Observer of dreams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Science, The study of Gods Creation, Take GOd out of the Creation and you fall away from truth. to understand the world, the way it works can come from observation, but to understand how we where created only comes from God.

AMEN!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Deleted

Edited by Jesus Admirer

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Ps. 150:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

The word here which we render "firmament" is:

7549. raqiya', raw-kee'-ah; frm H7554; prop. an expanse, i.e. the firmament or (apparently) visible arch of the sky:--firmament

Is. 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in...

Job 26:10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

Prov. 8:27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth...

2329. chuwg, khoog; from H2328; a circle:--circle, circuit, compass.

Now all the verses about the ends of the earth

The word used for "ends" is:

7097. qatseh, kaw-tseh'; or (neg. only) qetseh, kay'-tseh; from H7096; an extremity (used in a great variety of applications and idioms; comp. H7093):-- X after, border, brim, brink, edge, end, [in-] finite, frontier, outmost coast, quarter, shore, (out-) side, X some, ut (-ter-) most (part).

As you can see the word ends, has quite a large variety.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is hilarious. Clearly the bible is not a science text, nor was it intended to be, but people keep mining it, finding psuedo-science statements which they then try to bend to try to make them seem consistent with everyday knowledge. The same thinking that nearly got Galileo burned at the stake for saying the earth wasn't the center of the universe still persists today. We see it as a whole generations of christians who think that their faith is incompatible with measurable facts. They contest radioactive dating data without even being able to give a coherent description of how the techniques work. They essentially are reducing god to a magician or some sort of mischief-maker who has scrambled up the laws of physics just to test our faith. A simpler explanation is that faith and science can coexist, and that science is uncovering the handiwork of god. However, you have to give up the strict literal interpretations then...the flat earth, earth at the center of the universe, day and night being created before the sun (see gen 1), and so on. The resolution can be had by accepting that the bible wasn't written to be a science text, and doesn't concern itself with such things (it's hard to find quantum mechanics in the bible, for example), and science isn't studied to understand what god intends in our lives and how he guides us.

Bottom line: read the right book to learn about what you are interested in. Don't read a manual on how to rebuild the transmission of your car if you want to find out how to bake cookies.

Why is this SO hard to grasp??

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I agree with you, Anne. :taped:

Guest willing servant
Oh, and it was the church that held the earth was flat. Gallileo, a scientist and secularist, proposed the earth was spherical, for which he was put on house arrest.

Your anti-science attitude is why Christianity has the reputation it does.

Isnt funny how as a scientist i catch the garbage from extreme fundamentalist christians. As a christian I cop more than my fair share of slack from the scientists I work with. Its a good thing jesus is my friend and saviour or i tell ya... id really be in the cold

Edited by willing servant

Guest willing servant

Oh, and it was the church that held the earth was flat. Gallileo, a scientist and secularist, proposed the earth was spherical, for which he was put on house arrest.

Your anti-science attitude is why Christianity has the reputation it does.

Isnt funny how as a scientist i catch the garbage from extreme fundamentalist christians. As a christian I cop more than my fair share of slack from the scientists I work with. Its a good thing jesus is my friend and saviour or i tell ya... id be in the cold

religion without science is blind........... science without religion is pointless

Guest willing servant

No--Scriptures refer to the roundness (spherical) of the earth. It was silly mankind who thought himself rather smart and scientific and pronounced the earth as flat! Totally oblivious to the ancient texts.

religion without science is blind........... science without religion is pointless

As an agnostic science-type (soon-to-be scientist) I've gotta disagree with you here. Religion has gotten along for thousands of years without precise science and science gets along fine today without religion. I am not religious yet science has been highly useful to me.

I'm mentioned this before, but I actually think Western science combined with Christianity has devastated the environment. The Bible doesn't exactly hold the environment in high regard, not like Amerindian and Asian religions do. We have used our twisted notion of "progress" to destroy and displace all nonhuman life in our quest for prosperity.

We do not need to worship earth itself above God in order to be good stewards of God's creation.

We do not need to worship earth itself above God in order to be good stewards of God's creation.

You don't have to worship the Earth at all; you just have to take care of it. This is something we are all failing. How can Christians speak so highly of God while they ravage his Creation?

*sigh, re-posting this again!

Well I am a Christian and I very much respect animals and earth. They are all created by God. Here is something I posted elsewhere:

I just don't see how anyone can look at God's creation in all it's glory and splendor and not see the creator behind it all. I have seen beautiful endless mountains covered in tall pine trees, I have seen the sunrise over water and the beautiful reflection on the water. I have seen the beautiful colors of all the leaves in the fall and how so intricately detailed each one is if you stop and take the time to look. I have seen gorgeous flowing waterfalls and watched waves lapping at the beach.

I grew up in Maine and I lived in Idaho for a few years. We are big on camping, we go as much as we can. And I cease to be amazed at what an amazing artist our God is. I was hoping to post some beautiful pictures here, but it seems I can't. Do you ever stop and look at mushrooms? There are such a variety and they are so beautiful. They are truly art, as all of God's creation is. There never has been and never will be a more talented artist than God!

Also, we use cloth diapers, recycle, use environmentally friendly household products, (such as Seventh Generation and Bio-Kleen)buy local produce as much as possible, eat only free-range meat, never use any poisons on our lawn, oh, and did I mention I (a Christian!) worked for the Humane Society for 3 years until the day I gave birth to my first born?

We frequently go on nature hikes, sometimes we are out there by 7am so as to see as many birds, deer, turkey, etc. as possible. One time we were on one of our very early hikes and a turkey vulture landed on a branch just a few feet above us and looked down at us with one of his ugly eyes, it was AWESOME! WE have several different kinds of bird/squirrel feeders at our house and my youngest who is 2 can already name several of the bird species. We have rescued injured wildlife on the side of the road. Either by staying with them and covering them with an army blanket we keep in the van specially for this purpose, and staying with them until a police officer puts them out of their misery (I once waited almost 2 hours). Or if the animal is small enough, we take them to a rehabber. I keep disposable gloves in the van because I actually remove fairly fresh roadkill from the roadside so that vultures etc. do not get injured trying to eat roadkill, or poisoned from the salt that is put on the roads in the winter.

Yes I look forward to being in heaven someday, but that does not mean I am not capable of enjoying and having respect for this part of God's creation while I am here.