Observer of dreams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I propose this, I believe that. They are suggestions nothing more. Thank you for your suggestion, but it is not knowledge. The word of God is knowledge. Our father teaches us and we listen. Mother nature teaches us rules and we follow them. Everyone, even those who do not believe in God follow his laws. You cannot escape a creator being such as he is. He is infinite. How do you expect us to show you God when you cannot even veiw your hand in front of your face when the light is cut off?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mapletechie
I propose this, I believe that. They are suggestions nothing more. Thank you for your suggestion, but it is not knowledge. The word of God is knowledge. Our father teaches us and we listen. Mother nature teaches us rules and we follow them. Everyone, even those who do not believe in God follow his laws. You cannot escape a creator being such as he is. He is infinite. How do you expect us to show you God when you cannot even veiw your hand in front of your face when the light is cut off?

It was "science" that proposed that the world was round. Before that, Christians were certain it was flat and held up by pillars, the "infallible" bible says so!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It was "science" that proposed that the world was round. Before that, Christians were certain it was flat and held up by pillars, the "infallible" bible says so!

No--Scriptures refer to the roundness (spherical) of the earth. It was silly mankind who thought himself rather smart and scientific and pronounced the earth as flat! Totally oblivious to the ancient texts.

Guest mapletechie

No--Scriptures refer to the roundness (spherical) of the earth. It was silly mankind who thought himself rather smart and scientific and pronounced the earth as flat! Totally oblivious to the ancient texts.

Isaiah 11:12

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Revelation 7:1

1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13

13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19

19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11

11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

Matthew 4:8

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV)

Astronomical bodies are spherical, and you cannot see the entire exterior surface from any place. The kingdoms of Egypt, China, Greece, Crete, sections of Asia Minor, India, Maya (in Mexico), Carthage (North Africa), Rome (Italy), Korea, and other settlements from these kingdoms of the world were widely distributed.

He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)"

"The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world [The deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 93:1)"

"Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." The world [Again, the deceiving translators should've said "earth", not "world"] is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 96:10)"

"The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises. (From the NIV Bible, Ecclesiastes 1:5)"

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. (From the NIV Bible, Job 9:6)"

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:4)"

"that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it? (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:13)"

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth. (From the NIV Bible, Job 37:3)"

"for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (From the NIV Bible, Job 28:24)"

"Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. (From the NIV Bible, Job 11:9)"

Nice try though

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Nice try yourself!

The four corners refer to the North, East, West and South. God isn't a moron, ya know!

Guest mapletechie

Oh, and it was the church that held the earth was flat. Gallileo, a scientist and secularist, proposed the earth was spherical, for which he was put on house arrest.

Your anti-science attitude is why Christianity has the reputation it does.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Your right it isn't knowledge. I would ask myself why then you are so heated about nonsense.

You don't have to accept science if you don't want to. But then you might also want to give away your car, stop taking medicine, avoid using electricity, etc, since these are all products of science, and you would be a hypocrite to use them. The fact you challenge science as a whole in a post on the internet, via a computer--both products of science--is pretty ironic.

How would I be a hypocrite? You assume I take a bad eye to science. Science is good, God is better. If you never went to school how would you read? God gave us language, without it how would we be so intelligent? God is creator of all things. You cannot ignore nature either as it is your mother. God is the father and creator, and made mother Earth. We came out of the womb of nature so it's laws we are bound to. If we do not follow the laws we become unsatisfied.

All laws scientists have made were not their laws. They already belonged to nature.

Edited by Observer of dreams

Guest mapletechie
Nice try yourself!

The four corners refer to the North, East, West and South. God isn't a moron, ya know!

Too bad absolute west and east don't exist, so there are no official "east" and "west" corners.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, just as we use the unscientific colloquialisms of 'sun-up' and 'sun-down', so did the Hebrews speak of 'the four corners of the earth.' The Hebrews were not really famous as geometers or astronomers, but the Scriptures DO speak about 'the circle of the earth.

Your protests that they thought it was flat and square, fall 'flat' themselves!

Learn and return. When you are sufficiently learned to receive more, I will speak to you. Right now I weary of grotesque ignorance vaunting itself as 'high intelligence.'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Well, just as we use the unscientific colloquialisms of 'sun-up' and 'sun-down', so did the Hebrews speak of 'the four corners of the earth.' The Hebrews were not really famous as geometers or astronomers, but the Scriptures DO speak about 'the circle of the earth.

Your protests that they thought it was flat and square, fall 'flat' themselves!

Learn and return. When you are sufficiently learned to receive more, I will speak to you. Right now I weary of grotesque ignorance vaunting itself as 'high intelligence.'

Here here! :emot-highfive: