• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Crucifixion was one of the main punishments used by the Romans. The awful horrible things man can dream up to use against his fellow man. :noidea:

Did the Romans made this torture exclusively for jesus? or was there others who went through the same thing? And how do we know if the others were guilty? How do we know a person didn't sacrificed themselves for their own children whom committed the crimes?

Out of control.

There were others crucified before Jesus. And, I guess we have no way of knowing if some of them were innocent.

Why do you ask? :emot-crying:

Because I expected more from someone who claims to have died for our sins. If a man of God wanted to commit suicide, why not move a mountain upon his body to crush it?

Hello its me! Have you read the Bible??? If Christ's death atoned for our sins, what difference would it make how he died? Read Isaiah Chapter 53, his death was foretold, long before it happened. He bore our sins upon the cross, which would become a stumbling block for those who don't believe. He wasn't a man of God, He was God!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Did the Romans made this torture exclusively for jesus? or was there others who went through the same thing? And how do we know if the others were guilty? How do we know a person didn't sacrificed themselves for their own children whom committed the crimes?

Out of control.

There were others crucified before Jesus. And, I guess we have no way of knowing if some of them were innocent.

Why do you ask? :emot-crying:

Because I expected more from someone who claims to have died for our sins. If a man of God wanted to commit suicide, why not move a mountain upon his body to crush it?

Interesting perspective. I don't know why God chose crucifixion. Maybe because it is the most agonizing and humiliating way to be killed. :emot-hug:

Hi Silentprayer,

Was not jesus an expert in old writings? Could not he staged it in accordance with Isaiah? Flip a few tables,? It was an attention getter.

Isaiah 53:8 He was arrested, taken away, and judged. Who would have thought that he would be removed from the world? He was killed because of my people's rebellion.

Thanks for hanging around for these tough questions.

Staged it, well since the Jews had no authority to sentence any one to death only the Romans, no I don't think he could have staged it. The Jewish Leaders had to go to to Pilate and basically blackmail him into doing something about (killing) Jesus.

Did you read the whole Chapter, in any history that you've read, who meets the criteria laid out in Isaiah 53?

Your welcome, I like talking to you! :emot-crying:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

That's so horrible it makes me want to cry. I can't even begin to imagine the pain he must have gone through, and all for us.

I remember being horrified when I watched The Passion of the Christ, and saw the whipping scene. I had had no idea it was so brutal in reality; as a child I was taught the 'sugar-coated' version of Jesus' death.

I love you, Jesus.

At least you had the fortitude to go see the movie, stitchy. I couldn't get up the nerve after hearing friends' accounts. I just didn't want to see my Lord and Savior treated this way, even if it was an actor. I was very disturbed even by the previews I saw. It's awe inspiring to think He would consider us important enough to endure this. Thank you, Jesus, for sacrificing so much for someone as unworthy as me.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You expected MORE from Jesus? He didn't commit suicide, my friend, He took the worst possible torture and execution for YOU, so that you could be absolved of sin and acceptable to God. :emot-crying:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Isaiah 53:8 He was arrested, taken away, and judged. Who would have thought that he would be removed from the world? He was killed because of my people's rebellion.

What translation is that jag?

Here is what my NKJV says;

Isa

Hi Silentprayer,

Was not jesus an expert in old writings? Could not he staged it in accordance with Isaiah? Flip a few tables,? It was an attention getter.

Staged it, well since the Jews had no authority to sentence any one to death only the Romans, no I don't think he could have staged it. The Jewish Leaders had to go to to Pilate and basically blackmail him into doing something about (killing) Jesus.

Did you read the whole Chapter, in any history that you've read, who meets the criteria laid out in Isaiah 53?

Maybe 'staged' was not the best word here. Lets use engineered.

Jesus had to know something about the ancient scriptures. I'm confident enough to know he talked about old scriptures without digging in the Bible to point out which. And maybe he was aware of the book of Isaiah. He had to find a way to change the way people were treated and saw that way in Isaiah.

First Jesus knew everything about everything, as He is God. Try looking at it that way and see if it changes your perspective. How could he have staged, the Jewish leaders going to Pilate to have him killed? Walk up to the White House and tell them you really need to talk to the President, you would have about the same luck getting to the Roman Pilate as getting to the President. I realize there are people who are very good a getting people to do what they want them to do, but............He was stripped, beaten, spat upon, slapped, and a crown of thorns was jammed down on his head, and then he was taken to Pilate, who looked for any excuse possible to let him go, and Jesus refused to answer him, even AFTER all of those horrible things had been done to him, and knowing if the Romans did sentence Him it would be death on the cross. A horrible, painful way to die. If He was only a man like you imply, I think by this point He would have changed His mind and given Pilate the answer he was looking for so He could be set free. He cried out from the cross for God the Father to forgive all the people who had done this to him. Doesn't sound like the behavour any man or woman, I've ever met.

His name is Dave, and he is a really nice guy, we've pretty much kept this civil so far, so can I ask you please, lets keep it that way. :)

Fake pain??? Okay you lost me, back up and run it past me one more time! :)