• 100% Materialistic Evolutionist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Sharing beliefs does not make me uncomfortable. Presenting beliefs as TRUTH does make me uncomfortable.

If you have the right to tell me what you believe is the absolute truth, then I have the right to tell you that what I believe is absolute truth. The point is, this won't get anyone anywhere.

EVOLUTION IS REAL.

WE ARE ANIMALS.

THIS IS TRUTH.

Are you converted yet? I didn't think so. And I wouldn't expect you to be. But this is exactly what Floatingaxe says in every one of his/her posts.

Can you see how professing personal beliefs as truth, how repeatedly shoving this on others, is pointless, counterproductive, and disrespectful?

Please clarify by what you mean as evolution being truth.

Are you referring to what would classify as microevolution or actual macroevolution? Is there concrete proof that a species can evolve into a totally different species? (I am not talking about dog breeds evolving, the bird flu evolving, or the different skin colors there are, I am talking about actual dinsosaurs to birds, ape to man.. not changes within a species.) I believe there have been many changes within species, but I do not believe the earth is millions of years old or that birds evolved from dinosuars etc. I believe birds were created on the 4th day as the account of Genesis tells me so, and that man (not ape) was created on the 6th day(not over the course of million of years) Macroevolution has no concrete proof, (which is because it is a theory, an IDEA) Are you saying you never profess your personal beliefs as truth?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Paul warns us of a sience that is not science, well what is science, sience is the search for truth based on fact, and observational experimentation. there is no proof in evolution, it is simble mytholigy, speculations and theory, not standing on any foundation or fossle record of truth. Fossles actualy are spread out and ranged, not in time segments, but for some reason spread all at once like some kind of catistrophic event, giving more evidence of a great flood than evolution. I believe in truth and theres more evidence of the BIble as truth than any other doctrine.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Toxic--faith that leads to a sick soul. Faith that is based on untruths.

Why can't you reasonably debate without just dogmatically spouting what you've been programmed to spout?

How dare you? I am not a proficient debater, and I actually eschew proper debate, mostly because I believe God isn't honoured in it. What I do is state my belief, pure and simple. No programing here. My opinions come from knowing God and understanding His Word. Hence, the opposition you are sensing.

We came here for a debate, Floatingaxe. And you just revealed to us that you don't even like debating God. But this is a debate thread.

You say we are rude and disrespectful, Floatingaxe, yet you show no respect or consideration for the users here, like me, who came for a debate. You don't seem to care that we want to discuss religion; we don't want to be proselytized. You just don't care.

Repeatedly telling us you are right will not lead us to believe in your God. If anything, your unwillingness to debate your views leads us to believe you are just an unthinking robot or a broken record. I am sorry, but this is how you look to us.

Please have some consideration for the other users on this board.

I welcome ya'll to tell your thoughts on this topic.

Praise God,

GWG

DEBATE? I beg to differ!

You say we are rude and disrespectful, Floatingaxe, yet you show no respect or consideration for the users here, like me, who came for a debate. You don't seem to care that we want to discuss religion; we don't want to be proselytized. You just don't care.

That was a lying mouthful. Wherever did I say anyone was rude and disrespectful? Lying is rude and disrespectful. You are getting a mite too personal...watch your step.

I care that you want to discuss religion. That is what I am doing! Duh!

I don't care? I certainly do care! If I didn't care that you were lost, I wouldn't say a word!

Peace! :noidea:

Oh, and PS: Thanks for the compliment!

That was a lying mouthful. Wherever did I say anyone was rude and disrespectful? Lying is rude and disrespectful. You are getting a mite too personal...watch your step.

I don't care? I certainly do care! If I didn't care that you were lost, I wouldn't say a word!

Discussing religion would be along the lines of "This is what I believe, and these are the reasons I have to believe it. What do you believe, friend?"

You simply state your belief at any given opening and claim that we're being "blind" not to see the truth in it. That isn't discussion.

Sorry you don't like my style. What do you mean, "any given opening"? :emot-hug: I am allowed to post here, am I not? *looks to see if I am banned* :wub: If you don't like what I am doing, just PM me, or better yet, PM a mod or report me.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

We believe that all of humanity is in a building that's begun to burn from the bottom floor, up. And despite your denial of this fact, we would very much like to tell you that your building is on fire. And we would very much like you to realize that salvation for you has already been accomplished.

...We who have already escaped the building testify that we have been saved.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Discussing religion would be along the lines of "This is what I believe, and these are the reasons I have to believe it. What do you believe, friend?"

You simply state your belief at any given opening and claim that we're being "blind" not to see the truth in it. That isn't discussion.

Your desire for an open unbiased debate is laudable. However I hope you are not maintaining that dogmatism is limited to the theists in the discussion.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The thing with evolution is that it is simply an explanation of what is observed, probably the best explanation so far. But we now have observed micro-evolution happening in the lab, something that we did not have 20 years ago.

Does this mean it is 100% correct? No but no theory is. We may find that there is secret force in existence for example that is really at work, and gravity does not really exist. But right now the explanations we have about gravity work pretty well.

What I challenge some of my Christian brothers and sisters to think about is the resurrection of Christ. Now would that resurrection have true meaning for us, if there was no scientific understanding of biological death? Let

The thing with evolution is that it is simply an explanation of what is observed, probably the best explanation so far. But we now have observed micro-evolution happening in the lab, something that we did not have 20 years ago.

Does this mean it is 100% correct? No but no theory is. We may find that there is secret force in existence for example that is really at work, and gravity does not really exist. But right now the explanations we have about gravity work pretty well.

What I challenge some of my Christian brothers and sisters to think about is the resurrection of Christ. Now would that resurrection have true meaning for us, if there was no scientific understanding of biological death? Let

Guest mapletechie

Toxic--faith that leads to a sick soul. Faith that is based on untruths.

Why can't you reasonably debate without just dogmatically spouting what you've been programmed to spout?

How dare you? I am not a proficient debater, and I actually eschew proper debate, mostly because I believe God isn't honoured in it. What I do is state my belief, pure and simple. No programing here. My opinions come from knowing God and understanding His Word. Hence, the opposition you are sensing.

Thanks for admitting logical, rational debate doesn't "honor" or support God. You basically admit that to honor God, I must turn off my brain and all critical thinking and just have faith.