• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Good Gosh, what a time for this topic!

I fell in love with my first love when I was 5. He used to visit his grandmother next door every summer and spend two months there. We were together constantly and I was determined that when I grew up I was going to marry him. Things didn't work out that way, I had some very rough teenage years and I wanted so bad for him to be my knight in shining armour and rescue me. I saw him a few times and we were both very attracted to each other everytime, but it never went anywhere.

I saw him when I was 18 for the last time, married the most wonderful man in the world when I was 24. I never did really get over my first love though. I dreamed about him consistantly all my life, and always felt so guilty about it. My husband and I make a great couple, but he wasn't saved.

Little did I know how God was going to use my first love again after all these years!

Three weekends ago I met my first love again. Believe it or not, I got swept off my feet in a big way. I could have run away with him forever right at that moment and never looked back, but I came back home for my kids. I knew (or thought) my husband would be ok, but my kids needed me and thier dad to be together, so I came back home, resentfully. My husband and I had what I thought was a pretty bland relationship, no sparks in a long time, he worked hard, never had time for me. I was lonely, very lonely, and I never knew how much until I met my first love again.

Anyway, I came home filled with guilt, but determined to do the right thing. Stay withthe man I married no matter how much I wanted to leave.

It was truly putting one foot in front of the other every day for 2 weeks. I kept saying to myself, "Just keep putting one foot in front of the other" Keep on doin the right thing.

I was a real mess, and my husband KNEW it. He knew everything had changed between us. And it scared him. He knew I was thinking of leaving.

Now, I was raised a preachers daughter. My husband wasn't saved and I always wanted him to be saved. He was so spiritually blind that it was hard to live with him. But he is a good man. He did not, however have any interest in going to church so I eventually never went anymore either.

My childhood sweetheart had just gotten out of jail, was a drinker and a womanizer, but I still wanted to leave my husband for him. Wanted to, but was being obediant to God by not doing anything to destry my marriage. My vows meant everything to me.

I ended up at my doctors office and put on meds two weeks ago because I could not deal with all this. He gave me meds for stress and anxiety. My heart had beat 90 and up for a week straight over all this

Anyway, last Sunday, my husband, grasping a straws, decided to take me to church for the first time in 3 years. He figured I needed some God stuff to keep me at home:>)

AND HE WAS SAVED THAT MORNING!!! PRAISE GOD!!

Now I have a spiritual leader up and coming in my home

My childhood sweetheart means nothing to me after that. My husband has changed SO MUCH in the last week with God's guidance. He is definitely being spirit lead and the results are amazing! I can see God's work on a minute to minute basis. My husband actually sees! He knows now. He is so filled with peace and love for God and it was so instant.

So the Lord used my childhood sweetheart to bring my husband to the Lord...I still can't believe it!

Congratulations. That is the loveliest story I've heard in a long time. It shows that anyone is capable of anything. That is so sweet.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Ok- here's the deal...you know that feeling when you first fall in love, (and i'm talking about romantic relationships...not Jesus this time-K? awesome) how everything is bliss and you can't imagine yourself ever being with anyone other than that person? How many of you stayed with your first love...and how many wish that they did?

What's the difference between TRUE LOVE and FIRST LOVE- or can your first love be your true love...?

Did any of you leave your first love only to regret it?

Yall can talk about whatever you want here...i'm just really interested in hearing what this will bring out of people. For me, this subject is a very emotionally charged one...

sierra!

:emot-hug:

• Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Ok- here's the deal...you know that feeling when you first fall in love, (and i'm talking about romantic relationships...not Jesus this time-K? awesome) how everything is bliss and you can't imagine yourself ever being with anyone other than that person? How many of you stayed with your first love...and how many wish that they did?

What's the difference between TRUE LOVE and FIRST LOVE- or can your first love be your true love...?

Did any of you leave your first love only to regret it?

Yall can talk about whatever you want here...i'm just really interested in hearing what this will bring out of people. For me, this subject is a very emotionally charged one...

sierra!

:emot-hug:

worldly love is an emtion, first love is a comittment, to stay focused on a firm pray life which puts jesus as the focus of your pray life and pursures a laying down of your life which is carnal and fleshly in order to have jesus reveal his spirit life through you. this requires a daliy dying to self. In chrisit you were not promised an easy ride, only that it would be worth it in the end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

i am so loving these stories! :wub:

i hope this thread will still be around in 100yrs so I can share about my first love. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Oh, my. I haven't had the best fortune in this matter. My first love, when I was in first grade -- one Sunday morning, he was run over by a drunk driver while crossing the street to meet his father. My second was killed in a plane accident after 8.5 years of marriage.

I don't know -- I think this kind of thing gives a person a certain hardness. But I am trying, by the grace of G-d, to soften those rough, sharp edges.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

I can never give a simple reply, unless I'm answering a math-related question. :thumbsup::b::emot-hug:

Ok here goes. My first "love" was my freshman year in high school, although he was definitely NOT good for me (he never went to class, barely graduated high school and was somewhat abusive). We dated 2 1/2 years. Praise God he delivered me from that one!

My first TRUE love was my senior year in high school. He was a year behind me but we stayed together for four years while I was at Baylor and he attended the Air Force Academy. Yes, we lasted that long and it was a beautiful relationship. However, it eventually ended (not sure I can give a conclusive reason why or anything).

THEN I met my husband. It's interesting. I have spent the majority of our marriage feeling like it was the biggest mistake and I should be married to USAFA dude, but this year God spoke to me. My husband is God's perfect provision for me. In spite of all the horrors that have occured in my marriage, I look at the new man my husband is becoming and the newness God is working in my through all this. Who am I to know the thoughts of the Lord? He knows exactly what He's doing, and I can honestly say I am glad I am married to this man. Praise God for His miracle-working power!

I think I'm done babbling. Oh and the derivative of 2x^5 - 10x^3 - 14 is 10x^4 - 30x^2. FLOATY THAT'S FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! :whistling::thumbsup::taped::21::24::24:

mathy

:blink:

My first love... he was a Jesus loving hottie for sure (at least at first), a football player and lived on a farm (Even though I was a city girl!)...after a year of being together he decided he wasn't strong enough or willing enough to do the long distance thing and left to entertain the "College" life.

I look back now and see how God saved me from a MESS! But no, I do not regret it at ALL. I learned what "real" love felt like, looked like, in essence...was. And I saw that if I loved somesone that much...how much MORE God must love me. It was the biggest revelation of my entire life...it's made me stronger, more risiliant, more beautiful...I can love deeper because of it!

I'm now very much in love with my best friend of 7 years :24: (He's also a small town guy, not sure what it is about those stinky, sweaty, hard workin' men that I love so much!) hehe

Edited by Panda

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  313
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi im new here, my first love well, its gone 6 years but i still love her :)

I talked to her once and she rejected me, i think she was my true love cause i never loved anyone else and i think i love her for the rest of my life,