• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Yes, I think so-we will know them by the spirit-hey we have Jesus present with us-we will know.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

Question: Will we be able to recognize in heaven those whom we knew during this life?

Answer:

Matthew 8:11 says that in the kingdom of heaven, many will sit with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For this to be true we must be able to recognize and know who we are sitting with, and therefore we ourselves must also be recognizable. From this pasage it can be deduced that at least after the resurrection from the dead we will be recognizable by others because we will be in a bodily existence once again.

This study can be found here:

http://www.apostolic.net/biblicalstudies/knowheaven.htm

Guest douggarb

When we all pass away and go to heaven...will we know and recognize each other?

i have wondered the same thing. i dont beleive we will because the woman that had married the 3 or 5 brothers or whatever the number. jesus said there will be no husband or wife neithe giving in mariage. this leads me to beleive we will not. but who knows?

i have wondered the same thing. i dont beleive we will because the woman that had married the 3 or 5 brothers or whatever the number. jesus said there will be no husband or wife neithe giving in mariage. this leads me to beleive we will not. but who knows?

I don't think we will either. It doesn't seem logical.

Heaven is suppose to be this place filled with peace and happiness. What if you got there and found out one of your children didn't make it, or your parents, your wife, husband, brother or sister? Where would the happiness be then?

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Christians should be looking for the Lord's return and not be concerned about "going to heaven."

1Thes. 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

Tit. 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I don't think we will either. It doesn't seem logical.

Heaven is suppose to be this place filled with peace and happiness. What if you got there and found out one of your children didn't make it, or your parents, your wife, husband, brother or sister? Where would the happiness be then?

Of course we will know each other! God is a God of relationship! He created family because He is a God who loves family! We will all know each other precisely because we ARE family--God's family! Furthermore, I believe we will instantly know those who are strangers!

Regarding the sadness that we would feel when we must live forever without those we love, I am sure we will mourn bitterly, as there will be tears...but He will wipe them away! That is a promise!

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

All I know is I will recognize all the animals I've had because they will all come running up to me....including my Frankenstein who died two weeks ago...and I cannot wait!!!!

Anita & Chikachu

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I think the whole concept of "knowing" and "recognizing" isn't going to be the same in Heaven. I don't think we will have a physical body...we will just be spirits of the Lord (similar to Angels). I know that here on earth the idea of not being with those that we love is really scary...but there is no fear or upset in Heaven...we will have our Heavenly Father and all will be well.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes I firmly believe that we will recognize and know each other, and I don't think this just includes those we knew in life. I believe that EVERYONE will be known to everyone else.

Heaven will be a place of not just friendship, but of relationship; we will all be family.

During the Transfiguration, when Jesus took three of his disciples up the mountain, and saw Moses and Elijah there, I think that through the power of the Lord, his disciples instantly knew who the two figures were (Moses and Elijah) - even though they had no inkling of what the two "strangers" looked like.

I believe it will be the same for all of us in heaven. No one will have the body they held in life (so we will not look like we used to anyway), but we will have the Spirit of the Lord shining so strongly on us, the Light of God shining so strongly upon us, that we will be instantly recognizable to one and all.

Our eyes will be opened to more than we could ever imagine. And I think it is THAT - the Light of God - that will make us recognize each other.