Guest Thirsty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

It is totally cool to say that a person should find a denomanation that preaches the bible and go to it. I agree. The problem is thou that every denomination thinks that they do go by the bible. Always in there statement of faith or beliefs or whatever they will say something like this- 'We believe the bible is the true, infalable (sorry know I spelled that wrong)word of God' or 'All scripture is God breathed and usefull for correction and bla,bla, bla. They all say they follow the bible. They also have just a differant view on what that is.

One denomination says----

You must be baptized to go to heaven, another----you don't

one says that the gifts of the Spirit are active today----another that they are not-------One says that you must take communion every week-------another does once a month--------One says you can't have instruments--- another says you can but must only sing from the hymnals----another has a live band with drums. guitar, ect.

One says you are baptized in the name of Jesus only------another in the fAther, son, and Holy Spirit.

One says---- Homosexuals are sinners and going to hell, another ordians them as ministers,

one says- you can't preach if you are a woman, another says it is fine

the list goes on and on and on. All differant churches all differant but say=

We follow the bible/    So, what is a person suppose to do with all that?

Hi cleaninglady ;)

First you get yourself a bible. Then you pray to God with genuine belief in Him and ask Him to help you understand His will. Then you read the bible slowly and intently. When you reach points of particular difficulty you pray to God again mentioning the part and asking Him again in genuine belief to help you understand that difficult passage. you continue doing this until you reach the end of the bible. Then you go throught the process again.

Now after this you will be able to look around and investigate the denominations. You must take what you discover about those denominations and put them up against the Bible. before you join a denomination you must be fully convinced in your conscience that the denomination conforms to the will of God that you have received from the bible.

Remember cleaninglady when we face God we will not face him in denominational groups. We will face Him as individuals. Paul told Christians:

Philippians 2:12

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

We have to take responsibility for our own response to the Word of God.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1986

nope not needed we are to be one body in Christ Jesus so when we have different denominations we are seperated

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/19/1958

Hello Adstar.

Seems to me with my slow rate of reading that I would take 2 or more years to read the bible through before looking for a church.Personaly I would rather find a church sooner than that.Sorry to butt in but this is a problem I am also having.Any suggestions would be a big help to me too.

Guest cleaninglady

Good question, that's the problem that I face. I figure out something in the church is wrong doctrine and so then I move to another one? I don't see any one church that is totaly correct in everything.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Is Non-Denominational a denomination? LOL yyyeeesss I think so. Any thoughts?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Is Non-Denominational a denomination? LOL yyyeeesss I think so. Any thoughts?

No, it is not...it is a pleading to restore the original New Testament Church to its foundation.

I am a Christian and go to a Christian Church--no denomination. They are all independant and self-governed by NT teachings.

Here are a few websites:

http://www.thecra.org/

http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/restmov.html

http://www.bible.acu.edu/crs/sites.html

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Oh. Thanks endure4salvation. Will take a look at that.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Adstar.

Seems to me with my slow rate of reading that I would take 2 or more years to read the bible through before looking for a church.Personaly I would rather find a church sooner than that.Sorry to butt in but this is a problem I am also having.Any suggestions would be a big help to me too.

Welcome to our baords DONIZZETT :t3:

Well at the very least i would read the 4 Gospels Brother before I though of joining a church. I suppose you can continue on reading ACTS to Revelation after you join a Church that

Guest cleaninglady

I totaly agree, non-denominational is a denomanation.

They teach a certain set of beliefs about the bible. For example, the 'Christian Church' we belonged to called itself non-denominational.

Yet, they had certain views on the bible and if you had a differant one you could believe it but you could also keep that view at home to yourself. The church did everything in a 'certain' way.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

My denomination is Christian...............saved by grace! :(