• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1971

I Samuel 28 7-25

Paraphrasing:

Saul asked the Medium at En Dor to conduct a "Seance" (NKJV) and to bring up Samuel.

Then when the Medium seen Samuel she cried out with a loud voice, and asked Saul why he had deceived her, because he was Saul. (He had disguised himself)

So he told her not to be afraid, and asked her what did she see. She said she seen a spirit ascending out of the earth, that an old man was coming up covered with a mantle.

Saul "Perceived" it was Samuel, and then it goes on to say that Samuel spoke to Saul.

Ok, I believe that Mediums are real. Christians are not to mess with them at all.

Was this truly Samuel that spoke to Saul through the Medium?

Why would God let Samuel's spirit talk through a Medium?

Why is this even in the Bible? I dont understand what is happening here.

I dont think Mediums actually conjur up the actual people they are suppose to. I think its other spirits, like demons or something of the sort.

If anyone could shed some light on this scripture, I'd appreciate it a bunch.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I Samuel 28 7-25

Paraphrasing:

Saul asked the Medium at En Dor to conduct a "Seance" (NKJV) and to bring up Samuel.

Then when the Medium seen Samuel she cried out with a loud voice, and asked Saul why he had deceived her, because he was Saul. (He had disguised himself)

So he told her not to be afraid, and asked her what did she see. She said she seen a spirit ascending out of the earth, that an old man was coming up covered with a mantle.

Saul "Perceived" it was Samuel, and then it goes on to say that Samuel spoke to Saul.

Ok, I believe that Mediums are real. Christians are not to mess with them at all.

Was this truly Samuel that spoke to Saul through the Medium?

Why would God let Samuel's spirit talk through a Medium?

Why is this even in the Bible? I dont understand what is happening here.

I dont think Mediums actually conjur up the actual people they are suppose to. I think its other spirits, like demons or something of the sort.

If anyone could shed some light on this scripture, I'd appreciate it a bunch.

Saul could have been a king who listened to God through the prophet Samuel, but he chose not to, and when Saul could no longer hear from God, it tormented Him. I think Samuel appearing to him-is like Samuel slapped Saul in the face.

Saul lost the annointing of God on his life and he became very jealous of David. The protection of God was off Him.

God may have worked this out to speak to Saul through Samuel. That's a real good question.

I personally believe that the medium speaks to familiar spirits, who get info. from demonic presences. Some are truely fake and others are true demonic mediums.

Whatever it is it's nasty!!! And I believe there is a true "Saul-like demonic spirit" that works in ministers and ministries that have lost the annointing-have moved away from the presence of God and attacks those who have the true annointing.

It's amazing Saul had a prophet telling him what God said and still decided to go against what was told him to do. But, again, Israel wanted a king and look what they got.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

Just opinion here...

I belive that God did allow the spirit of Saul to speak through this situation for two reasons.

To scare Saul half to death.

To scare the medium half to death.

I think she was more astonished than anyone when she got the real thing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

Darski, i do believe you have the right of it. God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I belive that God did allow the spirit of Saul to speak through this situation for two reasons.

I think you meant "Samuel", though. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/28/1971

I think Samuel appearing to him-is like Samuel slapped Saul in the face.

Saul lost the annointing of God on his life and he became very jealous of David. The protection of God was off Him.

To scare Saul half to death.

To scare the medium half to death.

I think she was more astonished than anyone when she got the real thing.

Both these replies shed some light on the situation. It's helped me kinda understand it better. I agree with both, however I still find it a wee bit on the strange side. But if thats the way God handled it, then who am I to argue!