IGNORED

Jesus-myth or "copycat savior" myth refuted.

tdrehfal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I have over the last several months been doing research over the internet about the theory that Jesus somehow

was some copycat or myth. If you do your research objectively to find truth, without personal bias, you will come

to the same conclusion that I have. Many people, from what I have read, have asserted that demons or the like

"knew what was coming" and "Satan as counterfeting the true" based on these assertions of supposed "similarities"

between our faith and others. What I HAVE found is a more simplistic answer, albeit hard to swallow by most.

The claims of this are simply outright lies; they hold no basis in reality whatsover. The people that write books

of this nature may indeed be inspired by a spirit of antchrist or demons, but regardless, they are simply liars,

twisting things to an absurd extent. A legendary god that came from a rock to the people that write books such

as these (which convenientily appeal to the masses that wish to deny christ and they know will sell) is equated with

"The virgin birth." In other words, some stupid legend about how some god came out of a rock is evidence that

it is a direct parallel to beliefs of christianity. It's insane. But it makes money, appeals to atheist, the "sciientific"

and the majority of society. Appealing to our common sense and objectively and factually evaluating the claims

of these so-called scholars will lead us to no other conclusion that these people are just a bunch of fanatical liars.

I'd be hard pressed to make a decision wether or not even THEY believe what they write. But money being a

factor, In the form of selling books to the masses, I suppose, this is irellevant to them.

God Bless.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

What book are you talking about?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

What book are you talking about?

No ONE book in particular, i'm talking more about a concept of thought-twisting and truth-twisting than one particular book

although they all employ these concepts. But an example would be "The God who wasn't there", some video or DVD

that claims to (according to some atheists) prove that Jesus never existed. There are also things like "The Jesus Seminar".

Which may be more based on ignorance and human arrogance than a deliberate intention to lie... maybe. Then there's

things like the "Christ conspiracy" and the ever popular Da Vinci Code...

Major point being not the works themselves individually as though one in particular is superior but that they all have a commanlity among them... They twist the truth or just blatantly lie to the exent of absurdity.

Edited by tdrehfal

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I have over the last several months been doing research over the internet about the theory that Jesus somehow

was some copycat or myth. If you do your research objectively to find truth, without personal bias, you will come

to the same conclusion that I have. Many people, from what I have read, have asserted that demons or the like

"knew what was coming" and "Satan as counterfeting the true" based on these assertions of supposed "similarities"

between our faith and others. What I HAVE found is a more simplistic answer, albeit hard to swallow by most.

The claims of this are simply outright lies; they hold no basis in reality whatsover. The people that write books

of this nature may indeed be inspired by a spirit of antchrist or demons, but regardless, they are simply liars,

twisting things to an absurd extent. A legendary god that came from a rock to the people that write books such

as these (which convenientily appeal to the masses that wish to deny christ and they know will sell) is equated with

"The virgin birth." In other words, some stupid legend about how some god came out of a rock is evidence that

it is a direct parallel to beliefs of christianity. It's insane. But it makes money, appeals to atheist, the "sciientific"

and the majority of society. Appealing to our common sense and objectively and factually evaluating the claims

of these so-called scholars will lead us to no other conclusion that these people are just a bunch of fanatical liars.

I'd be hard pressed to make a decision wether or not even THEY believe what they write. But money being a

factor, In the form of selling books to the masses, I suppose, this is irellevant to them.

God Bless.

I'm very interested in your research.

Did you happen to come across what the pagan philosopher and satirist Celsus said?

"Are these distinctive happenings unique to the Christians- and if so, how are they unique? Or are ours to be accounted myths and theirs believed? What reasons do the Christians give for the distinctiveness of their beliefs? In truth there is nothing at all unusual about what the Christians believe, except that they believe it to the exclusion of more comprehensive truths about God."

And were the words of the Church father, Tertullian, included in your research?

"The devil, whose business is to pervert the truth, mimics the exact circumstances of the Divine Sacraments. He baptizes his believers and promises forgiveness of sins for the Sacred Fount, and thereby initiates them into the religion of Mithras. This he celebrates the oblation of bread, and brings in the symbol of the ressurection. Let us therefore acknowledge the craftiness of the devil, who copies certain things of those that be Divine."

