• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

From larry2,

Dear Eric, I wish yes or no would surfice, but the point I tried to make was that all sin is considered sin with God; if you're guilty of one sin, you are guilty of all if you are looking to pay in hell for it if not confessed. James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Yes I believe that if I get killed speeding, I am still saved.

God bless you in Jesus' name - larry 2

So do I Larry, but what about the serial killer who gets shot whilst he just finiished murdering some one, who was once genuine when he repented and became born again?

pardon for my intrusion

I Thought I'd add in that A genuine christian wouldnt become a serial killer.

and you made a small mistake

who was once genuine when he repented and became born again?

If it is genuine he would follow the bible the rest of his life. You cant say it was genuine if he turns away from it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But the fact is our most egregious sins may be unknown to us, as they are a part of our basic nature they are so ingrained. Certainly the gross sins of the flesh are obvious and listed by Paul. But if all we had to do was not get drunk, divorced, whore around, party or commit adultery, well I would be a pretty good guy on that easy standard. But what about pride, how many people including myself even really know how much pride we have, and that is the sin of Satan himself, being puffed up. How about charity and love, do I really love others as myself? Really it is easy to say, but there is no way that I actually do, not deep down, I just like to think I do. So we are beyond repair, but praise God we were saved 2000 years ago. Those sins were wiped away even before I had faith, when I was still dead in trespasses, which I am as a sinner was wiped away. My faith leads me to grasp that and to live it and through living it attempt with all of my heart to please our Lord to compare my actions each day to the Commandments to beg forgiveness for sins known and unknown and to keep moving on to press forward. But it comes down to faith, without it it does not matter when where or what we claim about osas, with faith the debate is meaningless. If you don

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

From larry2,

Dear Eric, I wish yes or no would surfice, but the point I tried to make was that all sin is considered sin with God; if you're guilty of one sin, you are guilty of all if you are looking to pay in hell for it if not confessed. James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

So do I Larry, but what about the serial killer who gets shot whilst he just finiished murdering some one, who was once genuine when he repented and became born again?

pardon for my intrusion

If it is genuine he would follow the bible the rest of his life. You cant say it was genuine if he turns away from it

Thank you Zeiv, for your input. It seems that a lot of people say that if someone sins, they are not genuine born again believers.

So if Larry speeds illegally, thereby committing a sin . he is not a genuine born again believer, because he has just gone to great length to tell sis is sin, no matter of what level, and you have just implied that a christian wouldn't sin.

What about messrs Swaggart and Bakker were they not real born again believers, before they erred?..personally I think they were and mercifully, God allowed then enough time to repent, which they did publically, and I have to believe that God forgave them as recorded in 1John 1:9. However if they had not repented and had died in their sinful lifestyle, they would perish.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

From larry2,

Dear Eric, thanks for your reply, and I have listed a few verses where I believe you

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yeah.....right..... :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life . . . And this is the reason that I say if I died while speeding, or killing someone, I would still be saved.

Hello Larry2,

Now I think you are a bigger fruitloop than I am. If you only had proof of your words you might persuade me of the 2% that I need to turn my tide. All the scriptures you gave in your last post spoke the opposite of your words. As those scripures said you don't, but you say, oh yes you will. A soul sure can get messed up.

I can't help but to wonder and ask, Do you believe in living out your faith? Do you practice your faith that you say you have here?

As I don't peronally believe in having a "faith" in "theory" only.

curious

oc

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

You are delusional Larry. First of all, speeding is not breaking God's laws. It is a law of man, and if we break it, we have to pay the penalty, a speeding ticket and points on our license increasing our insurance premiums.

You are only partially correct here. God's word tells us:

Everyone must submit to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are instituted by God.

Romans 13:1 HCSB

So if there is a posted speed law, and we break it; we are not submitting to the governing authorities. We are in fact resisiting them. Thus we are in direct disobedience to Romans 13:1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

You are delusional Larry. First of all, speeding is not breaking God's laws. It is a law of man, and if we break it, we have to pay the penalty, a speeding ticket and points on our license increasing our insurance premiums.

You are only partially correct here. God's word tells us:

Everyone must submit to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are instituted by God.

Romans 13:1 HCSB

So if there is a posted speed law, and we break it; we are not submitting to the governing authorities. We are in fact resisiting them. Thus we are in direct disobedience to Romans 13:1

No question. Fender bender sin as it is, its still sin and to break one point of the law is to break the whole of the law. Speeding is absolutely a sin. So is not stopping completely at a stop sign. It is the law set by the Goverment. Its enough to send you to hell because God's standard is absolute perfection. No sin at all. So I have to ask those who believe in Yo Yo salvation if they have repented of their sinful driving habits. If you live here in Houston, I'm almost sure you haven't. Driving in Houstom almost requirres you to live in this sin. Sometime you die while in the act of commiting this sin.

Dan (sinner on wheels)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

No question. Fender bender sin as it is, its still sin and to break one point of the law is to break the whole of the law. Speeding is absolutely a sin. So is not stopping completely at a stop sign. It is the law set by the Goverment. Its enough to send you to hell because God's standard is absolute perfection. No sin at all. So I have to ask those who believe in Yo Yo salvation if they have repented of their sinful driving habits. If you live here in Houston, I'm almost sure you haven't. Driving in Houstom almost requirres you to live in this sin. Sometime you die while in the act of commiting this sin.

Dan (sinner on wheels)

There is no "Yo Yo Salvation". Usually people who don't understand make these kinds of statements. Playing with sin is like palying with fire. Eventually you will get burned. We are commanded to work out our salvation. That takes in repenting of our sins as we learn of them. Where Christians are going to lose their salvation is when they choose not repent and choose to keep their sins.

Ephesians 5:3-6 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

"let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints" This means after we have become Christians.

"hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God" This means that if I don't repent of these sins after I have become a Christian then I won't have any inheritance in the kingdom.

As we have seen in the scriptures that God's mercy is where he wants to show it. We have seen people struck dead for small sins and people forgiven for big ones. If I am striving to do what is right then God's mercy is with me, but if I want to play around with sin then I need to aks myself what is the next sin that I committ where God will take away my name out of the book of life.

So you have never commited a small sin and repented but found yourself doing it again the next day?

Yo Yo salvation is very acurate. I never said sin is something we should do. I said we do it.

What you don't seem to understand is that the sins you will commit today are enough to send you to hell. Is your righteousness greater than that of the pharasees? Trust me...these guys knew way more about God's law than you or I.

Dan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

From larry2,

pardon for my intrusion

Thank you Zeiv, for your input. It seems that a lot of people say that if someone sins, they are not genuine born again believers.

So if Larry speeds illegally, thereby committing a sin . he is not a genuine born again believer, because he has just gone to great length to tell sis is sin, no matter of what level, and you have just implied that a christian wouldn't sin.

No that is not what I am saying. Christians do sin. but if they willingly go and kill people until they are killed I doubt they were saved to be honest with you.

Being born again is not just asking God for forgivness it is a life change and willingness not to sin. if someone is consciously running around shooting people And saying they are save I would doubt them.

"Faith without works is dead,"

"Show me your faith without works, and I by my works will show you my faith. "