• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Jedi Knights Demand UK's 4th Largest Religion Receive Recognition

With their vast intergalactic knowledge and ability to harness the Force, the task of convincing UN officials to recognise their cause should be a walkover for a pair of Jedi Knights.

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/39484/J...ive_Recognition

i mean, star wars is a cool movie and all, but this?? :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've heard of this religious movement before.

What I'd like to know is how much of this is a SciFi/fantasy hobby vs. an actual belief in "The Force".

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

My guess is that there's a little of both...I mean, most of the people involved are prolly just crazy big fans, but I'll bet there's a few near the top who have made it their life goal to be able to use Jedi mind tricks and Force push. (Personally, I just play the video games for that :20: )

Still, I think that's one of the most hillarious things I've read this year!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

WOW, hmmm, next, treakies are going to proclaim a religion, I mean It would be cool to have a light saver, and wear a robe around all the time, I think I'll stick to truth in Jesus. lol people take the jedi thing too too far.

My guess is that there's a little of both...I mean, most of the people involved are prolly just crazy big fans, but I'll bet there's a few near the top who have made it their life goal to be able to use Jedi mind tricks and Force push. (Personally, I just play the video games for that ;) )

Still, I think that's one of the most hillarious things I've read this year!

All though when I was little and tried to use jedi mind tricks, and force push, I gave up, personally, Now I can play the starwars games and use mind tricks, and force push as well. Ya, episode 3 rocks for ps2

Guest shiloh357

The article says millions follow the "Jedi" religion. Honestly, I think some people have way too much time on their hands. I like Sci-Fi, but it is pretty bad when people cannot divorce fiction from reality. These folks need to get a job and live in the real world.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

"And BROAD is the way that leads to destruction and MANY there be that go in thereat." Goodby Jedi! Hello Jesus! Amen & Amen!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

WOW, hmmm, next, treakies are going to proclaim a religion, I mean It would be cool to have a light saver, and wear a robe around all the time, I think I'll stick to truth in Jesus. lol people take the jedi thing too too far.

No, there was no religion is Star Trek.

OK, I understand how you all perceive this. But please try to bend an ear a bit. If not for Jesus, I'd have gone down the path of Neo-paganism or something similar. When people do not have the Lord, they do try to fill the void with something else. The sci-fi/fantasy people who are not into the "logic of science" tend to go towards the spiritism side of things. I know because I've had friends who were into this.

We need to stop :24: at them and start :24: them. Consider, what brought you into the kingdom - love or ridicule?

Please let go of the ridicule, OK? These are lost and hurting people looking for an escape from mundane life.

So, when I wonder if they actually believe in the force or are just playing with it like a hobby or a club, I am sincerely wondering.

No, there was no religion is Star Trek.

OK, I understand how you all perceive this. But please try to bend an ear a bit. If not for Jesus, I'd have gone down the path of Neo-paganism or something similar. When people do not have the Lord, they do try to fill the void with something else. The sci-fi/fantasy people who are not into the "logic of science" tend to go towards the spiritism side of things. I know because I've had friends who were into this.

We need to stop :emot-prettywink: at them and start :emot-puke: them. Consider, what brought you into the kingdom - love or ridicule?

Please let go of the ridicule, OK? These are lost and hurting people looking for an escape from mundane life.

So, when I wonder if they actually believe in the force or are just playing with it like a hobby or a club, I am sincerely wondering.

I agree

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I think this is actually a load of garbage. You might remember some years ago (about seven or eight years I think) there was a world-wide - mainly from UK though - email campaign trying to persuade people to write "Jedi-knight" on forms requesting "religion". This was about the time of a census (somewhere - can't remember where) and the point of it was a protest against having to answer questions about religion.

There was a rumour that if (I think it was) about 20% of people put their religion on the census form as "Jedi" then it would have to be recognised by the government as an official religion. I don't think this was ever true.

My son takes great delight in writing "Jedi" for his "religion" whenever it comes up (he tells me it is his "bourgeois protest") and to my knowledge he has only seen the film "Star Wars" once and is not particularly a fan of it.

So I don't think that the "millions of people" are serious about being a "Jedi", they just think they are being funny.