• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

Smalcald,

Being deceived is not just a matter of 'wrong intellectual' choices. The Lord has laid out a journey that is not just an intellectual exercise, but a narrow road that is not exactly smooth. It cuts across all our natural tendencies. There are many deceivers who try to smooth out the way and widen the gate. They appeal to the carnal nature which if not crucified with Christ, is always ready to receive smooth sayings and deceivers who say that the road is easy and the gate is broad.

These 'false teachers' twist and spin the scriptures until rough mens smooth, persevere means cruise control, endure means OSAS, confess means say a little prayer, obedience is optional, death means eternal torture and up means down. Multitudes of 'professing christians' are already deceived by those who 'wrest the Scriptures to their own destruction', scattering 'every wind of doctrine', teaching fables instead of truth; bad choices based on 'carnal reasoning' instead of the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Here is a prime example of deception:

1jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

3:8 He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil (sin).

3:9 Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (To sin, he must separate from God, for known, presumptuous sin separates man from God.)

3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

How many are deceived on this point.

You see we have the Holy Spirit to teach us the truth and identify deception. The reception of fables is an extremely dangersous situation, for it means the Holy Spirit is not being allowed to do His job, which means that the deceived one does not have the Spirit of truth dwelling in Him, or that he does not hear his voice, not a good situation in either case for it is the Holy Spirit who seals us unto the day of Redemption.

God Bless,

Dennis

:24::thumbsup::rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member

i am wondering who these people are...? Could they be any of us....could it get that deceptive?? Who is it that he comes to take down with him?

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

No, they cannot be for those who lived the first resurrection will not suffer a second death..those who are deceived must be those who choose Satan before first resurrection, their deception must be complete at the end of the thousand year reign and they are the millions that surround the "camp of the saints and the beloved city" those that chose Satan and the mark will then suffer the second death. They will burn for eternity..

So no, they could not be any of us because the second death has no power over us for we have experienced the first resurrection

:24: AMEN jackie :thumbsup:

I wish people would get their perception of God right!

that post was right in many points, but God will not burn people for eternity! He is much more humane than us. They will be burned up, and their destruction will last for eternity, but not the destroying or the punishing. It is eternal punishment, not eternal punishing. Once they're burned up, they will be gone. They will perish. They will be destroyed.

God is not that cruel to burn and torture people forever and ever and ever and ever etc......

We serve a loving and merciful God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

i am wondering who these people are...? Could they be any of us....could it get that deceptive?? Who is it that he comes to take down with him?

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

No, they cannot be for those who lived the first resurrection will not suffer a second death..those who are deceived must be those who choose Satan before first resurrection, their deception must be complete at the end of the thousand year reign and they are the millions that surround the "camp of the saints and the beloved city" those that chose Satan and the mark will then suffer the second death. They will burn for eternity..

So no, they could not be any of us because the second death has no power over us for we have experienced the first resurrection

that post was right in many points, but God will not burn people for eternity! He is much more humane than us. They will be burned up, and their destruction will last for eternity, but not the destroying or the punishing. It is eternal punishment, not eternal punishing. Once they're burned up, they will be gone. They will perish. They will be destroyed.

God is not that cruel to burn and torture people forever and ever and ever and ever etc......

No, sir. His wrath is fierce and burns hot. Eternal separation from God is an eternal perishing. Just as far-reaching as His love is, so is His wrath. His wrath is executed perfectly, as all His acts are, and is just, because of His righteousness and love.

No, sir. His wrath is fierce and burns hot. Eternal separation from God is an eternal perishing.

Do you have children?

If you do, what would you do if they rebelled against you?

depending on the severety, you might take away priveledges or ultimately disown them.... but in your love for them I'm certain that you wouldn't torture them, or beat them endlessly.....would you?

God does take vengeance, but he is merciful and just, and is far more humane than you or me.

No, sir. His wrath is fierce and burns hot. Eternal separation from God is an eternal perishing.

Do you have children?

If you do, what would you do if they rebelled against you?

depending on the severety, you might take away priveledges or ultimately disown them.... but in your love for them I'm certain that you wouldn't torture them, or beat them endlessly.....would you?

God does take vengeance, but he is merciful and just, and is far more humane than you or me.

Hon, those who reject Jesus, are not considered God's children. They are outside of the family of God. He will honour all His promises, both to His own, and to those outside.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

What I would do as a parent, has nothing to do with what God would/will do. Wishful thinking doesn't change what is plainly stated in the Bible, no matter how right or wrong human minds see it. Jesus said the worms never die and the fire never goes out, so to state otherwise is to call Jesus a liar. Which in turn pretty much negates the whole Bible. I'll stick with God truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Well, think about people today. (other than christians) They are more apt to believe that space ships fly in and out of our galaxy more than the thought of a messiah. As Christianity is no longer important to them, and what they see bad, they will automatically believe that whatever opposite of Christianity Has to be the messiah. God's Sheep know the Shephard's voice and have no doubt of him. I've also thought that (if there were a rapture) that many would be happy we are gone and they would think that a space ship came for us.

It's weird that Iranian president talks about the coming messiah (their) messiah, and that he should be coming around springtime this year, but really, they can't rush anything themselves. Think about their being deceived in this matter. How many muslims are following this right now.

What I would do as a parent, has nothing to do with what God would/will do. Wishful thinking doesn't change what is plainly stated in the Bible, no matter how right or wrong human minds see it. Jesus said the worms never die and the fire never goes out, so to state otherwise is to call Jesus a liar. Which in turn pretty much negates the whole Bible. I'll stick with God truth.

I praise you for wanting to stick with what the bible says...

we need to know what the intension of the writers though. when you compare the original language used in the bible, we see that the term forever does not mean forever in our english, but rather it means as long as an age may last.

Jonah was in the belly of the fish "forever", literally three days.

this is only one of many examples....don't take my word for it though, do a study on the original words for forever, and compare them with the rest of scripture.

There is much scripture that indicates total anhilation and destruction of the wicked.

The bible says that they will perish, become non-existant.

It says they will be burned up, not keep burning.

the texts that seem to say that they will keep burning endlessly have been mistranslated....either that or there is contradiction, and I believe that there is no contradiction in scripture, just mis-translation.

another example is that Soddom and Gamorrah suffered,(past tense) the vengence of Hell Fire and Brimestone. the bible says that there smoke ascended forever. Well they are not still burning now!

The original word for "forever" here meant until the end of the age; the age being the time that they were being consumed by fire. They were consumed, just as the wicked will be at the end of the world. The term forever means that it will not cease until whatever it is talking about is finished, in this case the burning. Once they were burned up the fire went out.

They were burned with an un-quenchable fire....that doesn't mean that it never went out or will never go out, but rather that it will not be able to be extinguished until it runs its course.

like I said don't take my word for it....Study with earnest prayer, and ask the Holy

Spirit to guide you and show you the truth even if it means you may learn you have been decieved.

we need to compare all the scripture in the right contexts...

God bless you,

Tom

I think it's a deception when you assume the meaning of "forever" in this instance is a mistranslation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Precious one,

Never doubt your salvation. That's just another of satan's old tricks to get you to fall again. Keep your eyes on God....The one above! God wants us to call on him all throughout the day.....the entire day. Not just when we doubt , or need something, or know we've sinned. Anyone can call on HIM at any time of the day or night....perhaps just to give thanks, praise, prayer, or just need assurance.....But NEVER doubt. Because you are only doubting your trust and belief in HIS supernatural power! By the way.............HE has a free toll number! Are YOU connected? just kidding!

Blessings

Cajunboy