• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

With all the news about courts telling us to remove religious symbols we seem to finally get a foothold to fight back.

Ruling: Voters have right to Ten Commandments

Idaho Supreme Court OK's Boise election on display of monument in park

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=51551

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thanks for posting!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

With all the news about courts telling us to remove religious symbols we seem to finally get a foothold to fight back.

Ruling: Voters have right to Ten Commandments

Idaho Supreme Court OK's Boise election on display of monument in park

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=51551

How is that a win for anyone really? God doesn't care if the ten commandments are in a courtroom, plus only two of the commandments are actually laws so it has nothing to do with the legal system. It only applies to two religious, plus it opens the gates for other religions. Would you be all right with a town that was primarily Muslim hanging up fatwa's on their courts and schools?

Edited to add: Ah, just noticed it says park, that's not so bad at all (I have a real issue with them being in courts just because that's not the right place for the ten commandments.)

Edited by Bob Dole

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

(I have a real issue with them being in courts just because that's not the right place for the ten commandments.)

why? :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

no murdering

no stealing

no cheating

no lying

hmmm, sounds like a few laws of the land.

Cant imagine why that would be a problem for you

No cheating (I'm assuming you mean adultery) isn't a law, neither is no lying. No lying isn't in the ten commandments either. So you have two commandments that are laws out of ten. Plus, these are God's laws, not the laws of the nation. The punishment for breaking most of these laws (like working on the sabbath, or disrespecting your parents) is death. We give out the death penalty for murder, and even then it's rare. I'd rather not be stoned to death for arguing with my father or responding to an emergency call from one of my client's on Sunday.

One more point, I'd rather have the ten commandments posted at places where sin occurs (abortion clinics, a billboard in Las Vegas, places like that) where it's appropriate and can act as a deterrent (can you imagine a girl going through with an abortion while reading "Thou shalt not kill".)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

No cheating (I'm assuming you mean adultery) isn't a law, neither is no lying. No lying isn't in the ten commandments either. So you have two commandments that are laws out of ten. Plus, these are God's laws, not the laws of the nation. The punishment for breaking most of these laws (like working on the sabbath, or disrespecting your parents) is death. We give out the death penalty for murder, and even then it's rare. I'd rather not be stoned to death for arguing with my father or responding to an emergency call from one of my client's on Sunday.

One more point, I'd rather have the ten commandments posted at places where sin occurs (abortion clinics, a billboard in Las Vegas, places like that) where it's appropriate and can act as a deterrent (can you imagine a girl going through with an abortion while reading "Thou shalt not kill".)

In a divorce, who gets custody of the kids?

Not the one who commits adultry usually.

Lying under oath is too against the law.

Where do you think the laws of the nation came from?

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

(I have a real issue with them being in courts just because that's not the right place for the ten commandments.)

Excuse me?!!! :emot-highfive:

But where do you think they get the laws that they use to judge us by? I mean, men didn't all of the sudden decide that murder is wrong!! Our judicial system is based on the Ten Commandments. What better place to display them than in the Court Room. :)

In a divorce, who gets custody of the kids?

Not the one who commits adultry usually.

The one who wasn't abusive, the one with the job, the one with more money, it depends. The court doesn't generally look at who committed adultery when deciding who keeps the kids.

Lying under oath is too against the law.

Where do you think the laws of the nation came from?

Hmm just checked the ten commandments, it actually does say you shouldn't bear false witness. The thing is the law just says lying under oath is wrong. It says nothing of lying to your mother about who ate the last cookie. Or lying to your neighbor and saying someone else's dog relieved itself in their yard.

The laws of the nation came from the elected people in the nation and are sometimes voted on by the people of the nation. However, this includes all people, not just Christians. A satanist can make a law just the same as a Christian.

The Idaho Supreme Court has authorized an election in Boise for voters to decide whether they want the Ten Commandments displayed in a city park, and supporters of the plan say it could have national ramifications.

As more and more Christians wake up and see the moral decline in America, I see great potential with this ruling for Christian issues in general in America. Instead of the anti-God ACLU intimidating people all across America, and taking away the rights of Christians here, other Christian issues can in the future be put to a vote by the people, and let the people decide instead of left anti-God judges and the anti-God ACLU.

My Web Blog

Shouldn't judges have some right to say what they'll allow in courtrooms? Leave the public institutions to themselves please. As much as I'd love to see a nation of Christians, I just don't want it to be THIS nation. If we all purchase an island somewhere I'd be glad to have the ten commandments everywhere, this nation wasn't founded for Christians, it was founded for everybody. If you really don't like the idea of sharing land and courtrooms with non-believers, you can always move someplace else.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

God doesn't care if the ten commandments are in a courtroom

How do you know this? :)