.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Magic is sorcery, and it is forbidden by God. Dabbling in it will contribute to your eternal demise. There is very real power, evil power--can't compare to the power of God, mind you, but there is power there that comes from demonic sources. We are to flee it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

As explained above, this idea of 'magic' has always confused me. What can people tell me about why God allowed magic to be in the world if it is abhorrent to him, or why men can wield it if he wants us not to be magicians; what activities 'count' as magic; and what 'spirits,' which I've heard more than one person refer to, are - angels, demons, or energy?

MAGIC, WITCHCRAFT, SORCERY, DIVINATION, FORTUNE TELLING: ALL IS SIN!!!! Plain and simple!! They come straight from Satan and his demons, that is why it is an abomnination to God. God tells us strictly not to have anything to do with it. If we dabble in any part of it we have sinned because He instructs us not to have any part of it.

Revelation 21:8

Edited by JIME

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

Magic is sorcery, and it is forbidden by God. Dabbling in it will contribute to your eternal demise. There is very real power, evil power--can't compare to the power of God, mind you, but there is power there that comes from demonic sources. We are to flee it.

:th_praying::thumbsup: AMEN!!!! I AGREE!!!!! :thumbsup::th_praying:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

If magic weren't real, I don't think God would have bothered warning us about it in the Bible. I don't think it happens like in Harry Potter, for instance, where people go around with sticks, say some words in (bad) Latin, and POOF! Magic! But I do think magic (channeled much differently) is real.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If magic weren't real, I don't think God would have bothered warning us about it in the Bible. I don't think it happens like in Harry Potter, for instance, where people go around with sticks, say some words in (bad) Latin, and POOF! Magic! But I do think magic (channeled much differently) is real.

Or he could be warning you not to persue magic because it doesn't exist, and would be a waste of time and even dangerous considering sometimes Magic asks for blood sacrifices. lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

A little story related to this subject:

For my first daughters 7th birthday party we decided to hire a magician to come out and do a show. My Southern Baptist mother-in-law protested to the point she refused to attend. My wife and I thought she was over-reacting and decided to proceed.

The magician comes out and does his show. Innocent card tricks and things like that. The kids loved it. After the party we continued to think mom-in-law was out of bounds with her reaction.

A few weeks later, we were watching a Dallas news channel. A story came on about a group of witches who were protesting for their rights at city hall. One of them was shown standing in front of the city council speaking on the witches behalf and was said to be their leader. Guess who it was? Yep, our friendly magician!

We couldn't believe it and were REALLY glad my wife's mom wasn't watching that newscast with us. She would have NEVER let us forget it. :whistling:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

As explained above, this idea of 'magic' has always confused me. What can people tell me about why God allowed magic to be in the world if it is abhorrent to him, or why men can wield it if he wants us not to be magicians; what activities 'count' as magic; and what 'spirits,' which I've heard more than one person refer to, are - angels, demons, or energy?

secondeve,

It is my belief and opinion that magic is not real at all and is only and illusion of the mind or a trick played on the mind by using sleight of hand. I do not believe that magicians are guided or influenced by demonic angels or fallen spirits in the least. As I have stated magic is an illusion of the mind a trick played on the mind. As things appear to be one way but in reality they are not so your mind is tricked into thinking something that is in reality not the case.

Magic is looked down upon by God because it causes His people to go astray after things that are false as they are decieved by others as even it says in Ephesians 4 that even the devil and his minions lie in wait by the sleight of men and cunning craftieness whereby they lie in wait in order to decieve or turn aside others through illusions the sleight of hand.

The magicians in Pharaoh's day mimiced the the plagues of Moses trying to disillusion the peoples belief in Jehovah God who had come to Pharoah to let His people go and to dishearten the hearts of both Moses and Aaron to where they would turn aside from God and give up. But there came a time where the magicians could no longer mimic the plagues of God as they was all out of there bags of tricks. And it say in the book Timothy that Jannes and Jambores were the two magicians that withstood Moses and the new testament Paul called them "Silly" women. And truly you are a silly woman if you try to withstand God on anything because it will come your time sooner or later and you will not be able to withstand Him and your foolish magicians tricks will fail you.

There are so many decievers in this world as the word of God tells us that are bewitching the minds of so many with the things they say and try to convince others of and this is nothing more than illussions and tricks being performed without a deck of cards of some pigieons to make disappear of making a rabbit come out of a hat. Simple truth is God don't like others leading His sheep astray by decieving their minds into believing something is true when in fact it is a falsehood and illusions created only to lead astray and deceive. That is whay God hates magaicians, astrologers, star gazers, necromancy and all forms of the occult for all of these things are only illussions and they are not real they are just a floating ball in mid air only held their in mid air with fine thread in which is hard to see from a distant it is nothing more than illusion fake.

All of the magicians astrologers and such and not real things in which is truth found in and are dead no life in them. there is life only in the one true and living God Jehovah the Great I Am besides Him there is no other. As Satan uses these things in order to seduce and lead astray gettting people to believe in other things any thing but the Lord.

But the decievers and seducers of this old world will only wax worse decieving and being deceived further in their own lives as the word also says in the book of Timothy about them.

I am glad that I have the word so with the Lord's help I want be lead astray after the "SILLINESS" of the Jannes's and Jambores' of this old sinful world here below as they lie in wait to decieve and bewitch the minds of God's chosen people creating illusions from whatever they can causesing God's children to go astray and I can tell you firsthand God does not like it or approve of it and their will come and end to the silly games of Satan and all of his followers.

OC