• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

My girlfriend said that when she was skimming through the bible, she read something about jesus going into hell for three days. She believes it was call abrahms land? Or something to that extent she cant remember where it was at, and thinks she might of read it wrong. But she said that he went to hell for the three days to have people aware that they were going to heaven. She said what she thought she read was like a barrier and these people that were waiting there could withstand the fire. Does anyone know about this? Or maybe she misinterpreted? Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Read Luke 16:19-31

Ephesians 4:8-10

It's my opinion that he did not descend into hell but into Abraham's bosom and did his preaching there. As there was a gulf fixed as Luke 16 tell us between hell and Abraham's bosom which was paridise. As Jesus told the thief on the cross this day he would be with "Him" in paradise. those who were in hell in torment could see across the gulf into paradise as the rich man saw Lazurus being comforted in Abraham's bosom. And those in paradise could see into hell those that were being tormented. And they could talk to one another you can see this in the Luke 16 where the rich man hollered out to Abraham to send Lazurus over to him vs 24 so he could dip his finger in water and cool his tongue. But Abraham over in paradise tells him to remember in his lifetime vs 25 he recieved good things but Lazurus evil things but now he is comforted in paradise and you are being tormented in hell.

So Jesus in my opinion descended into paradise Abraham's bosom and preached to those in hell across the gulf from there and did not go into hell itself. Because also of what Jesus said on the cross to the theif that Jesus told him that this day the theif would be with him in paradise which was Abraham's bosom and not hell.

Hope I have helped

OC

• Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

Thank you for your reply, we looked up the scriptures you gave us. But she said thats not the part that she read, she said it was something to that extent. But she said it was worded differently.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

My girlfriend said that when she was skimming through the bible, she read something about jesus going into hell for three days. She believes it was call abrahms land? Or something to that extent she cant remember where it was at, and thinks she might of read it wrong. But she said that he went to hell for the three days to have people aware that they were going to heaven. She said what she thought she read was like a barrier and these people that were waiting there could withstand the fire. Does anyone know about this? Or maybe she misinterpreted? Any help would be appreciated.

I think I know what scripture she read, I read it to. I'll look it up real quick, but in the mean time get this: that Hell used to be divided by a great gulf and Paradise was on the other side. I believe that Jesus went to the other side of Hell and collected the saint, before asending to Heaven in order to apply the blood atonement.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

She may be misreading or mishearing the Apostle's creed where it says, "He was crucified, dead and buried, He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead and ascended into heaven"

There is not a connection between the two parts but people who hear that think He spent three days in hell. This is not what it says.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Guest Jude 1:3

Abraham's Bosom / also known as Paradise is a compartment of hell (the grave), where believers await Resurrection. Right below Paradise is the pit where the unrighteous go when they die. Lazarus went to Paradise; the rich man went into the fiery pit. It was in Paradise where Christ spent three days and preached to the dead spirits. "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." (1 Peter 4:6)

I believe both places are literal, physical places inside the earth. (I'm a hollow-earther)

"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things." (Ephesians 4:9-10)

Paradise is literally a tropical paradise inside the earth, illuminated by the light of God. :P

The pit, by contrast, is a place of perpetual darkness and despair.

Edited by Jude 1:3

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

The dead are at rest, asleep, until the Lord returns. To equate Paradise or Abraham

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Paradise is literally a tropical paradise inside the earth, illuminated by the light of God. :huh:

WHERE in the Bible do you get that idea from?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Yes, I'd be interested to know that as well.