• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

:thumbsup: Thanks for that post Christian.

*Christian bows his head*

You are quite welcome Marniemy dear sister in Christ.

Just attempting to "seed" a little unity whenever I can :hmmm:

Your brother in Christ

-C-

We need to read the bible, not argue over which translation is right or wrong.

I couldn't agree more Cobalt.

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

:P Thanks for that post Christian.
Yes! Thank you. I would like to say I'm sorry that I stepped across the line. It is so easy on message board for things to get out of hand, when you have two camps that are adamant and dogmatic and someone throws a grenade out (derogitory remarks, me included) then blood bought, redeemed children of the Almighty begin to bite each other, as Paul defined it. Forgive me, please.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

:P Thanks for that post Christian.
Yes! Thank you. I would like to say I'm sorry that I stepped across the line. It is so easy on message board for things to get out of hand, when you have two camps that are adamant and dogmatic and someone throws a grenade out (derogitory remarks, me included) then blood bought, redeemed children of the Almighty begin to bite each other, as Paul defined it. Forgive me, please.

Well, let's just have a cup of coffee and talk about anything except Bible translations and politics. I'll even pick up the tab.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

I'm partial to my John MacArthur study bible.....

No offense, but what does that mean?? What translation of the bible does he use? Are we following traditions of men or God?? :P before I received Jesus as my Saviour and Lord, I read 5 different translations of the word. I still did not understand any of them, it was because I was not spiritual minded. upon my salvation I found out that through prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to help me understand the KJV Bible, there was a unlocking of my mind. I know alot of ppl. have problems with the language of the KJV, but Jesus says, Phil. 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. I will stay with the KJV, the other Bibles can be used as study helps, but for me the KJV will always be my only primary Bible. I know everyone will have different opinions on what BIble they prefer. It is an old debate. YSIC Littlelite :whistling:

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Question though, wouldn't being united in what bible we use bring unity instead of confusion considering different versions say different things at times? :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

:24: Thanks for that post Christian.

Well, let's just have a cup of coffee and talk about anything except Bible translations and politics. I'll even pick up the tab.

Done! Meet me at the Worthy Cafe around the corner. :25:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Question though, wouldn't being united in what bible we use bring unity instead of confusion considering different versions say different things at times? :noidea:

No. If you study church history you would find ample confusion when there was just one or two different versions, even when the average person didn't have access to any version. In fact, get a load of these interesting verses, quoted from your version of choice:

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.--2 Peter 3:15, 16

So, you see...perhaps our "debate" is as old as the Church itself.

:wub: Thanks for that post Christian.

Done! Meet me at the Worthy Cafe around the corner. :noidea:

*Christian wraps his arms around his brother and sister in Christ, hugs them both, and says 'off we go then'... *

Thank you both for your civility, and Monarchy, your ability to humbly see your actions and to address them so honestly and honorably. Bless you in your balanced walk my brother.

:emot-hug:

Question though, wouldn't being united in what bible we use bring unity instead of confusion considering different versions say different things at times? :)
In all honesty Crytal, eliminating denominationalism, dogma, judgement, ego, and pride would go much further in achieving unity in Christ, than worrying what translation the Holy Spirit will or will not honor.

Trusting that the Truth will be fully revealed by the Holy Spirit if we actively, wholeheartedly pursue it, regardless of the translation, is essential in our faith. Our learning must line up with Scripture though, and certainly can be tested....

2 Corinthians 10:5

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Peace to you sister,

in Christ

-C-