• Birthday:  07/01/1970

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting article, thanks for sharing it. I suppose though that if I understood part of the fear in that article about the evidence that great harm is coming to this nation then one of the indications that it has begun is the terrorists' bombing of the two towers then, right? but if Judgment is to come to America then the country well deserves it. I don't believe that it can be thwarted, not exactly, why should it? Perhaps God would spare America to a degree but is this calling for the prayer of true believers on the behalf of the many who likely won't change their ways? It's interesting about the media changing how they portray people in films, in that they could present a much better model, but it'd be surprising if they were actually to do such things. America would need a great revival to really get the entire country on the right track. Our politicians aren't the ones to look to for help, and man, I really can't see much changing in the government. I'm sure I didn't really catch all of what was implied/openly stated there, other than that there is hope and desperation on the part of those like him, and a need to pray that many more in this country will come to Christ?

Edited by heartofstone

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Interesting article, thanks for sharing it. I suppose though that if I understood part of the fear in that article about the evidence that great harm is coming to this nation then one of the indications that it has begun is the terrorists' bombing of the two towers then, right? but if Judgment is to come to America then the country well deserves it. I don't believe that it can be thwarted, not exactly, why should it? Perhaps God would spare America to a degree but is this calling for the prayer of true believers on the behalf of the many who likely won't change their ways? It's interesting about the media changing how they portray people in films, in that they could present a much better model, but it'd be surprising if they were actually to do such things. America would need a great revival to really get the entire country on the right track. Our politicians aren't the ones to look to for help, and man, I really can't see much changing in the government. I'm sure I didn't really catch all of what was implied/openly stated there, other than that there is hope and desperation on the part of those like him, and a need to pray that many more in this country will come to Christ?

I believe that we are all capable of praying prayers of intercession and I believe there are many people who operate with a calling of an intercessor. The Old testiment has many stories of men and women of God, who stand in the gap for their sinful generation. We as a society must wake up, shake ourselves, especially those with a calling of an intercessor, But men and women of God need to repent and earnestly seek God's mercy for this nation. Don't let the world lull you back to sleep or let it get you distracted from your true calling.

candi

Oh yes, forgive me. I don't mean to be spiteful or antagonistic in the post, before that though I didn't believe it possible that God would really spare all of America, or at least it wouldn't be as we know it today. It would be good of course to see many of us repent. I must go back and read the OT. I guess partly you are speaking of the Judges? I mean, I think at least one of them did intercede for the people of Israel, or at least they always did as the purpose of their place as Judges. And of course there was always Moses who on many occasions spoke to God on the behalf of the Hebrews and then God spared them.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

looking at this article it occurred to me that it should be in prophecy and not here

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Oh yes, forgive me. I don't mean to be spiteful or antagonistic in the post, before that though I didn't believe it possible that God would really spare all of America, or at least it wouldn't be as we know it today. It would be good of course to see many of us repent. I must go back and read the OT. I guess partly you are speaking of the Judges? I mean, I think at least one of them did intercede for the people of Israel, or at least they always did as the purpose of their place as Judges. And of course there was always Moses who on many occasions spoke to God on the behalf of the Hebrews and then God spared them.

Oh, your point is valid and I see your heart. I know not all will miss judgement, but could something really big be spared from all God's children taking the time to repent and cry out for revival in our land. What would happen if we really woke up and thought about praying for the lost and the issues that are at Jesus' heart?? We sometimes get so focused on ourselves(I'm also guilty) that we realize that we have been distracted from doing what God called us to do. We should really be about our Fathers business.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Gerneral Discussion Forum to the Prohecy Forum

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

I'm still listening to the broadcast and all I can say is WOW!! These guys are speakin the truth.

Thanks for sharing this :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

The last couple of weeks God has been assuring me of his faithfulness and his goodness. But, goodness does not necessarily mean without pain and suffering. I am taking a Bible study class taught by Beth Moore. This is some of what she says with regard to God's goodness:

"Sometimes people are just not willing to receive and respond to kindness. The people in Christ's day demonstrated the reality of such resistance when He said, 'O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.' Sometimes the pain of confrontation is necessary to bring profit... sometimes your child will not respond favorably to tender guidance. On those occassions, you may find that you must activate profit through pain!"

After the lesson on goodness, we studied about God's faithfulness. This is where He really spoke to my heart:

"Faithfulness is resting in His certainty, being persuaded by His honesty, trusting in His reality, being won over by His veracity... being sure that He's sure and believing He's worth believing."

Numbers 23:19: "God is not a man, that he should lie,

nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.

Does he speak and then not act?

Does he promise and not fulfill?"

"In the times He seems inactive, He may be accomplishing more than ever!"

Heb 13:8: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

The same week we were studying God's faithfulness in Bible study, my pastor preached a sermon on God's faithfulness, too. He said:

"God's faithfulness means that God is true. He always does what he says he will do."

I've had this song going through my head the past several weeks, too:

"Even when I'm walking through the valley of the shadow, I will hold tight to the hand of him whose love will comfort me. And when all hope is gone and I've been wounded in the battle, he is all the strength that I will ever need. He will carry me!"

I was praying concerning all that God has been showing me these past two years and this is what he said:

"Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." (from Mtt 8:13)

Beth Moore said:

"Christ is a divine 'yes' of God - there's a fulfillment of promise on the other side - that's what this fight is all about... Beyond every conquest is a promise fulfilled - a piece of our promised land. Faith fights the thing through. Learn to shut the mouth of the lion (Satan). And, get down on our knees and pray."

Again I prayed, "Lord I believe in you and I put my trust in you," and he said, "According to your faith, it will be done to you."

I believe this judgment of God is coming and that it is very near. God has confirmed it over and over in my heart many, many times and has been strongly assuring me again that he will do what he says. But... there is a promise fulfilled on the other side. There is a Church triumphant!! There is a radiant bride of Christ waiting for His return!! Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame. We must look to the promises fulfilled on the other side and pray for the salvation of many lives and the revival of the Church and believe God that he will do this. We must never lose hope!

Oh, your point is valid and I see your heart. I know not all will miss judgement, but could something really big be spared from all God's children taking the time to repent and cry out for revival in our land. What would happen if we really woke up and thought about praying for the lost and the issues that are at Jesus' heart?? We sometimes get so focused on ourselves(I'm also guilty) that we realize that we have been distracted from doing what God called us to do. We should really be about our Fathers business.

Heh, I checked myself since I oftentimes have to take care not to spew vitriol and other negative things that aren't pleasing to God, or coming from the Spirit. It's true, good point, that we should be seeking/doing the Father's work/will and not our own. I wish I had Jesus' compassion, for what He showed His enemies too. But yeah, praying that many more will be saved before punishment isn't a bad thing, and not what I harbor ill will against. It's still not great that I didn't want to see judgment avoided for this entire country, just in how it would change things. I think it will be great to see many more come to Christ before judgment is due.