• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I totally know what you are saying to Lori, Marnie. I had to overcome huge obstacles and I think you have read about them regarding addiction, physical, mental and emotional abuse. The addiction left me homeless and living on a system that could care less about me. I worked very very hard to get out from under the strong hold of the government programs and even after that I have struggled to get by. So I totally understand...from a different perspective of course.

It is a hard life, and we live in a hard world. It is easy to mistrust and to jump to conclusions that someone might be mean or that someone is whining and not willing to do anything to help themselves out of the condition their life is in.

God helped us get out of the hard ships we endured. It really is funny to see how people who overcome such things as you and I have can have such extreme differences of opinion and points of view..and from what I see neither of us is really wrong. Accept maybe in the manner we represent ourselves to others.

There isn't much about me that is soft...except my heart.

Have a blessed evening.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I totally know what you are saying to Lori, Marnie. I had to overcome huge obstacles and I think you have read about them regarding addiction, physical, mental and emotional abuse. The addiction left me homeless and living on a system that could care less about me. I worked very very hard to get out from under the strong hold of the government programs and even after that I have struggled to get by. So I totally understand...from a different perspective of course.

It is a hard life, and we live in a hard world. It is easy to mistrust and to jump to conclusions that someone might be mean or that someone is whining and not willing to do anything to help themselves out of the condition their life is in.

God helped us get out of the hard ships we endured. It really is funny to see how people who overcome such things as you and I have can have such extreme differences of opinion and points of view..and from what I see neither of us is really wrong. Accept maybe in the manner we represent ourselves to others.

There isn't much about me that is soft...except my heart.

Have a blessed evening.

Amen, Jackie. Thanks for sharing that, I did not know any of your story. Truth is, we are probably much alike, you and I. The Lord bless you.

Maybe that is why we seem to bang heads more than come into agreement with one another.

blessings Marnie, you will remain in my prayers

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I'm pretty new here and I read all the different posts in this thread and I would have to say Marnie that you aren't a very nice person.

Maybe you need to get off your own asset and find something to do besides climbing up the assets of others ;)

I would have to say that's quite a statement, considering you don't know me. Are you exercising a gift of the Spirit?

No, they don't Marnie no, they don't know you at all. I agree with everything you said within the post as I have read it all the way from the start to the end. It's tough love sometimes it hurts but we do have it so good here in America. I to like you do not like the pillow prophets who slumber and sleep and prophesy out of their imaginations and have heard nothing from the Lord.

They like to tag on the Lord's name like you say when God never said anything. God is a holy God no doubt and their is wickedness all around in America but there is so much good just as you say and so much opportunity if one would but reach out and embrace it. there is no reason one should have to be without.

So many of the street people are there just like you say because they choose to be. many have chosen to be like that because they drop out of the system simply because they didn't like it. it's irresponsibility is all it is. I've been on the streets of NYC myself and have talked to the street people there and their biggest grip is the system and the politicians but it's not true it is them not taking personal responsibility for their ownselves and they are chosing the easy way instead. I've been to David Wilkerson church in Time Square met him personally myself and talked with him and he is doing something about it as he works with all kinds of people drug addict etc. making a difference in people's lives.

if a real prophet of God really is seeing things from God I haven't seen one yet that wasn't compelled to do something besides talk. they got up and went in the fervor of the Lord with that message burning in their hearts trying to make a difference in someones life. I don't believe all the things that come down the pike myself and don't care for the prophets that prophesy their dreams that most of the time do not match up to the word in any form. God has foretold the future of the nations in his word and it will not change because people can't see passed the wrongs to see all the rights in this world there are still righteous people in America and I like you do not like being lumped into their mentality and opinions of America and when you pick on America you are picking on me as I am an American born and breed as they say.

God is still working in American and hasn't turned his back on his people who are in this country. God is still revealing things to his people in visions and dreams personally as he is preparing their hearts and speaking things to them personally and not for everyone else. But if one doesn't love this country then they should consider seriously leaving it because you don't have to stay.

I wonder why they would stay in a place that they say is so vile and wicked that God judgment is going to come on it. If I had these so called dreams of judgment coming and knew from God himself that it was going to happen. Then I would think seriously about going to a place of safety it would be kind of foolish to stay knowing hell fire and brimestone was on the way to the very place that I was at and living. But they stay in the comfort of their homes unalarmed and unmoved by the Spirit they say has shown them all these terrible things coming right to their own country. When the righteous are taken out the wicked pass on and do not see the destruction that is ahead. But the righteous are still here aren't they.

Marnie I like your fervor I like your zeal and I like your backbone and I like your stand and I like your "spunk" most of all.

(that fire been shutup in your bones a while huh ;)

OC

Thanks OC, and y'all. You know, it occurs to me that we are all different; we all have different gifts and different ways of expressing ourselves. At the end of the day, though, personal differences aside, we do all love the Lord more than anything and I know we want the best for our families, our friends and ourselves. Let's just pray that the glory of G-d would be revealed in our lives; how we live day to day, how we treat people and so on. In a thousand little ways I want people to see Jesus in me, and I know that's what you all want to.

And that's really what matters.

Right on Marnie! As you so eloquently stated we are all different in how we see some things...But we are likeminded where it is most important and that is in the fact that we ALL believe in the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

In this we all stand firm and never waiver nor compromise. It is in this quality that we will all see the Face of God and all dine together at the wedding feast. And at that time Marnie you will be restored to speak, I will no longer battle daily with keeping myself on the straight and narrow and away from the temptations that satan throws my way..for the record I have not used drugs for a very long time, but there are days when the pressures of life are so hard that it would be very easy to drown my memories in drugs to hide from the pain. Christ delivered me from active addiction. He delivers us all from the thorns of our flesh. The coming of His Glory will be His final deliverance for us once and for all.

Until then let us all remain in Him and uphold one another.

Please, please, please do not over-generalize churches to this extent. Perhaps some are this way, perhaps many, but not mine. We very vehemently oppose sin, and we are very vocal about it. We reach out to as many people as we can with our meager resources. We go out on visitation in the community handing out tracts, magazines and sharing the gospel with people.

Right on! We do what we can with what we have! Our church is not big either, but we are pretty active the community and making a difference, one soul at a time. "We may not be many, but we serve a mighty Lord. When we pray we learn to see that His army is marching on their knees."

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254

I want to say here that I am proud to be a citizen of a country that is hated by most of the world for being too fundamental in it's attitude (red states) towards the Bible and Christian values.

God Bless America

Dan

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I am proud of this country to for our good things, and we have many good things. I am also ashamed of this country for how we act our basic lack of self-control and self-restraint in almost everything, basically hedonism. I mean I don't blame Muslims for wanting to block things like MTV from their countries, this is what they see of the US. Then we talk about spreading the Gospel to Muslim countries, but what do they see? Their people don't have one million abortions per year, 50% of their marriages DON