Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

So do I! God of Very God, Third Person of the Holy Trinity. Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Three-in-One and One-in-Three. and the One in the middle died for me! AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Bottom Line after all is said & done: With the classic and unflinchingly understandable Acts Chapter 2:8-11 passage on speaking in languages as foundation, all Bible languages are known, national, earthly & understood dialects with nary an instance of speaking in "heavenly gibberish" or "divine mumbo-jumbo" as I've already posted on several occasions for edification of point. Jehovah God well knows and completely understands ALL languages of earth (including Anglais, Francais, Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, et al) quite nicely whether via prayer or via sermon....He CREATED all such (Colossians 1:16)....and that fact surely negates any need for verbal non-language mish-mash. Deus caritas est. N'est-ce pas? AMEN!

We may speak with the tongues of angels, n'est-ce pas? God knows that lingo well!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I read you, but heaven's angels, as you well know by now, never once are recorded as having spoken in any language other than the specific earthly, national, understood language of the people to whom they were addressing, whether Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Never once - not one time - in "heavenly gibberish." That speaks volumes. Deus caritas est.

I read you, but heaven's angels, as you well know by now, never once are recorded as having spoken in any language other than the specific earthly, national, understood language of the people to whom they were addressing, whether Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Never once - not one time - in "heavenly gibberish." That speaks volumes. Deus caritas est.

Oh well, Arthur! I know that we will all speak a heavenly tongue one day. Many of us have had a preview!

Oh....and it ain't gibberish. It is a meaningful tongue that God certainly understands, because He is the one doing the speaking. Now stop blaspheming, Arthur.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

Oh well, Arthur! I know that we will all speak a heavenly tongue one day. Many of us have had a preview!

Oh....and it ain't gibberish. It is a meaningful tongue that God certainly understands, because He is the one doing the speaking. Now stop blaspheming, Arthur.

Wow that was kind of a vicious retort. First of all, he is not blaspheming. There is truth to what he says. Tell me this floating axe. In your church, when someone is speaking in tongues, is it always interrpreted and is there 2 or atleast 3 that speak each in turn? Doubtful. If people are not following the rules written by Paul then there is a problem there. A direct sin against the church incorporated in the service. This will lead to false teachings and blasphemy. I've already seen it happened in my girlfriend's bible study. The other day, the "woman pastor" was teaching that we need to stick with one pastor. Jesus Christ as our one pastor, yes, but one man, absolutly not!! Once you start to add things in like this or the whole "slain in the spirit" thing then you will start to see satan decieving the church and ruining the faith of the elect. Its very scary. Sincerly, your brother in Christ, matthew

Wow that was kind of a vicious retort. First of all, he is not blaspheming. There is truth to what he says. Tell me this floating axe. In your church, when someone is speaking in tongues, is it always interrpreted and is there 2 or atleast 3 that speak each in turn? Doubtful. If people are not following the rules written by Paul then there is a problem there. A direct sin against the church incorporated in the service. This will lead to false teachings and blasphemy. I've already seen it happened in my girlfriend's bible study. The other day, the "woman pastor" was teaching that we need to stick with one pastor. Jesus Christ as our one pastor, yes, but one man, absolutly not!! Once you start to add things in like this or the whole "slain in the spirit" thing then you will start to see satan decieving the church and ruining the faith of the elect. Its very scary. Sincerly, your brother in Christ, matthew

My response was not vicious in the least. I would be remiss if I didn't speak against blasphemy when I discern it. I would have to answer to God if I let it go by.

You do not understand the full aspect of the gift of tongues. I believe it is a rare occasion where the gift of tongues requiring the gift of interpretation occurs. This is a ministry gift of the Holy Spirit, where He instructs or exhorts the Body. No interpreter? Then one must be silent.

There is another gift of tongues that Paul used: it is the gift of grace of the Holy Spirit, and we use that often in our own prayer and in our worship. It edifies the believer, and no interpreter is required.

And, why do you have quotation marks around woman pastor?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

I just want to say something.

I love the Holy Spirit!!!!!

AMEN!!!! Ok, Ill be taking a look at Bill Hammond but I didnt say he needs to be perfect. We're humans so thats impossible but all of his prophesies need to be perfect or 100% because this is whats said in Deuteronomy. If they arent 100% then God is not speaking to them. This is the problem! There is no evidence today. There are no video tapes of prophets going out and prophesying in the streets. Why is that? Or, there are some claims of people raising people from the dead. This is complely unreasonable! God wants us to correct the wrongs within every chuch and there are some major issues here. Your brother in Christ, matthew

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

I've already seen it happened in my girlfriend's bible study. The other day, the "woman pastor" was teaching that we need to stick with one pastor. Jesus Christ as our one pastor, yes, but one man, absolutly not!! Once you start to add things in like this or the whole "slain in the spirit" thing then you will start to see satan decieving the church and ruining the faith of the elect. Its very scary. Sincerly, your brother in Christ, matthew

