Christian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Christian, I think its also worth mentioning that Jesus suffering was not just limited to the physical abuse of the flogging and the crucifixion.

Nor was it confined to the hours he spent upon the cross.

The Word of God clearly tells us that he was the Lamb who was slain since BEFORE the beginning of the World. He may have gone to the cross two thousand years ago, but he knew for the preceding four thousand years that he was headed there. He is also referred to as "The Lamb who was slain" in visions of heaven, shared throughout the Word of God.

"And I saw what looked like a lamb who was slain" Jesus will eternally wear the scars that cost him OUR redemption. That is how we will recognise him. We will be healed, but he will always bare the scars of our salvation.

I dont think I will ever understand or comprehend what True self sacrificing Love really is. Jesus himself gave us that demonstration and in doing so BECAME the example of what True Love really IS....

"No greater love has any man, than he who would lay down his life for his friend."

Jesus did even more than that....He died for those who hated him and condemned him. He made possible forgiveness for all.

Our sins nailed him to that cross, so we must all be aware that it was just as much our own hand that pounded those nails in, and just as much our own hand that flogged him mercilessly.

How can one who was treated so mercilessly be filled with so much compassion and mercy toward those who would do such a thing.....If anyone is able to comprehend this, youre one up on me.

Regards,

Ben.

I was waiting for someone to say something like this. Jesus' crucifixion was more than just the physical and had just as much if not more to do with the spiritual. One thing that sticks out to me about His crucifixion was how He was abandoned by God. I like to think on what Jesus said, "Why hast thou forsaken me?", to be literal and more impactful than what it is as people pass over it. We already know now what it's really like to be separated from God, and more than likely we don't get as much time with Him as maybe will happen in heaven, you know? Of course we can pray to Him whenever and get answers sometimes immediately or maybe days, weeks or even months later. But the point is is that I think in that moment Jesus really felt what it was like to be truely separated from God, maybe just how we'd feel if we were in hell because at that point then we'd finally realize fully exactly what it was that we'd lost for choosing not to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, right? That is the most terrible punishment of hell, wanting and needing God but finally never having that way to communicate with Him or be heard by Him? eternal separation from God. I think Jesus felt so much more pain then than what people get caught up in with the physical. I don't think it's enough for us to feel grateful just because Jesus was beaten in the flesh by other humans who hated and did not understand Him. Jesus felt God's WRATH for us. That's what is amazing. He took all of that which we should have justly deserved and received as punishment from God upon Himself. I don't think it is enough to just think about how much He suffered in body. It wasn't all his duty/want? to come down here and simply be killed for men at the hands of men, He became the focus of God's wrath and to me that's unimaginable, I can't fathom what that would have meant or been like, to just have His Eye on me (you know? in the way that we understand how we'd feel ashamed if ever we were to stand before Him without Jesus as our Lord in the gap for us, we'd feel so deeply ashamed and transparent, because of our iniquities, before God who can see into the heart and more than just appearances). But as a Son, He was abandoned by His Father as a sinner who did not repent would deserve to be abandoned by God, right?

It was how Jesus defeated death, and the grave for us. It means so much more than just how He was beaten, we already know the likelihood of any one of us surviving that alone, but what about the spiritual and eternal implications of the Sacrifice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Amen, wow this was intence to read.

And this is not even the crucifixion. More often than not the person died from this whipping even before they made it to be crucified. It is ridiculous to assume someone would knowingly face this horrific torture for a lie. One can not honestly read the profound words and teachings of Jesus and accuse Him of being a liar. His humble character denies any possible accusations of meglomania. He was one of the purest and noblest characters known in history and it
Edited by heartofstone

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Religion, and mankind may be terribly flawed

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/16/1941

He also endured beatings from th Temple gaurds before He even faced teh Roman soldiers. Plus, with the damage from done from the flogging, it would have been virtually impossible for a human being to even walk, much less carry a cross. Then there is the fact that it was quite concievable that a normal human being would have bled to death before he even reached Calvary.

It is a sobering thing to realize what the LORD Jesus Christ has done for us, just because He loves us. Praise God that He had a plan.

We should be ever grateful for what our Lord has done.

Our minds can not conceive everything He did for us .

He died for my salvation and for my healing.

He's coming back to receive us unto Himself.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

He also endured beatings from th Temple gaurds before He even faced teh Roman soldiers. Plus, with the damage from done from the flogging, it would have been virtually impossible for a human being to even walk, much less carry a cross. Then there is the fact that it was quite concievable that a normal human being would have bled to death before he even reached Calvary.

It is a sobering thing to realize what the LORD Jesus Christ has done for us, just because He loves us. Praise God that He had a plan.

We should be ever grateful for what our Lord has done.

Our minds can not conceive everything He did for us .

He died for my salvation and for my healing.

He's coming back to receive us unto Himself.

Amen!! Grateful, thankful, humble, repentent, loyal, faithful, disciples of His Word, so so much more. And that is so true that the torture He endured is quite concieveable that if it were not in God's plan for Jesus to endure this, a normal man may have bled to death let alone pick up a heavy cross and carry it up a hill knowing He is going to be nailed, more pain, and that He will hang there until His death. I believe His mind was on our Father who gave Him the strength even as He endured the pain. This is also true for us. Though not to the extent of Jesus' burden. The Lord is there with us to see us through our pain which is why we must focus on Him during our trials and adversities and never forget His promise that He will never forsake us but see us through and never allow us to endure more than we can bear though it may seem extremely difficult at times, if we lose sight of this Promise, of our faith, our belief, then we may as well fall prey to satan's gnarley grasp.

I believe His mind was on our Father who gave Him the strength even as He endured the pain. This is also true for us. Though not to the extent of Jesus' burden. The Lord is there with us to see us through our pain which is why we must focus on Him during our trials and adversities and never forget His promise that He will never forsake us but see us through and never allow us to endure more than we can bear though it may seem extremely difficult at times, if we lose sight of this Promise, of our faith, our belief, then we may as well fall prey to satan's gnarley grasp.

This is a sobering way of understanding it too, and a good way for me at least to understand His sacrifice in another way. Not only did He take all the punishment that we deserve, in body and spirit, but it's also neat to look at it in the way that you described, that Jesus kep His focus on God and never wavered either; even submitting to God's will in the garden of Gethsemane. He really was the Son there.

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  147
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

As horrible as the crucifiction is, it was only a part of what Jesus suffered trough.

Even BEFORE He was taken prisoner by soldiers in the garden, He suffered greatly before that. Luke 22:44 describes the suffering:

44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

This was caused by an itense emotional and mental pressure He felt as the sins of everyone were laid upon his shoulders. The burden of all the sins of the world was so hard to bare that His body almost could not take it. And this is before He was whiped and nailed to the cross.

No doubt He looked to His Father for strenght to endure it all. And all this for me, you and everyone else that lives, lived or will live.

Words cannot describe the grattitude we should give Him for what He has done for us.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

He was one of the purest and noblest characters known in history and it

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Did the Romans made this torture exclusively for jesus? or was there others who went through the same thing? And how do we know if the others were guilty? How do we know a person didn't sacrificed themselves for their own children whom committed the crimes?

Out of control.

There were others crucified before Jesus. And, I guess we have no way of knowing if some of them were innocent.

Why do you ask? :noidea: