IGNORED

What is left to happen before the tribulation?

terter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Historically :24::noidea::24::24::laugh:

There has always been a concept of a tribulation before the Return of Christ, there still is today in the Roman and Eastern Churches .

I think the "rapture" idea is relatively new.

That is where I always thought the bone of contention was. Not the concept of a tribulation period

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

The phrase "rapture" is relatively new, but how can you state that the concept of what that word infers as new?

1 Thessalonians4:13-18

13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

That seems to be the passage that is referred to often when referring to the rapture. As to the tribulation and the 7 years, Daniel 9:27

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

is where that is cited. But to be clear to my esteemed brother Leonard, I'm not concerned about the rapture, tribulation et al. Christ said only the Father knows the time, but we shouldn't be preoccupied with it. I try to live my life as if it's today the Lord will come back, and if he doesn't, that's fine to. I'm not sure why you are getting (seemingly) so worked up about this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

great comment ERIC I agree wholeheartedly with your reply :24:

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Eric, the fact that the prophecy teachers are 'ever prospering' doesn't mean they are evil; it means that the American Church is gullible! Probably even INCLUDING these prophecy teachers. It is much easier, by the way, to become utterly convinced of a view if it consistently makes you lots of money, and gives you broad public acclaim!

Personally I LOVE listening to Jack Van Impe, but I agree with him on very little of his teaching on prophecy........

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Historically :laugh::whistling::laugh::P:thumbsup:

There has always been a concept of a tribulation before the Return of Christ, there still is today in the Roman and Eastern Churches .

I think the "rapture" idea is relatively new.

I believe the concept to become a reality. I have believed it from the moment I was saved. The word rapture is not going to be found in the bible though it's meaning basically "caught up in the air" when the Lord returns has just evolved over generations. Quite fitting in my opinion. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Yep, I was taught the same Dispensationalist drivel when I came to the Lord. I know all the arguments. Frankly the subject just gets tiresome quickly these days. How long this dispensationalism will keep poisoning the life out of the Church is in the hands of God, not me........

So, OK, you win. I've told the truth, and people prefer their novelties. I'll tell it again next time this comes up I guess.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Yep, I was taught the same Dispensationalist drivel when I came to the Lord. I know all the arguments. Frankly the subject just gets tiresome quickly these days. How long this dispensationalism will keep poisoning the life out of the Church is in the hands of God, not me........

So, OK, you win. I've told the truth, and people prefer their novelties. I'll tell it again next time this comes up I guess.

I guess I don't see the direct correlation between one holding to a classical dispensational framework (which I do not, I am moving toward more of a progressive dispensational view, or maybe classical premellinialism - I am still in flux), and one not having spiritual life. I have seen dead churches in all types of traditions.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

First you'll have to show me ANYWHERE in the Bible that talks about 'The Great Tribulation.'

The concept is a fiction. A fraud perpetrated against the Body of Christ.

Mat.24:21; Mk.13:19; Rev.2:22; Rev.7:14, are a couple of references, and, in the mouth of two or three witnesses let all things be established

Possibly you could read the entirety of Mat.24 and you may see not only a tribulation for Israel, as a result of them murdering their Messiah, but also one for the Gentiles, for their "crucifying to themselves the Son of GOD afresh" by accepting man's, denominational interpretations INSTEAD of His Word

It shows Mat.24:21-30 is referring to the Gentiles

To suggest the great tribulation is a con job, a rort, could possibly be interpreted as a suggestion GOD made a mistake in His forward planning, and that is unlikely

Possibly only those who refute the oncoming tribulation are those who fear being here for it

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

True, the word, "THE" does not preceed great tribulation and the arguement put forward to deny such is good, but, for some curious reason, without personally interpretreting, this brother will look forward to THE catching away of 1 Thes. before judgement strikes the world; those who don't see IT that way, good luck

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

And going to Matt. 24 is of no avail to you at all; THAT was clearly fulfilled when "Jerusalem was compassed about with armies....." in A.D. 67.

Leonard,

Mat 24 is entirely based on the second coming but somehow you have managed to interpret it as the invasion of Jerusalem by Rome?... this is not the first time I have seen this argument. If you analyze Mat.24, the focus is the 2nd coming and end times. Christ was explaining to His deciples the signs of His 2nd coming and the end of the world, not the "People of the Prince that shall come" as prophesied in Daniel 9:26 which is the invasion you are referring to.

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

In old times the surrounding or encompassing by an army or an invasion was also referred to as a flood "and the end thereof shall be with a flood'.

Peace

CJ

Christopher John, your interpretations are great. I have really learned something today. And the 'cookie analogies' are awesome. Thank you. :blink: