IGNORED

The True Crucifixion

Christian

Guest willing servant
The crucifixion of Christ has gotten so sanitized and glossed over that I thought it might be enlightening to those who doubt Christ's suffering to read this. The following is only the preliminary action wielded upon those condemned to crucifixion.

Alexander Metherell, who holds a medical degree from the University of Miami and a doctorate in engineering from the University of Bristol in England, made a detailed examination of Christ’s whipping at the hands of the Romans.

He explains the process:

“The soldier would use a whip of braided leather thongs with metal balls woven into them. When the whip would strike the flesh, these balls would cause deep bruises or contusions, which would break open with further blows. And the whip had pieces of sharp bone as well, which would cut the flesh severely.The back would be so shredded that part of the spine was sometimes exposed by the deep, deep cuts. The whipping would have gone all the way from the shoulders down the back, the buttocks, and the back of the legs.”

“ One physician who has studied Roman beatings said, ‘As the flogging continued, the lacerations would tear into the underlying skeletal muscles and produce quivering ribbons of bleeding flesh.’ A third-century historian by the name of Eusebius described flogging by saying, “ The sufferer’s veins were laid bare, and the very muscles, sinews, and bowels of the victim were open to exposure.’

And this is not even the crucifixion. More often than not the person died from this whipping even before they made it to be crucified. It is ridiculous to assume someone would knowingly face this horrific torture for a lie. One can not honestly read the profound words and teachings of Jesus and accuse Him of being a liar. His humble character denies any possible accusations of meglomania. He was one of the purest and noblest characters known in history and it’s unthinkable to accuse a man of such unparalleled beneficience and benevolence, moral magnitude, and trancendent intellectual and spiritual worth of perpetuating such a heartless and cruel deception upon humanity.

Religion, and mankind may be terribly flawed…Christ was not

If you continue reading metheralls work you will find a reference to shock, which is why he felt faint while carrying the cross. He was already going into hypovolemic shock.. its all in the case for christ by strobel. very powerful book.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

If you continue reading metheralls work you will find a reference to shock, which is why he felt faint while carrying the cross. He was already going into hypovolemic shock.. its all in the case for christ by strobel. very powerful book.

I do have Strobels book willingservant

:24:

It's been a few years since I read it. I'll have to do a little refresher read :taped:

Peace my brother

-C-

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Religion, and mankind may be terribly flawed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Even an atheist can agree that this Jesus that is written about seemed like a very good man and a wonderful example to live by.

What do you say, though, about His claim to be the Son of God, EA?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  167

Even an atheist can agree that this Jesus that is written about seemed like a very good man and a wonderful example to live by.

If this God exists, I would claim to be his son too. :emot-highfive: Seeing as I would then be his "creation" I would be happy to call myself his offspring in order to demonstrate a necessary point. :41:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

The crucifixion of Christ has gotten so sanitized and glossed over that I thought it might be enlightening to those who doubt Christ's suffering to read this. The following is only the preliminary action wielded upon those condemned to crucifixion.

Alexander Metherell, who holds a medical degree from the University of Miami and a doctorate in engineering from the University of Bristol in England, made a detailed examination of Christ

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

If this God exists, I would claim to be his son too. :emot-hug: Seeing as I would then be his "creation" I would be happy to call myself his offspring in order to demonstrate a necessary point. :emot-pray:

That's all very nice EA, but what about this...!!

The message of the gospel is not there for you to learn lessons from the LIFE of Christ.......It is there for you to receive LIFE through the DEATH of Christ.

The bible tells us that we are to "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ." We are to apply him to our lives. Just as the Hebrews in the time of Pharoah applied the blood of the passover lamb to the doorposts of their houses. The blood of Christ is no good left UNapplied.

Its a lot like a parachute EA.......You can hear about its capacity to save you from the consequences of a jump without one, but believing it will save you is not enough....While its just sitting on the floor its no good to you..You must put it ON.

The fact that you questioned, "If this God exists", tells us that this is NOT the case. Though your interest in Christ and the message of the cross will open the door to many opportunities to hear the good news of Christ. I hope God gives you ears to hear. That's the trouble with Truth EA.....If you cannot HEAR it then no one can TELL it to you. That is why I said, "I hope God gives you ears to hear." Only he CAN...

Regards,

Ben.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Christian, I think its also worth mentioning that Jesus suffering was not just limited to the physical abuse of the flogging and the crucifixion.

Nor was it confined to the hours he spent upon the cross.

The Word of God clearly tells us that he was the Lamb who was slain since BEFORE the beginning of the World. He may have gone to the cross two thousand years ago, but he knew for the preceding four thousand years that he was headed there. He is also referred to as "The Lamb who was slain" in visions of heaven, shared throughout the Word of God.

"And I saw what looked like a lamb who was slain" Jesus will eternally wear the scars that cost him OUR redemption. That is how we will recognise him. We will be healed, but he will always bare the scars of our salvation.

I dont think I will ever understand or comprehend what True self sacrificing Love really is. Jesus himself gave us that demonstration and in doing so BECAME the example of what True Love really IS....

"No greater love has any man, than he who would lay down his life for his friend."

Jesus did even more than that....He died for those who hated him and condemned him. He made possible forgiveness for all.

Our sins nailed him to that cross, so we must all be aware that it was just as much our own hand that pounded those nails in, and just as much our own hand that flogged him mercilessly.

How can one who was treated so mercilessly be filled with so much compassion and mercy toward those who would do such a thing.....If anyone is able to comprehend this, youre one up on me.

Regards,

Ben.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

If this God exists, I would claim to be his son too. :wub: Seeing as I would then be his "creation" I would be happy to call myself his offspring in order to demonstrate a necessary point. :)

Good answer! So do you think God exists, or was Jesus a good confused man?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  171
  • Birthday:  05/06/1986

That's so horrible it makes me want to cry. I can't even begin to imagine the pain he must have gone through, and all for us.

I remember being horrified when I watched The Passion of the Christ, and saw the whipping scene. I had had no idea it was so brutal in reality; as a child I was taught the 'sugar-coated' version of Jesus' death.

I love you, Jesus.