The dogma of the pagans had been going on well before the birth of Christ, yet this early church father has decided that it was the devil that created these religions in anticipation of the birth of Christ in order to fool us. I'm sure you have discovered that the apologetics to the assertion that Christianity is based on pagan religions is erroneous all around. So why did this church father not say as much? Instead, he decided to blame the devil for creating religions that mirrored Christianity. In the second century, the church didn't see the difference that the church sees nowadays.

Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

They still don't to this day.

k

It is irritating, but don't let this junk give you cause to stumble.

This has been going for centuries. I know who God is...you know who God is. Don't let these people get under your skin.

God knows who His children are, and as long as we keep the faith, He will never abandon us.

As you said, most of it is about the money. Greed is a powerful magnet and has blinded countless multitudes to the truth. All we can really do is keep our guard up and when given the opportunity, expose those lies.

I won't read any other book than the bible. I do not want to risk the chance that something in one of those books will draw my attention away from the truth. The Lord gave us the Word, and I believe we should stick to that Word. Anything else is someone else's interpretation.

It is irritating, but don't let this junk give you cause to stumble.

This has been going for centuries. I know who God is...you know who God is. Don't let these people get under your skin.

God knows who His children are, and as long as we keep the faith, He will never abandon us.

As you said, most of it is about the money. Greed is a powerful magnet and has blinded countless multitudes to the truth. All we can really do is keep our guard up and when given the opportunity, expose those lies.

I won't read any other book than the bible. I do not want to risk the chance that something in one of those books will draw my attention away from the truth. The Lord gave us the Word, and I believe we should stick to that Word. Anything else is someone else's interpretation.

How is evidence interpretation?

If the truth is spoken by those devoted to Christ, then one must take seriously that which is spoken by the early church.

k

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

"Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

They still don't to this day."

You must not have ever talked to a Jew who believed in Jesus as Messiah then.

"Interestingly, the Hebrews never believed in a messiah like Jesus, never believed in a devil, never believed in hell, and certainly never believed in pagan stories of a God-Man that died for the sins of the world.

They still don't to this day."

You must not have ever talked to a Jew who believed in Jesus as Messiah then.

I have. I wasn't talking about Jews who believe that now. I was talking about Abraham, David, Moses, Noah, people like that.

None of them had ever heard of a devil or hell.

k

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I really don't feel it's money promotion that is at the root!

I simply feel that the atheist mind drives them to search

out others that have similar thoughts. The more people

they get to agree with them the more they feel they must

be right. And if they can cause a Christian to stumble then

the atheist feels triumphant.

Like someone has stated this has been going on and will

continue to go on till the end time.

Why would a atheist care one way or another if God exists

hmm simple if they are wrong then they are going to hell

and misery loves company!

Is God forcing the atheist to come to Him, no ofcourse not!

Are Christians forcing atheist to turn to God , ofcourse not!

So let them write their books all they want and make their

movies in the end God will have final judgement on them!

God Bless!

:)

I really don't feel it's money promotion that is at the root!

I simply feel that the atheist mind drives them to search

out others that have similar thoughts. The more people

they get to agree with them the more they feel they must

be right. And if they can cause a Christian to stumble then

the atheist feels triumphant.

Like someone has stated this has been going on and will

continue to go on till the end time.

Why would a atheist care one way or another if God exists

hmm simple if they are wrong then they are going to hell

and misery loves company!

Is God forcing the atheist to come to Him, no ofcourse not!

Are Christians forcing atheist to turn to God , ofcourse not!

So let them write their books all they want and make their

movies in the end God will have final judgment on them!

God Bless!

:)

When I was a Christian, I would have chastised you in love.

What I would have said might have been something like this-

It is not up to you who will go to heaven. We are directed to love our enemy, because even the heathens can hate their enemies. How is that transcendental to human wisdom? Judgment is the Lord's, not yours. If you are without sin, then cast the first stone.

If we are directed to show God's love, which is for all, and judgment is not our place, then you are being prideful in your assessment and are slamming the door shut on some human beings simply because you have decided that they, in their curiosity, are not living up to your standards.

They will know us by our love.

Since I am not a Christian any longer, then I will ask you to try to show love in order to convince me that the purpose of this board isn't just about some stupid intellectual argument that you seek to win, but all about me and my salvation, because, so far, you are falling well short of your directive.

Were I still a Christian, I would be suggesting that you realize that you are telling the world that Christians are hateful. Since I'm an atheist, I'm telling you that, if you are indeed a Christian, what makes you different from any other person who dislikes anyone who disagrees?

k

k