irishcowboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with most of what you have said here, but what is wrong with mums teaching sons or dads teaching daughters. I'm bringing up my two children alone most of the time. When their dad was over last time he had a good talk to our daughter about boys and was very clear about what was permittable and what was not.

I totally agree with the clothing issue. I hate this low riding.

With the hugging issue and children it is ideal if the parents are there but what about a new 4 year old at Sunday School and they have an accident and need and want comforting. Parents should be close by but they are not necessarily. I've seen this hugging issue being put to extremes in childcare where the caregiver is not meant to hug the child (by law)if the child wants one because the child has hurt themselves. Also there can be cultural issues here. Some culture do hug and kiss each other on the cheek when they greet each other

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

OH, I dont know....

maybe like the case in Texas right now about the 4 year old up on charges of sexual harrassement... against a teachers aid.....

NO JOKE......

the kid went up and hugged the teachers aid, and he was arrested for it....

personally,

i feel that if a hug is given, it should be initiated by the child, as you said, when in the nursary or day care or a place like that and the child needs comforted, it should be them coming to the teacher/ instructor/ facilitator ...... not the adult chasing after the children to get hugs...

anyways........

in this day and age, we all have to remain blameless.... and all it takes is someone that might even be a bit jealous about some one else getting a hug and them not that could cause an allegation.....

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

OH, I dont know....

i feel that if a hug is given, it should be initiated by the child, as you said, when in the nursary or day care or a place like that and the child needs comforted, it should be them coming to the teacher/ instructor/ facilitator ...... not the adult chasing after the children to get hugs...

mike

:emot-questioned:

There seems to be a tendency to allow young people to teach young people, it is seen on these boards there are some posts which I read that are so juvenile that wisdom and understanding just don't enter in. I don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

At the small church I used to attend on Wednesday night we would have about 25 teenagers come to the teen class, ages from 14 to 19. They ran their own class of Bible Study with 1 adult lady present that was just there in case something not biblical was being taught or discussed. The teens trusted her, my girls were in the class, and they had studies concerning teen pressures and things of the world that they were faced with daily. They were by far the biggest class on Wed. night.Most of them were members of other Churches but enjoyed this class so much they attended our Church on Wed. night.

A new Deacon elected to the Church decided this wasn't a good idea and convinced others and they put a stop to it. Many of these teens quit coming all together. It was really sad because they were really learning a lot and had other Christians their age to discuss all the trials and pressures of their life with and to help find the right way to deal with them.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

At the small church I used to attend on Wednesday night we would have about 25 teenagers come to the teen class, ages from 14 to 19. They ran their own class of Bible Study with 1 adult lady present that was just there in case something not biblical was being taught or discussed. The teens trusted her, my girls were in the class, and they had studies concerning teen pressures and things of the world that they were faced with daily. They were by far the biggest class on Wed. night.Most of them were members of other Churches but enjoyed this class so much they attended our Church on Wed. night.

A new Deacon elected to the Church decided this wasn't a good idea and convinced others and they put a stop to it. Many of these teens quit coming all together. It was really sad because they were really learning a lot and had other Christians their age to discuss all the trials and pressures of their life with and to help find the right way to deal with them.

this is where one has to be submissive to those in authority... this does not mean we have to bow down to them, but we must.....MUST..... respect the position with out fail.... we may not agree with anything or everything that one above us may put forth, but we must be submissive... we must not rebell...

this is a time that we must also seek the Lord and His will for the youth.... there maybe a different road that the Lord wants to lead them down, not what us humans want to lead them down....

these small groups are great, but we also need some one that will be the "authority" overthem.

having one person over a group of 25, this might not be a good idea, but maybe if there were two instead of one, one reason is to reduce the odds, and also for accountability....

we need to keep ourselves accountable to others.... and one person being in a situation as that can be detrimental to the church fellowship and to the youth and to her life.... if there were one other person of athority (lets say even her husband) then that would be a lot better for the church fellowship and for the youth and also for her.

even in the nursary, if there is even just one child, there should be at least two responsible adults tending.

some of the insurance policies are starting to look at this as well, also the back ground investigations for the workers....

mike

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

This lady was well respected in the Church and she would have not hesitated to ask for help if needed. There were afew times that questions arose that she asked the Paster to visit the class for a different outlook on something when there were those who could not agree, But most of the time she handled it beautifully. She was quite knowledgeable of the Bible and was very good with this age group.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Hehehe....the loose cargo pant talk made me think of the "Daddy's 10 Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" e-mail I've gotten a few times. One of them says something about using a nail gun to secure those loose pants (that and "if you can't keep your hands off my daughter, I will remove them." are my favourites)

Hehehe....the loose cargo pant talk made me think of the "Daddy's 10 Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" e-mail I've gotten a few times. One of them says something about using a nail gun to secure those loose pants (that and "if you can't keep your hands off my daughter, I will remove them." are my favourites)

;)

• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

There seems to be a tendency to allow young people to teach young people, it is seen on these boards there are some posts which I read that are so juvenile that wisdom and understanding just don't enter in. I don