Matthew,

Not all manifestations are evil or lead to heresies. I never believed in "slain in the spirit" either and I was schooled in the Pentecostal Church of God where The Lord led me when He called me to preach. But, I was injured once during my backslidden days (17 years I walked away because of backbiting, gossip, etc... out of anger). The doctors cleaned out my disc between L4/L5 lower back but, it left me crippled and in a wheel chair with neurological damage. I had no feeling from my hip to my toes in my left leg. Nerve tests showed permanent damage and the diagnosis said nerves never repair after collapse. I was devastated since I had always been a strong working man and provided for my family. I had worked since I was six years old.

I was so loaded down with despair, anger, bitterness and depression. I did manage to use bio-feedback to control by mind my right leg (atrophied from long periods laid up) enough to get on a cane but each step was slow and cautious because of the dead left leg. A nurse we had met at one of the local hospitals was a Christians and told my wife about a Revival by a Healing Evangelist coming to their Church (Assembly of God). I refused to have anything to do with anymore hypocrites! But something came over me and a strong urging within said; "it can't hurt you to go.." Though I had walked away from Church and my calling, I still had a respect and belief in God just not in practice. So, I went. The man preached a sermon on "Touching Jesus" and it was the sermon by the Holy Spirit that drew me to go forward not for healing but to let God know I was wrong and sorry.

But, I could not kneel at their alter for I could not get back up. I could barely get up from a sitting position taking a long time to do so and then slowly get moving. So I stood praying for His Forgiveness. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see this evangelist coming down the line laying his oil anointed hands on people and they would fall back to the floor. I thought to myself; "I don't believe in this stuff and if he get's close to me, I am leaving and going back to my pew!" But, I suddenly became fixated on Jesus and some of the words I had heard that evening. I had closed my eyes in prayer and there he was! Coming at me with those oily hands and I was frozen and couldn't move. Suddenly, I was like removed from that place. I was in a supremely held space where the Love of Christ flooded my whole being and I could literally feel the warmth and Love flood my whole body. I realized without doubt Jesus was right there! I began to apologize and .... then He just hushed me as He did His work throughout. The depressing, emotional heavy load I had been under lifted off like tons of bricks and I had never felt such peace. It seemed like it went on forever in that place all alone with Him.

When He was done, I realized I was laying on the floor up in front of the Church! Embarrased, I immediately got to my feet and went for my pew kind of looking down not wanting to confront anyone's eyes over that incident! But before I could reach the pew (almost to the row halfway down that Church), that evangelist called out over his microphone; "Young man!" I cringed and look back embarrased and he was smiling waving my caned over his head. It was then that I realized I had walked normally on both feet and legs to my row! I stomped on that left leg and foot and realized I not only had total feeling in it, but that the atrophied muscles were now full size in both legs!

It wasn't long before I left that Church again because of the same things plus I had picked up smoking and couldn't get rid of it and that brought a lot of condemnation and judgement from others and well as myself. But, Jesus persued me and finally got hold of me in January 1997 after my 17 year marriage fell apart in 1993, a second marriage fell apart (1 1/2 years) because she was atheist and I had begun reading my Bible in quiet while she and her kids watched TV. That came because a deep hunger to really search and find Jesus for Real came up in me six months earlier. She gave me an ultimatum to throw that Bible away and forget anything about religion or she would pack up her kids and leave. She did so just before Christmas of 1996. Less than a month a later of searching the Scriptures but, no presence or call coming, I decided to hang it up, do as she had asked for surely God did not want me to allow another marriage to fail. It was right then and there that His same presence and power hit me and showed me He had been directing me to that place in my life and, that I needed to decide right then and there. And here I am today serving Him and still walking strong.

We should not discount everything we do not understand in the flesh or by our own understanding of His Word as demonic. When we are truly Born Again by His Holy Spirit, we will see the phony copy-cat ways of satan versus the Real Manifestations of Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost. To stamp them all even lightly as of satan, IS Blaspheme as Jesus proclaimed the Pharisees so did when they accused Him of casting out demons by beezelbub or satan. That is the only time Jesus brought up the "Blasepheme of the Holy Ghost", the "unforgivable sin" was at that moment and I don't care what theologeans have put forth since saying other manner of things are that "blaspheme", Jesus only pointed to calling the Supernatural Works of God through the Holy Spirit to be of satan to be that sin. We should all be careful of that and pray over it before opening our mouths on the subject thinking we know something but are totally ignorant. For the most part, if any manifestation brings the glory to Jesus alone, it is definitely of Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Scientific study done on speaking in tongues.. Good read.. :thumbsup:

http://www.raidersnewsnetwork.com/articles...TC-RSSFeeds0312